Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

We are headed to Aulani first week of October for a 2020-rescheduled trip. I've booked a 2BR island view. Trying to follow along for the best options for room request and struggling to find suggestions. Anyone have any quick tips?

Hello all. I am an owner of Aulani and just wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation for what to write in an email for best possible view request for a Standard 1br? From what I’ve been able to see, maybe something like, highest floor possible ending in 63 or 69. Does that sound right?

The only view I don't like is Poolside Garden. If I'm going to splurge, I'll splurge on Ocean, otherwise I'll get the cheapest available.
I originally held your view CaptainAmerica. But I have seen some pretty lackluster "ocean" views in my research. We were going to book pool/garden. Now I am just undecided and stressed over the decision. LOL

I originally held your view CaptainAmerica. But I have seen some pretty lackluster "ocean" views in my research. We were going to book pool/garden. Now I am just undecided and stressed over the decision. LOL
My problem with Poolside Garden isn't that it's  bad, it's just expensive, especially when you're paying with points. It's priced closer to Ocean than Island Garden.

I've always had my room requests met at Aulani and had amazing ocean views the two times I've done it. Pick the last two digits of the room you like and request "highest available floor ending in XX."

We stayed earlier this month in Island Garden view room 1479 (DVC studio). The room had a partial view of the ocean and a full view of the luau (a little high up, but we could see and hear everything!).

It was close to the elevator, but not too close!

A11DE3C0-54E4-4570-AA22-361BD8015EC8.jpeg

We stayed earlier this month in Island Garden view room 1479 (DVC studio). The room had a partial view of the ocean and a full view of the luau (a little high up, but we could see and hear everything!).

It was close to the elevator, but not too close!

View attachment 726916
Technically this could be considered an ocean view because you can see the ocean. I’ll share what my ocean view was and being a local to the island, I laughed about it. After this visit, I’m just choosing a standard view because we rarely spend time on the balcony and if anything, people watching is far more entertaining than a view where the ocean is 5 miles away. But of course as a first timer or even being a tourist, that view pats dividends to share with others via social media, etc. To each their own but I’ll keep my points and go with a standard view.

Attachments

• 5C6D2488-4515-4E76-BEC6-20518D8A7A12.jpeg
    5C6D2488-4515-4E76-BEC6-20518D8A7A12.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 37AB8C5F-9BE5-4939-84B9-E90F7A314061.jpeg
    37AB8C5F-9BE5-4939-84B9-E90F7A314061.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 92
Technically this could be considered an ocean view because you can see the ocean. I’ll share what my ocean view was and being a local to the island, I laughed about it. After this visit, I’m just choosing a standard view because we rarely spend time on the balcony and if anything, people watching is far more entertaining than a view where the ocean is 5 miles away. But of course as a first timer or even being a tourist, that view pats dividends to share with others via social media, etc. To each their own but I’ll keep my points and go with a standard view.
I'll be SUPER pissed if this is the "oceanview" we get when we go in June.

Is there any updated photos of room views for Aulani? About 80% of the links I click on show nothing (i.e. say "not found"). Trying to get an idea for room views? Thank you.
No, and agree...frustrating. Still, I've been able to piece enough together to see what views are and where I'll put my request in for.

Hello all. I am an owner of Aulani and just wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation for what to write in an email for best possible view request for a Standard 1br? From what I’ve been able to see, maybe something like, highest floor possible ending in 63 or 69. Does that sound right?
I am not an owner at Aulani (Copper Creek owner), but will be staying in a one bedroom in May, and came here to ask the same thing! I tried to look at pictures of the standard one bedrooms on here, but all of the links are broken. Anyone have any pics or tips for view requests?

Also asking here for a room request if we are staying in a 1br OV. Thanks!

Views from room 1277, island view one bedroom. Straight down is a terrific view of the Aulani luau. Off to the right is ocean view.

Attachments

• C892AEB6-5BBE-483F-8C27-3B31DFA98E4F.jpeg
    C892AEB6-5BBE-483F-8C27-3B31DFA98E4F.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DC593A6A-8747-4705-BDD2-821706C90B6F.jpeg
    DC593A6A-8747-4705-BDD2-821706C90B6F.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 107
Very nice, that's a lot of ocean for an island view room.
Agree— I think it’s actually more ocean than some of the “ocean view” rooms I’ve seen here. Have booked 1bd OV and currently am a bit worried that we are going to be livid with the sliver of ocean pics I’ve seen around here…thinking of changing to island view and requesting a high floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter