Autograph Alternative

I love all these ideas. This will be our 3rd time going with our kids and I was looking for something different than a traditional autograph book. I'll have to give the kids the ideas and see what they would chose as they will be 10 and 13. :cool1:

On our past 2 trips I've bought the 9 inch Vinylmation figure and gotten autographs on them.

VinylmationMickey1.jpg

VinylmationMickey2.jpg

This one was from the 1st trip ... my husband tried to convince me that we had enough room for our next trip but I bought the yellow one for that trip. I carried him around tucked in a gallon size ziploc bag (he didn't quite fit but was close enough) in my purse and used the multi-colored Sharpie pens. Buy your pens tho before you leave because at the time we were there they did not sell them in the park. I've had people ask if the marker smeared and I've never had a problem with it.

where did you get the mickey statue? that is a great idea!

You can pick them up in the parks or at Downtown Disney. On our last trip I ordered it from Disney's online store ... I didn't want to spend the time shopping around when we got there. They now come in a bunch of different colors. On our last trip I bought a yellow one.

Just remember if you plan on doing the Vinylmation figures to take your own Sharpies with you. When I got my first one at EPCOT in August 2009 they did not sell Sharpies in the parks ... not sure if that has changed because I took my own pens last summer as well.

thank you so much. im going to do this for our next trip. i tried to go to the disney store online but they dont have the 9 inch. i will try to find the number for diney world merchandise and order it from them.

All such great ideas!

If having the characters sign fabric-y things like t-shirts, pillowcases, etc, use an embroidery hoop to hold the fabric taut. This will help the characters out TREMENDOUSLY, not to mention, it will give you a much better result. Have you ever tried to sign a loose piece of fabric while holding it in your hands? You will also be able to pre-position the hoop to focus on the area where you want the character to sign.

Also, it's much easier for characters to use standard size Sharpies as opposed to the tiny keychain versions. :wizard:

I really like the fabric squares to make a quilt idea. How would you use them in the parks? Would an embroidery loop work? Does anyone have any better thoughts?

I pre-cut the fabric (10 inch squares cut diagonally in half to make triangles) and used a clip board with alligator clips kept in gallon size ziploc bags. The clipboard doesn't allow the bag to close but it will slip inside. I kept the signed pieces in a separate ziploc bag. The clipboard worked well because it gave the characters a surface to sign on.

I was trying to repost the link to the pic of my quilt but Photobucket & I are currently not getting along. I will try again tomorrow.

ETA: I would suggest using squares larger than you think you want then trim them to the shape & size you want when you go to put the quilt together. I ran into some issues that signatures weren't always turned the same way. It made it interesting when laying the quilt out so that it made sense.

LOVE these ideas, but any ideas for a 15 year old boy who's kinda into characters (this is only his second trip, I think he is making up for lost time!) and who has outgrown the pillow case ideas and has no intrest in quilting!

I love the Mickey Statue but was that a pain to carry around?

LOVE these ideas, but any ideas for a 15 year old boy who's kinda into characters (this is only his second trip, I think he is making up for lost time!) and who has outgrown the pillow case ideas and has no intrest in quilting!

If hes into baseball you can try a cap or a baseball... :goodvibes

Was not a pain to carry around. I put it in a ziploc bag and then carried it with the pens in one of the drawstring backpacks that they sell at the parks.
I just came on to tell people tho that I was in the Disney Store in the mall and when I asked about the 9 inch figures (which they didn't have any of the plain ones) the cast member said that they are not signing them in the parks anymore. She claimed that people were putting them on Ebay for crazy amounts of money. I think I would still ask someone at the parks. I have done it twice. Would NEVER sell mine (tho I may have to hide them from my husband).

I bought an encyclopedia of disney characters at my son's school bookfair. I plan on having them autograph their pages on our next trip.

This is our first trip to Disney and I would LOVE for them to sign an autograph book and a quilt square do you think that would be a problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter