Barbie and Ken do Disney Trip Report COMPLETED!!

:thumbsup2 Whew! It's taken me all week to read your trippie! Love it!:love:

Thanks for sharing! Congrats to you on your graduation!:cool1:

yay!!! The updates were fantastic! You have made me see my lesser favorite parks in a new light. I haven't even been to the Animation Studio since I was like, 7.... I'll definitely have to try it next time!!

Hey everyone! Im issuing a warning before I begin - this is a LONG LONG LONG installment. I feel like this was probably the LONGEST day of my life! lol .. so bare with me - come back later if you cant handle it all in one sitting.. there is an OODLE of pictures and I figured Id share them all with you because thats one of the reasons I took them!! So enjoy and thanks for reading!

Day 8

Today was our Magic Kingdom day! The one day that we had to spend the WHOLE time at MK! We were pretty excited and were ready to set off on our way!

First we had a character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. We left really early, anticipating that it would take us a long time to get to the Grand Floridian. It didn't. The monorail was easy to find and fun to ride!

207.jpg

209.jpg

When we arrived at the Grand Floridian, I was overwhelmed! We were EXTREMELY early and kind of wandered around the huge resort aimlessly feeling a little out of place. Despite the fact that this is the biggest and most high class hotel, I didn't find it to be as inviting as the other hotels. In fact, it was quite unwelcoming. We did find a friend in the photopass technician who was sitting at her desk. We stolled on over to pass the time and looked at some of our pictures - it was then that we found out that this photopass girl was actually part of the Disney college program and was from 2 towns over from us! It was really cool - we talked all about how she likes Florida - she told us that she was OVER it and missed Boston and home - I could relate to that. She said that it was overrated and that the novelty of being at Disneyworld all the time wore off quickly. She was nice and I appreciated her being truthful with us! We passed some time talking to her, browsing the gift shop and taking pictures of the place.

211.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

214.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

215.jpg

We finally were able to check in to the restaurant! I was so excited! I only decided to schedule a couple character breakfasts RIGHT before our trip, so I was so surprised when I got the ressies! This one I was highly anticipating - because it is such a nice place! We paid out of pocket for this meal because we didn't have enough credits on the dining plan to schedule it. Today was our lucky day because not only was Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter and Alice there, also Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Snow White were there! We sat down and were then directed to the biggest, most amazing breakfast buffet I have EVER seen!

Of course I HAD to try the Strawberry soup that I had heard so much about - it was very yummy!

229.jpg

This buffet had EVERYTHING from hashbrowns, pancakes, and make your own omelets - to strawberry soup, ICECREAM SUNDAES, and every cereal and bread product you could imagine!

Here are some of our plates :

234.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

The first character to come around was Tigger! I was nervous as I always am with characters as to what I should do - but he was very friendly and FUNNY! Before this breakfast I had had absolutely NO interest in having pictures or looking at Pooh Characters but after this I was smitten with Tigger who was so funny and cute!

220.jpg

221.jpg

After came his lovely chubby little friend Winnie the Pooh -

223.jpg

224.jpg

Then Alice -

225.jpg

226.jpg

Next came the BEST character ever - my new favorite - THE MAD HATTER! Honest to god, whoever this man was in this costume - he must have been the funniest guy ever! He had me on the ground .. seriously - I was dieing! And he basically stayed at our table throughout all of breakfast! He was so funny. At one point he was at a different table and I was laughing at his antics and he came over and in his faux british accent said "Excuse me Miss - are you laughing at me? I DARESAY YOU HAVE DRANK THE GIGGLE TEA!" He shrieked this which made me and Todd burst into laughter and I just laughed and laughed - we had so much fun with him. He announced to the whole restaurant that I had "drank the giggle tea" and was suffering the consequences!! He was great! Notice by face bursting with laughter -->

227.jpg

228.jpg

Todd consuming "the giggle tea" --

233.jpg

Mary Poppins -

230.jpg

231.jpg

On our way out I took a picture of Todd and Snowwhite because she had taken a "fancy" to him and had tried to flirt with him on the way to the bathroom. I thought it was funny so here is the happy couple :

235.jpg

Breakfast here was AMAZING! and LONG! I would definitely reccomend 1900 Park Faire - it was AWESOME! We will definitely be going back and it will be my #1 character breakfast! Please don't have doubts about trying it!

To be continued in next post ...

I love the photos with Mad Hatter Blayne! You look like you're having LOADS of fun! Hope my first trip is as good as yours :teeth:

Can't wait for the next post!!

We left the Grand Floridian feeling STUFFED and enormous and giddy! We headed over to Magic Kingdom where the day was turning into an EXTREMELY hot - "no need for the big sweatshirt I had worn" kind of day!

When we got there, the park had already opened and there was quite a few people there. By quite a few I mean - TONS! Since it was February vacation week now, the parks were getting pretty crowded.

238.jpg

239.jpg

We headed to Adventureland because it our previous trips to MK we had yet to visit this section of the park!

241.jpg

242.jpg

The first ride we headed to was the Jungle Cruise. The wait was LOONGGG! We waited in line for almost an HOUR! I had sent Todd to get fastpasses for Pirates of the Carribean while we were waiting, but apparently they don't have fastpasses for Pirates .. which is DUMB! We waited and waited and waited some more .. and FINALLY got to board our boat on the Jungle Cruise.

247.jpg

261.jpg

264.jpg

266.jpg

268.jpg

271.jpg

The ride was cute, but not worth the wait and WAYYYY to short! The ride took like 1.5 minutes and it was just ehh..

We moved on to Pirates HOPING that that would be more entertaining - Since I'd heard it was like "THE BEST RIDE EVER" I figured it would be ..

272.jpg

During our 8 million hours wait, we met this really nice family in front of us. The grandmother took us under her wing and talked to us the whole time.. we called them our "new family" and they even tried to ride with us when we finally got up there, but there wasn't enough room. The ride was fine. It WASN'T anything special - it was cute and quick - but I think that everyone raves to much about it. Yes its cute and Johnny Depp is very lifelike - but it was just okay in my book. Todd didn't think it was anything special, but Im still glad we got to experience it.

After we took some pictures with Captain Hook and Smee

273.jpg

Next we headed to the Enchanted Tiki Room. That show was cute - a little creepy. Then off to take pictures with Aladdin and the gang. Todd and I basically just wanted a picture with genie since Aladdin was a tool and Jasmine was weird. Hey whoever said Todd and I were NICE? lol I'd rather NOT see a characters face thank you because most likely I won't think its cute! Aladdin tried to put his arm around me, but I wouldnt let him -->

274.jpg

We then headed over to the Swiss Family treehouse which was cute and good exercise. The main reason I liked it was because so many tv shows like Fullhouse and Boy Meets World have this treehouse incorporated in it so I liked knowing that I was walking on a place where famous people have been - yeah Im THAT cheesy

275.jpg

282.jpg

286.jpg

290.jpg

When we were done with Adventureland, we headed over to Frontierland and wanted to ride Splash Mountain, but it was SOO SOO unbelievably packed with more than a 3 hours wait so we boarded the Walt Disney World Railroad to escape the crowd and out of share heat exhaustion!

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

297.jpg

We ended up not riding this railroad ONCE but FOUR TIMES! Hey it was relaxing! It was cool, calm, and relaxing - Oh have I mentioned that I HATE CROWDS! Not only do I hate them, but I get agitated and tired and angry so this was GOOD for me!

More in next post ...

So from our neverending ride on the Railroad, we went to Mickeys ToonTown to see the houses! This place was JAMMED! There were people EVERYWHERE! Everywhere! I wanted to take pictures with the characters, but the wait was hours long so we headed over to Mickey and Minnie's houses! How cute are these! They are charming and adorable and I took oodles of pictures of the great detail and cute rooms!

298.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

307.jpg

308.jpg

309.jpg

310.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

After we went through the houses and took all the pictures, we stopped for lunch at a hotdog stand and headed back to our FAVORITE railroad! We ate our lunch on the railroad and watched the afternoon parade on the railroad. After, we shopped around Main St. for an hour or so. Eventually we were so tired and hungry again that we were ready for our ADR at the Polynesian!

More on next post ..

We said goodbye to MK (not for good - we'd be coming back in 2 days) and we headed to the monorail! This was our time - we had been trying to ride in the front of the monorail for sometime now and finally we were going to be able to!

320.jpg

We took our seats in the front and they were about to shut the door when another woman and her son squished themselves in. Okay - so not as romantic and roomy as I had hoped but still fun! The ride is AMAZING in the front - you can see everything and it is soo soo cool!

322.jpg

328.jpg

We got our copilots license -

329.jpg

When we got to the Polynesian, I was amazed! This hotel is SOOO cool! The atmosphere is great, much like the cool atmosphere at AK. I would love to stay at the Polynesian! It is so cute - I love the tropical ambiance! We were early - OF COURSE - we always are so we put our names in and headed over to the gift shop. We tried on hats and had some fun!

331.jpg

334.jpg

When it was time to be seated, I was very excited. The food all sounded so delicious! We were seated in a booth and quickly got down to ordering.

340.jpg

We started off with their DELICIOUS bread -

335.jpg

I ordered : The Kona Sticky Wings,the Char Crusted Filet Mignon and the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart

337.jpg

341.jpg

342.jpg

The Sticky Wings were great, but way to much for an appretizer! The filet mignon was INSANE. It was the most amazing filet that I have ever put it my mouth. It melted! Yum. The potatoes it came with were delicious - it was just absolutely amazing! The chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart was awesome! It was so yummy - I would love to have it right now. However by the time I started eating it, I was already ready to burst!

Todd ordered: the Pot stickers, Char Crusted Filet Mignon and Kilauea Torte.

338.jpg

341.jpg

343.jpg

The pot stickers were so so. Todd didn't care for them. He loved his Filet Mignon of course - because it was just utterly amazing! And he said his Torte was DELICIOUS! It looked delicious but I was WAAAAYY to stuffed to have a bite!

After dinner, to tired to move and ready to throw up we were so stuffed, we stumbled to the monorail and continued to make the way to complicated and long trek back to Pop Century! This day was soooo long, but pretty fun and Im sure that we were sad it was over - in an EXTREEMELY exhausted kind of way!!

Until next time friends : ) Thanks for reading!!

BLAYNE

Blayne - Thanks for another great update! I agree, Jungle Cruise is not good enough to wait that long :eek: I love riding the railroad too! It's a nice break and you don't really get bothered by the crowds. Hope you're having a great weekend! :goodvibes

great.... We love the train ... have rode it over and over again for the kids many times:thumbsup2
can't wait to read more ...
~Amanda

Yay! Awesome updates, so glad I stuck around! I'm so torn because I wanna try kona but i LOVE Ohana so much.... i'll have to choose eventually but your pics made it hard, the food looks delish! Looking fwd to more!

I am a long time lurker and had to say thanks so much for this trip report. I have enjoyed your writing and all the fantastic photos. Congrats on your graduation and your weight loss! You two really do make the cutest couple!!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the wdw railroad!! my family tends to claim a bench and go around for a few loops!

love the report!! hope you're doing well!

Hey Blayne - I've been reading since the beginning, and I'm so glad you came back and didn't let the rude folks get you down!! :goodvibes Congrats on your weight loss and graduation! I love all your pictures and the way you write. Sorry you got molested by Rafiki!!! :lmao: Anyway, thanks for all the updates and I look forward to reading more!

I'm really enjoying your updates. You've given me a new expression. I told my husband the other day not to go all "Rafiki" on me. He gave me the weirdest look. I tried to explain but it was too complicated. :lmao:

Congratulations on your graduation!

Blayne,
another great report, I really love the MK. I have also been to Kona multiple times, but after seeing your pictures I will definately need to go there for dinner. Yummy looking entrees and desserts.

Did you get to see Wishes or the Spectromagic parade??

Loved your update Blayne!!! Your meals looked delicious in all the restaurants that you posted pics for.:thumbsup2 Sorry to hear the MK got so crowded - it does put a damper on things when the lines are sooo long. Congratulations on graduating high school and your weight loss!!:thumbsup2 Keep it up! Looking forward to reading about your last couple days at WDW.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter