Back yesterday...feeling blue

...What makes me even more sad is that I have no idea when I'll get to go back. Dbf really wants to have a relaxing, non-Disney vacation next...

Who says you can't have a relaxing vacation at WDW???

The resorts are destinations unto themselves. The pools are great, there are nice restaurants, spas, DTD, etc., etc.

:thumbsup2

I feel like this every time. And we go a lot. Enough so that I usually already know when my next trip will be before we leave.

It is just coming off the high of spending months making sure everything will be just perfect and seeing your plan pulled off without a hitch (or without a hitch that matters).

Then you come home and you have this hole of time you used to spend planning your trip and now you have nothing to fill it with.

Does that make sense? That is how I feel anyway.

The only cure for me is to throw myself into planning the next trip.

You can try reading through the Pretrip reports and the the trip reports to see it through someone else's eyes!

find the best way to get over Disney blues is to plan another vacation :cool1: When are you thinking about going back?

We have started doing this....as we were leaving Disney, on our December trip), while on ME, we all decided that we are coming back again this year. We planned out where we wanted to stay and when. This helped out a lot, especially with 2 girls crying because we had to go home. Then just a week or so ago, my DH suggested booking another trip for September so we can go to MNSSHP (first time), so now I will have that to look forward to as well once we get back :goodvibes.

I totally fell you pain! :sad2: My DH doesn't really get why I have such a strong emotional connection to Disney, but b/c he loves me we go! :lovestruc Anyway this is how I have managed to get back (and now we even own a timeshare there!! :cool1:). I told him that he has his hockey- I have Disney. After his tournaments and games throughout the year- we need some 'us' time. So... that is why we go. But I do make some compromises. I promised him that I would learn to play golf. (not sure how this is going to go over, since I can't even throw a ball) so we can both play one game while we are down there. We stay off site so yes, I still get my Disney fix, but we do a few other things that interest him too. (discovery cove, universal) My DH LOVES LOVES LOVES food... so I make adr's at his fav. restaurants and remind him about how great the food is. I even find the recipes on-line and get him excited so that he'll make some of the dishes (he loves BOMA) at home. I find recent pics on trip advisor to show him the newest buildings and pools at our timeshare. I post fun pictures of us at Disney on our fridge, and every morning we have coffee in a mickey cup. I also work an extra job so it ensures me to go there at least once a year!! :laughing: We will have 1 trip of Disney, and 1 trip to someplace else (vegas, vancouver etc). To get me through, I help plan other people's vacations, talk about Disney at work, make scrapbooks, and I come here on the boards to help pass the time, to dream and to plan!! Because I can't wait to get back to the mouse!!! :yay:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way. My DH and I go every year, but I have to say since our trip this Feb, I have totally been in a funk! The next time we go, we want to go to the MNSSHP so I don't think we can go till 2011. We typically go every 12 months so this is going to be super hard for me. I don't know what to do. I've tried planning for the next trip but that hasn't seemed to help :sad2:

You have to keep rebooking. It's the only way around this.

I've been going yearly since 1995, and upon my return in October 2006, I got home and was a weapy, depressed mess.

So I booked a 4 day trip for the end of January 2007.

Since then - I go twice a year: 2 weeks in Sept/October and 5 days (had to up that initial 4 day one) in January or February - has just depended.

I book a bounce back in the Fall, and have my Winter trip booked before I leave for the Fall one.

I always have a trip booked. It's the only way. :lmao:

ETA - I have even considered an early Dec 4 day'er for this year. Not sure yet. ;) Keep booking!

OP here...it's been a few days and I'm just feeling more sad as the week goes on :sad1:

I tried to lay the foundation with Dbf for another trip...saying we could head down for a few days then take a 4 day cruise to unwind. His response "What else is there to do? We've done it all." I don't agree with this statement at all. I always find new stuff to do when we're there. I think because Disney was our last 3 vacations in a row, he's just getting sick of it. He definitely doesn't share my intense love of Disney.

I said "What if your sisters come this time? That would be different." and he said that would be something to consider. So now I'm hoping if I can get some of his family (and my family - I have a 2.5 year old niece who has never been and my brother wants to take her...my parents are also big Disney fans who honeymooned there in 1980), then he'll buy into it. I know it's important to mix it up a bit, but the thought of going somewhere else is just not appealing to me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter