Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

perfect viewing time too man what a sunset...don't make me miss Aulani already!

Personally, I think unless you are going to spend a large portion of your time in the room that the view isn't that important as it gets dark after sunset where you can't see anything. I legit spent 8am-8pm at the resort enjoying the water, rainbow reef, getting food so I was never in the room other than to sleep and shower...what an amazing resort.

Agree with this though we do come back at about 330 from the pool each day, clean up and get ready for dinner. Then we go back out. The happy hour on our balcony is nice. Not sure it’s worth the extra points to all but we like it.

That being said we wouldn’t think twice about staying here in a lesser view. It’s not the biggest draw at all.

Agree with this though we do come back at about 330 from the pool each day, clean up and get ready for dinner. Then we go back out. The happy hour on our balcony is nice. Not sure it’s worth the extra points to all but we like it.

That being said we wouldn’t think twice about staying here in a lesser view. It’s not the biggest draw at all.
The only view I don't like is Poolside Garden. If I'm going to splurge, I'll splurge on Ocean, otherwise I'll get the cheapest available.

Just curious - are you able to somehow lock the door behind you if you use it to go out to the pool? Or one person needs to stay behind to lock up and use the front door?
No, you wouldn't be able to lock the door behind you if you go out your sliding doors.

No, you wouldn't be able to lock the door behind you if you go out your sliding doors.

If we have a one bedroom Oceanview parked and would like nice view of the water towards the pools and sunset I am assuming the following is a good request based on the search of this thread and the map would you please confirm?

Ewa Tower (not Short Wing )
12th floor or above
Choice 1 ending in '82
Choice 2 ending in '76
Choice 3 ending in ’70

If we have a one bedroom Oceanview parked and would like nice view of the water towards the pools and sunset I am assuming the following is a good request based on the search of this thread and the map would you please confirm?

Ewa Tower (not Short Wing )
12th floor or above
Choice 1 ending in '82
Choice 2 ending in '76
Choice 3 ending in ’70
I'm not familiar enough with the layout to comment, but hopefully others are.

We stayed in a dedicated two-bedroom in the Ewa tower in March. I had requested a room ending in xx50, like we had on our last trip, but they weren’t able to accommodate the request. We were in placed in room 1480.

The room had a much better view of the beach, ocean and the pools than our previous room, but it was much louder, as we were right above the water slide. There was a lot of screaming during the day.

I really missed hearing the live music and seeing the koi pond from our room. I also preferred the long balcony, to the two smaller balconies.

Once again, my biggest complain about the room is the louvered doors. I was always out of bed first, and had to maneuver around the living room and kitchen like a ninja to avoid waking my kids in the morning with the light and sound coming through the slats in the guest room door.

Attachments

• 7BB69072-25F6-44AB-BAD0-C58CE98550CB.jpeg
    7BB69072-25F6-44AB-BAD0-C58CE98550CB.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 8F96D243-53E8-4ABF-8C74-30964964D0D7.jpeg
    8F96D243-53E8-4ABF-8C74-30964964D0D7.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 86B03808-88EB-4B7E-BF4E-167E43460976.jpeg
    86B03808-88EB-4B7E-BF4E-167E43460976.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 6E5CE107-D3E3-41BB-83EB-B72C1E307B18.jpeg
    6E5CE107-D3E3-41BB-83EB-B72C1E307B18.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 0DA5E018-CF49-44C5-9E65-573E98637390.jpeg
    0DA5E018-CF49-44C5-9E65-573E98637390.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 97
  • B1970002-6F10-4364-9E50-6A1AE0001B58.jpeg
    B1970002-6F10-4364-9E50-6A1AE0001B58.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 93
  • C0DE6702-025D-475A-981E-8F26E7FC9AE8.jpeg
    C0DE6702-025D-475A-981E-8F26E7FC9AE8.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 97
We stayed in a dedicated two-bedroom in the Ewa tower in March. I had requested a room ending in xx50, like we had on our last trip, but they weren’t able to accommodate the request. We were in placed in room 1480.

The room had a much better view of the beach, ocean and the pools than our previous room, but it was much louder, as we were right above the water slide. There was a lot of screaming during the day.

I really missed hearing the live music and seeing the koi pond from our room. I also preferred the long balcony, to the two smaller balconies.

Once again, my biggest complain about the room is the louvered doors. I was always out of bed first, and had to maneuver around the living room and kitchen like a ninja to avoid waking my kids in the morning with the light and sound coming through the slats in the guest room door.
Thanks for sharing this. Hearing the waterside noise was not something I considered in being closer to the beach on the Ewa tower.

Did you not have views of the sunset from this location? Or was is blocked by the four seasons? Or was it elsewhere?

Thanks for sharing this. Hearing the waterside noise was not something I considered in being closer to the beach on the Ewa tower.
Ewa Tower Ocean View and Pool View are going to have some noise no matter where you are. Closer to the beach will have waterslide noise, but that will stop around 6pm. Further from the beach, we had noise from the live music at the Olelo Room. Some nights, this was beautiful Hawaiian ukulele music. Other nights, it sounded like bad karaoke.

Did you not have views of the sunset from this location? Or was is blocked by the four seasons? Or was it elsewhere?
That's going to depend on time of year more than where you're positioned in the Ewa Tower I believe. In January, the sunset was to the left of the Four Seasons from that angle.

Ewa Tower Ocean View and Pool View are going to have some noise no matter where you are. Closer to the beach will have waterslide noise, but that will stop around 6pm. Further from the beach, we had noise from the live music at the Olelo Room. Some nights, this was beautiful Hawaiian ukulele music. Other nights, it sounded like bad karaoke.

That's going to depend on time of year more than where you're positioned in the Ewa Tower I believe. In January, the sunset was to the left of the Four Seasons from that angle.
Thank you - those are good points. We dont need to nap so daytime noise should not matter as much.

For sunsets we will be there in July 18-23. Was hoping we could see them from our One-BR balcony

Thanks for the photos too - soooo beautiful!

Thank you - those are good points. We dont need to nap so daytime noise should not matter as much.

For sunsets we will be there in July 18-23. Was hoping we could see them from our One-BR balcony

Thanks for the photos too - soooo beautiful!

The doors do a really great job blocking out the noise of the pools. However, it is still really loud if you're out on the balcony. The trade-off from our last room was that it was much quieter during the day, due to the distance from the water slides, but much louder at night, as it was right above the Olelo Room. But I loved listening to the music, so it didn't bother me. We were in 950, so much lower and I really could hear the music, even through the closed doors.

Villa 358. 1-Bedroom villa is in Ewa Tower and 4th door on the lobby level close to the shops. We enjoy being in the action, so pool view is perfect for us. I also like that the balcony is in the shade mornings and around sunset, so we could sit out and watch the pool area and character greetings. Also, no waiting for elevators, we just took the stairs. There is a lot of foot traffic outside the room but I really never noticed after we shut the door. I thought it was hilarious when we would come out of our room there would be kids screaming and adults talking loud and then they would see us and have a look of pity on their faces because the hallway is LOUD! 😂The Olo Room is directly below so the live music can be annoying if you go to bed earlier than 10 pm. I lived with it and wouldn’t be disappointed if we got the room again. The view is great.

Attachments

• 4AA083CE-C7CF-4E02-99CD-A7FA44987922.jpeg
    4AA083CE-C7CF-4E02-99CD-A7FA44987922.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 111
A new DVC member here! Staying 10 nights for my honeymoon in December in an ocean view deluxe studio. Cant wait!

Are we able to let them know a preference for a certain room prior to arriving? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for the ocean view studios. Thanks!

Are we able to let them know a preference for a certain room prior to arriving?
Yes. Just let member services know your preferences (try email) so they can note it on your reservation.

We arrived yesterday to find that we got an upgrade? I guess
we booked a dedicated island garden view and got 1681 which is listed as ocean view.

we had requested a room ending in 81 or 75 higher floor.
great view of the Luau.

i will post pics later

A new DVC member here! Staying 10 nights for my honeymoon in December in an ocean view deluxe studio. Cant wait!

Are we able to let them know a preference for a certain room prior to arriving? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for the ocean view studios. Thanks!
Our first stay was in a DS as well our second stay was in a 1 BR. Never going back to a DS again! The space and the tub and the balcony will blow you away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter