"Back-to-School" Challenge--everyone welcome!

mollyseven said:
Oh my gosh it's like I could've posted this....we are one and the same.!!

I am at that weight after having recently come back from DPP and eating my way around the world for a week....good god it's not right!!
Anyhow...I also want 21 off but will be happy with 10 off by labour day. I've gotta be realistic with myself as I eat plain nacho chips ....stopppppp
Anyhow...I am definitely with you.
:yo-yo: enough of it already
Denise
:lmao:
I wish I ate plain nacho chips-- I smother mine with melted cheddar--
Here's to meeting our 21 lb goal :bounce: :cool1: :dance3:

I want to join! :)

I am new to WISH and actually just started my weight loss journey this morning! My mini goal for now is to lose 15 pounds by the time this challenge is over.

How do I get the cute little back to school clippie in my signature?

Thanks!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Welcome--

njcarita--I so know what you are talking about! My starting weight was 172 in March when I started doing these challenges, etc. I had lost about 30 pounds 3 years ago and gained it AND a few more back! I am determined this time!

goofy4wdw59--9 pounds rocks!!! You can do that!!

miandrea--WOW! Moving to a new city and a new job! That's great! After you get this challenge, your principal will want to find a challenge to be as fit as you! :thumbsup2

Mrs. Abuboo--DH & I want to do the 1/2 marathon in January 2008 also! We can get there--I know we can!

wannabe@wdw--Good luck on Atkins! This challenge will give you a great start!

curiouser-- :cheer2: :wizard: Motivation & pixie dust sent your way! Thanks for joining!

luckywife--Awesome! Hope your weight-loss journey start day was great! You've done the hardest part (at least I think so)--just getting started! There is a post somewhere in this thread that tells you how to put the cool clippie in to your sig. I know somewhere on this thread there is someone with WAY more tech knowledge than me (that could be ANYONE!) who can tell you specifically how to do it!

Again, welcome everyone! My weigh-in for our start is 139 pounds--I am determined to get to 125 pounds by Labor Day. For those of you who haven't heard my motivation, I want to be healthier and fit, first of all. Then, my brother is getting married on Sept. 30. I am a bridesmaid (bridesmatron, I guess). There are 12 bridesmaids, and I am (by at least 5-6 years) the oldest. I am determined not to be the old, frumpy bridesmaid!! Plus, I turn 30 on Sept. 14th, and we're going to WDW, so I want to meet my goal for that!

I know we can all do this! Ok--I'm signing off the marathon email! Have a great evening! :dance3:

Thanks for starting this! I was in the Summer weight loss challenge and lost 10 lbs(didn't make my 15). I am aiming for 15 this time too. Thanks for this motivation! We are having a family trip to DW in Dec and I will be at goal.
Good luck to all!
:sunny:

dismikki--I have you added! Welcome to the challenge! You can do this! :cool1: Way to go on losing 10 pounds! :thumbsup2

I figured out the clippie :)

Really excited about my first challenge!!

I want to join! I am setting my goal at 15 pounds, I am going to be on the ddp for 10 days starting next week :rotfl: so I know I will cheat for at least 10 days! :Pinkbounc After that I'll be good! lol

OK- I'm in too. :wave2:

This is my first W.I.S.H. challenge and it is perfectly timed with my recomitment to getting back on the weight loss track.

I don't have the summers off as I work full time but I need some motivation and companionship in this battle.

I'm right there with many of the previous posters- not wanting to feel frumpy, irked that weight has crept back on, continuing the quest to be healthy.

A bit about me- as I mentioned above, I work full time and I'm the mom of a very active 9 year old DD. I also have an underactive thyroid (thanks to the birth of my wonderful DD) so weight loss is a real challenge. I managed to lose 30 lbs about three years ago but had to exercise twice a day to get there. Needless to say- it has crept back on- :sad2: .

I'm recommitting to daily (not twice daily- just daily) exercise again too with a goal of 15 lbs lost by Labor Day.

Whoops- enough about me- let the challenge begin! :woohoo:

Thanks for getting this started!

I would love to!! Based on 1 pound a week I am going to say my goal is 11 pounds by Sept...;)

Hi, I would love to join you. Cute clippie by way. I am going to aim for 15 lbs. by Labor Day weekend. My brother gets married that weekend so that is one more reason to work for this goal. I am not sure how this works with the font colors though. Is that 10% of the challenge goal or my BIG weight loss goal? That might be a silly question but I haven't participated in a weight loss challenge here yet.
Anyway, that would mean that since I have lost 5.8 lbs. so far since I started back on WW and WISH two weeks ago, if I lose another 15 by Labor Day weekend, That would be a total of 20.8 lbs. I think I can handle that. So count me in please. Just to be official, I am starting with my weigh-in weight from yesterday which is 196. So I want to get down to 181. That would be great!
Thanks for the extra motivation!!

I'm not sure how to get that clippie in my signature? It didn't work like the other ones did. Is there a magic trick for this kind?

Welcome aboard, goofy golfer girl, campinggal, lillygator, naisy68, and wish I lived in Fl! I'm glad you all are here! That just makes more of us to support one another!

naisy68--I'm not sure about the clippie! But I know that someone who is better at the tech stuff than me can give you advice! :thumbsup2 I copied the directions from an earlier post in this thread. I did have to put in
at the beginning and end, respectively. Then I had to take out the part that said "url".

As far as the colors go, I put them at each 10% because it always motivates me to get to change my color! ;) We'll base those on that percent of the goal you set for this challenge! I like to see what I have achieved in "small steps" so I stay focused to keep doing it! :cheer2:

Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Hi Stitch,
I would love to join too.
I lost about 60 pounds since January & the last week or so I just can't get back on track.
Tomorrow morning I will weigh in (not pretty) & post then.
It should be a starting weight of around 248.
I want to drop 25 pounds by Labor Day, so that is roughly 10%.
Thank you so much for starting this. I really need to get back on the wagon & get motivated.
Lisa

Welcome, 3NJDisneyDivas! Glad you have joined us! :wave: I know you can get to your goal! :cheer2:

Just to clarify my confusing % color scheme--the peril of working in a high school, you stay confused! :crazy: We'll do it based on your back-to-school challenge goal! That way, if you set your goal for this challenge as 10 pounds to lose by Labor Day, you would be "magenta" or 10% when you lose 1 pound. I need affirmation and motivation, so it helps me to see it change like that! Does that work for everyone, or would you rather I did it on pounds lost? Whatever works best for everyone is ok with me! :yay:

Tomorrow is my last day of working summer school, so it is my recommitment day, too! After a celebratory post-summer school nap, I am going to work out and get back on track with my daily exercising! I hope everyone has a great Friday! :banana:

I would like to join to lose 15 lbs by Sept 1

Welcome, NikiM20! I've got you down! It looks like 15 is the challenge number for a lot of people this time! We can do this! :banana:

Can I join too? :wave2:

I am off for the summer and want to get myself together. During the past school year, I've stopped exercising and gained about 20 pounds. Stress, laziness, who knows... I started phase 1 of South Beach yesterday and am recommitting to daily exercise. My goal is 15 pounds by Labor Day.

Thanks Stitch for putting this together!

Hi pixiechick! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you joined the challenge! I know we can all get back "on track" this summer! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter