Autograph Alternative

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
What have you used to collect charachter autographs besides a traditional book?

I've done a photo mat and a pillow case, both of which I love, but I'm looking for something new and different to try next time.

On our last trip I collected them on blank 3x5 cards. (They were spiral bound...a huge plus!) Once we were home I was able to put the autographs into my trip scrapbook. It came out great!

We did the small, thick spiral bound artist drawing pads, in the smaller size about a 3 x 5. The paper was so thick, no bleeding from sharpies. Bound and ready to go at all times. Each kid got their own. Similar to the idea above though.

If you are looking for different items though- maybe t-shirts, post cards, or pre-printed pictures of characters that you print before the trip for the characters to sign (tons on-line) like a autographed photo from the stars

I did a piece of foam board. It started as a Flat Grumpy with no plans for autographs. But after finding Jiminy Cricket it started collecting. It stored flat with a sharpie and in a ziplock bag.

Then it got sent to the friend it was representing with a dollar store plate easel.

I used the Walt Disney Resort Cookbook that I bought in WOD.

I got a ton of autographs in it, & now it's propped up on a plate stand in my kitchen. Love it!

I've done a photo mat and a pillow case, both of which I love, but I'm looking for something new and different to try next time.

here are some ideas, hope it helps: If your celebrating a milestone (ie: birthday) have everyone sign a birthday card... a game... (ie: uno, cards, monopoly $... extra points for anyone that lands on a autographed item), pictures of them that u can lamiate for magnets! :goodvibes Good Luck & have fun :goodvibes

We took the sleeves out of the DVD cases and had the characters from each movie sign their own. That was fun.

I'm looking for ideas, too! My girls are 7, and will be 16 months when we go in May. I'm kind of liking the pillowcase idea, I think. Any other's??

I used the Walt Disney Resort Cookbook that I bought in WOD.

I got a ton of autographs in it, & now it's propped up on a plate stand in my kitchen. Love it!
My BF did this and got only the characters at Chef's Mickey's to sign it. I love it, it was a very cute idea!

I've heard of people getting baseball caps signed, but I don't think you could fit a lot on:confused3 If you could find a big floppy brimmed hat that might work, and there'd be no trouble kepping little heads out of the sun:thumbsup2

How did you do the photo mat? I love this idea but don't know did you carry it around. What size dis you use?

How did you do the photo mat? I love this idea but don't know did you carry it around. What size dis you use?

The first time I used an 8x10 mat that had holes for 2 smaller photos (lots of "white space" to write on). It was quite thick on it's own, and we put it in a large ziplock bag with another piece of cardboard, too - to keep it dry and be sure it wouldn't bend. Then we just put the bag in our backpack.

Last time I had a thinner mat (one of those new CVS things that you can print a photo sheet to fit) and I actually put it in a folder like kids would use at school, and put that in the backpack.

I really like the fabric squares to make a quilt idea. How would you use them in the parks? Would an embroidery loop work? Does anyone have any better thoughts?

On our past 2 trips I've bought the 9 inch Vinylmation figure and gotten autographs on them.

VinylmationMickey1.jpg

VinylmationMickey2.jpg

This one was from the 1st trip ... my husband tried to convince me that we had enough room for our next trip but I bought the yellow one for that trip. I carried him around tucked in a gallon size ziploc bag (he didn't quite fit but was close enough) in my purse and used the multi-colored Sharpie pens. Buy your pens tho before you leave because at the time we were there they did not sell them in the park. I've had people ask if the marker smeared and I've never had a problem with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter