[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Can anyone in London comment on how cold/rainy it is right now over there?

We have a 4 night stop in London prior to the cruise and I'm actually packing as we speak.

Would I need fleece/rain jacket? 10-day forecast say 40% rain for May 27-May 28 :sad1:

Me too! Blooms like a high of 60 when we arrive next week. I'm going to bring a jacket.

lilpooh108 said:
Can anyone in London comment on how cold/rainy it is right now over there?

We have a 4 night stop in London prior to the cruise and I'm actually packing as we speak.

Would I need fleece/rain jacket? 10-day forecast say 40% rain for May 27-May 28 :sad1:

At the moment it is cold here. Not the usual summer temperatures. We have even put the heating back on this week. Lots of rain forecast as well. Not the most welcoming weather I'm afraid

Yes, I just had to convince my mother that only taking capris for the vacation was a BAD idea LOL!

Haha for me its the opposite. Everyone's been screaming at me about how cold it is over there (we were in London & Paris once in May and we all had to buy jackets) and I kept reassuring everyone---its HOT in the Med!!

Had to eat my words lol :rotfl:

Hey everyone, just 11 days to go! I'm so excited! I wanna thank everyone for their replies to my previous questions.
I was gonna start packing and I had some more questions:
1. For dining with kids: is there formal wear required for dinner? I know that shorts aren't ok, but are jeans and sneakers/sandals all right? Are the kids not allowed to wear shorts either?
2. Is there a laundry or washing machine facility on-board the ship?
3. What are the telephone facilities on the ship? Will I get signal aboard the ship or should I leave the ship number provided in the catalogue at my office?
4. Any idea what the internet charges are like on board the ship?

I would really appreciate any help regarding these queries, and see all of you'll soon!

Hey everyone, just 11 days to go! I'm so excited! I wanna thank everyone for their replies to my previous questions.
1. For dining with kids: is there formal wear required for dinner? I know that shorts aren't ok, but are jeans and sneakers/sandals all right? Are the kids not allowed to wear shorts either?
3. What are the telephone facilities on the ship? Will I get signal aboard the ship or should I leave the ship number provided in the catalogue at my office?

I would really appreciate any help regarding these queries, and see all of you'll soon!

1. I think it is fine for kids to wear shorts, but having checked the weather you might need a pair of long pants
2. Yes. You swipe your room card to pay
3. No clue
4. Costly and unbelievably slow. Think old dial u

I have to work when I'm on each cruise and I buy 500 minutes of connectivity and it costs $150. It is not the fastest, but I was never disconnected suddenly. There is wi-fi in the rooms and it is reliable, just not very fast.

I never tried any of the hotspots on the ship. I always connected within our room.

I tried logging into check my emails once and took ages to even get connected and cost a small fortune, for nothing.

At sea you won't get a signal, only at sea signal, which again is unbelievably expensive. On port days you will be able to connect to local networks and find wifi spots in the towns.

Laundry on each floor, they are usually busy in mornings and evenings,

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
1. I think it is fine for kids to wear shorts, but having checked the weather you might need a pair of long pants

Ok, now I'm worried. I'm all packed with shorts and dresses! Is it gonna be cold or rainy??

OrangeCountyCommuter said:

Ok, now I'm worried. I'm all packed with shorts and dresses! Is it gonna be cold or rainy??
Also, any idea whether payments on board the ship will be in euros or in dollars?

Just had my last day in work!!!!! :cool1: Got the weekend to pack and make sure I don't need anything else. If I do, I then have 2 days to sort it.

Just need to drop my tortoise to my brothers and put the cat in the cattery just before we leave and I will be all set. WOW, the day is almost here.

Single digits people!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

More pics of the Magic.....

DCLCruise2010-0178_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-1453_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-1442_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-1212_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0081_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0130_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-1110_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0518_edited-1.jpg

My cruise documents say there is an on board credit for paying for cruise with Disney Visa. Anyone know if this I accurate and how much it might be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter