Bad news for DW: planning for next DVC trip can now commence!

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
We are planning to cruise on points in summer 2003. Went on the Disney Cruise Line site this morning and was able to get the dates for the 2003 cruises, including info as to which of the Saturday departures will go the Eastern Caribbean and which will go the Western Caribbean itinerary. This will allow us to select our preferred date so that some friends of ours can book their cruise to go at the same time. This means that we can start planning our 2003 vacation in earnest. BTW, LOL, we are planning an II exchange for a summer 2005 trip to Europe. Already have been narrowing down the resorts and our planned itinerary. I love planning vacations (especially at a time when I am currently getting little or no time off), but DW really gets tired of me over planning things and asking about decisions about vacations that are several years off. They say DVC works best for those who plan ahead, so I guess one could say I was made to be a DVC member!;) :D And, yes, I know I need to get a life!!!!!:)

Doctor - it sounds like your wife and my wife could get together to lament :) She gets tired of me taking so much time to plan vacations then talking about those upcoming vacations for the whole year before :)

Bummer she'll have to survive another trip to WDW... :D

Put my wife in that club too. She says she never listens to me as I am planning knowing that I will change my mind a hundred times, "Just tell me when to show up at the airport and I'm sure it'll be great."

We have found that if you are going to have to make a exchange you need to plan several
years off to get close to what you want. This is really true if you want to go to somewhere like
Hawaii, Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon.

In my house it is my husband and children who have to suffer! I love the planning.

I only have one complaint though. They don't want to plan but then when we get there, they want to criticize.

I have cut back drastically on set plans since we are now able to go every year. But woe to he who picks apart my plan on the plane ride or in the parks. I threaten them with the worst, they will have to plan it themselves! (not likely):jester:

I think the planning is almost half the fun. I have also learned so much on these boards that we would just have missed otherwise. I really appreciate the companionship of all of you other compulsive planners!

Our annual pilgrimage to the mouse used to be all up to me. DH never made a decision, or wanted too. Now that we have DVC he's taken over the ressies. He just loves calling MS....he's totally addicted. I have no clue what changed him but I'm glad he did. Now I just figure out the restaurants, etc. And of course the packing...........I wish someone would volunteer for that!

As Bartles and Jaymes used to say in their commercial: "thank you for your support." BTW, DW did not give me a funny look when I showed her the printout with the dates for 2003--she just asked "which date do you think you want to go?" and we talked about whether that would likely work for us. Could we have a possible convert on our hands?

hi to all: DoctorP-maybe a convert or maybe just resigned to the fact that if she gives you her input, you'll leave her alone. that seems to be my family's philosophy. JoanBWV98-i carried through on your threat of making them plan it themselves a couple of times after hearing some whining and complaining. now we all kind of figure out ahead of time what things we definitely want to do and plan accordingly. our specifics only include ps and maybe a couple of shows/parades that we definitely wouldn't want to miss.

I have never actually made the plan. They do respond now with their "must dos" for each park. I ask for 3. That way we make sure we hit everyone's favorite.

I am also down to PS and this year parades. We are also going to do the Railroad tour one morning. I haven't yet figured out how to get to Guest Services at MK at 7:15 am. I am sure someone at BWV will help us out.:)

We have certainly come a long way from my list of rides that we had to hit in each park. The first few times we went with another family. Then we needed alot of detail because none of us wanted to be standing in the middle of a park, asking politely "what do you want to do". Now my kids know that we will get to their favorites before we go home.

Dr. P.... I hear you big-time!

My DW just looks at me like I'm nuts when I talk about next May's trip to WDW. And she really thinks I'm Goofy when I start talking about 2003!

Hey, they're just plans. They can change, they can completely go away. But a lot of the fun is in the planning since we have so many options and so little time!

Thanks for the heads up on the 2003 cruise info. We are planning to forgo our 2002 WDW vacation in order to save up enough points to do the 7-day cruise in 2003. Let the planning begin.

There are planners and non-planners. Can you imagine the trouble that would ensue if a planner married a planner? :eek:

LOL - put my dh in the same category as all those wives. He just nods his head and uh-huhs me to death. I think once I caught him rolling his eyes but he quickly regained his senses and claimed there must be dust in the air. ;)

We've yet to take our next planned vacation but I'm already planning on next year and the next. I try to explain to him it all matters *now* (Annual pass dates, 11 month windows etc. etc) but he just doesn't get it. That's ok, I really don't want his help anyway. :)

I am just glad to hear I am not the only one who plans point usage for the next 10 years!!!:D

I use this as a picker upper during the long winter months here in the north!:)

LOL, I just bought another WDW guide book on Sunday so that I could do even more planning. I am now looking at the Europe guide books to see if I can nail down the parameters of our 2005 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter