Barbie finds her Prince Charming- our English wedding & Disneymoon June 2011!

Wow you wedding day was amazing, you looked beautiful and radiant. Defo had the new bride glow :goodvibes

So glad that everything went without a hitch and that the weather held up nicely :)

I got your PM, thanks for that. Off to go catch up on your TR now :teeth:

Woohoo! I'm going to join your TR now!

You're wedding was absolutely stunning! So happy for you and how everything turned out!

Congratulations Mrs<3

While everything was totally amazing and beautiful I did wonder. Why weren't ladies wearing those fascinator hats that I keep seeing in the media from England. I saw, I think it was Steve's mom wearing a big hat. No other big hats or fascinators? :confused3 the press has us believing that all British wear these to weddings! :upsidedow

You are only leaving 3kg (which by the way I have no idea how many pounds that is) for souvenirs? :eek:

The wedding photos are gorgeous Emma, you looked beautiful and it sounds like you had a wonderful few days over the wedding :)

Thank you Sarah, it really was a wonderful day - crazy to think it was over a month ago already! Hope all your plans are coming on well :bride:

Oh my goodness, my sweet Emma, what a beautiful bride you were and what a pretty wedding you had!!! Everything looked like it was perfect!!

Thank you so much Joanne! we loved every moment of the day :cloud9:

I totally agree!!! I love everything about it. The sweet table with the little candy striped bags was a fabulous idea! I hope I remember it in 4 years to use for Heidi's Bat Mitzvah. The cake was beautiful, everything was beautiful and so perfect. I'm so happy for you.:cutie:

Thank you Mindy!

The striped candy bags were from ebay.. I think I got 100 bags for £2 ($3) - they come in a lot of colours :goodvibes

Wow you wedding day was amazing, you looked beautiful and radiant. Defo had the new bride glow :goodvibes

So glad that everything went without a hitch and that the weather held up nicely :)

I got your PM, thanks for that. Off to go catch up on your TR now :teeth:

Thanks Stefy! Lol the 'glow' was probably thanks to the lady who did my makeup! She put on just enough so I still looked like me but it lasted for 12+ hours :goodvibes hehe

Woohoo! I'm going to join your TR now!

You're wedding was absolutely stunning! So happy for you and how everything turned out!

Congratulations Mrs<3

Thank you so much Jenifer! I'm still catching up on your PJ, still not sure why I hadn't found it before :goodvibes

While everything was totally amazing and beautiful I did wonder. Why weren't ladies wearing those fascinator hats that I keep seeing in the media from England. I saw, I think it was Steve's mom wearing a big hat. No other big hats or fascinators? :confused3 the press has us believing that all British wear these to weddings! :upsidedow

You are only leaving 3kg (which by the way I have no idea how many pounds that is) for souvenirs? :eek:

Hehe - I think more people would have worn hats and fascinators if we'd have got married in a church - that would've been more traditional and people tend to cover their heads and shoulders I guess? A few of my friends wore fascinators.. I loved seeing what everyone else was wearing, so many beautiful dresses! :goodvibes

23kg suitcase is 50lb... so we had two suitcases of 20kg each and also a WDW sportsbag (the one they sold for $15 if you spent $50 in the shops?) which was only 6kg... we were allowed 2 suitcases each being Premium Economy :thumbsup2 and due to someone doing a little too much shopping, we ended up buying a small weekend suitcase in WDW for the flight home! :rolleyes1

Emma princess: x

Your day was absolutely beautiful!!!! And I just HAVE to ask... Where oh where oh where! did you get your cake topper made???? Its absolutely adorable and I LOVE it!!!

Hi everyone!

Can't believe the wedding was over 7 weeks ago, where does the time go?!

While I'm mostly writing our honeymoon TR now, I thought I'd do a few updates about 'post-wedding planning'.. as I've found there's still things that need doing, which is nice because it's kept the 'post wedding blues' away for a bit longer ;)

Dress

I took my dress back to the shop where I bought it, they are going to dry clean it, and then I will put it away in our loft :sad1: lol - I've bought a large storage box for it and acid-free tissue paper to wrap it in.

Thank you cards

I really enjoyed making & writing these! We used a photo from the photoshoot we had at the Grand Floridian during our honeymoon and had them printed on A6 cards.

IMG_0307.jpg

I added a picture inside most of the cards for family & friends who had bought us gifts from our honeymoon registry or given us US dollars/money as a gift :cutie:

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

I had a huge basket of wedding magazines and brochures of various suppliers and venues. So I decided this weekend to sort through it and throw things out! A colleague of mine is getting married in October so she has said she'll take all my wedding magazines, I've kept a few things to make a scrap book and the rest has gone in recycling. The basket has been in our lounge for so long that it actually looks bare without it! :rolleyes1

Photo Album

We have selected 70 photos form our photographer that we would like in our album - this took quite a while to decided because he had taken over 500 and we could choose between black & white or colour for each one. We also will get a cd with all the images on it so I'm planning to print some off to put in frames around our house.

That's about it for now! I have a lot of things left from the wedding that I have put in a momento box, which I guess will have to go in the loft at some point... I've only just taken our cards down, I will keep all of these and read through them every few years!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend,

Sweet Emma
I am so glad you are still around!! You seem to be keeping busy with all the jobs you have got done. I keep meaning to take the time to check up on your Honeymoon TR. Perhaps I might get to that tonight..........
More gorgeous photos of your big day. You look so beautiful and so happy!!

Aaw can't believe the time has come to put the wedding dress away and get rid of the wedding magazines etc :sad2:

Love the new photos :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd do another quick post-wedding update :goodvibes

I went to pick up my dress today, I'd taken it to the shop where it was made as they offered a dry-cleaning service.

They'd also sewn back on the beads that had come off it (I hadn't even noticed!), put hanger ties back on it (I'd cut them out on the wedding morning because I didn't want to worry that they'd be poking out under my arms!) and laced it all up at the back...

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

It was lovely to see it looking good as new.. but then the sad bit.. putting it away in a box! :guilty:

I'd ordered this from 'the empty box company' - they sell boxes for wedding dresses and christening gowns in a variety of sizes and styles, I'd picked an antique rose print with pink ribbon..

IMG_0380.jpg

It came with full instructions on how to store the dress! I used lots of acid-free tissue paper to pad it out..

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

So now my beautiful dress lives under the bed, in its pretty box :cutie:

I've also bought a large storage box to put in all the wedding stationery and momentos I've been collecting up..

IMG_0387.jpg

(That's my bouquet in the front.. not too bad really for 10 week old flowers :laughing:!)

We've had the first draft of the wedding album from our photographer, we made a couple of changes (just resizing pictures) so hope to have those soon, plus the cd of high-res images so I can share some more photos! :goodvibes

Btw if anyone would like to see all the photos on the photographer's website, send me a PM and I'll give you the link & password :thumbsup2

That's about it, crazy to think the wedding was two months ago already! I have my new driver's licence now with my married name on it, just need to get used to saying 'Mrs...' ;)

luv & pixie dust,

Your dress looks so pretty! That is on my to-do list as well. I've got to take mine to the store where I bought it so they can clean it up. I'm debating about how I want to store mine. Your box is beautiful! :goodvibes

Love your storage box for your dress. I have been scoping out a few myself :)

Must be sad to say goodbye to your dress. Do you think from time to time you might get it back out just to look or try on again :)

Your dress looks so pretty! That is on my to-do list as well. I've got to take mine to the store where I bought it so they can clean it up. I'm debating about how I want to store mine. Your box is beautiful! :goodvibes

Thanks Courtney :goodvibes - it's quite an odd feeling looking at it again, knowing I'll never wear it, but will keep it forever! :cutie:

Do you have your wedding photo albums now?

Love your storage box for your dress. I have been scoping out a few myself :)

Must be sad to say goodbye to your dress. Do you think from time to time you might get it back out just to look or try on again :)

Thanks Stefy - I was fairly shocked by the prices of the wedding dress boxes but felt my dress 'deserved' a pretty place to live from now on! :cutie: .. I did feel quite sad putting it away in a box, but it is only under the bed so easy to take out & look at from time to time :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Hi everyone!

Today I collected our wedding album :goodvibes .. well worth the wait!

Our photographer has given us the cds of all the pictures, I've been uploading them this evening but as each picture is about 7mb (and there's 500+ photos) - my laptop is struggling a bit!! :surfweb: but I'll try to get some photos onto photobucket this weekend to share! :cutie:

Hope everyone is well & has a fun weekend planned,

The nice thing about having to wait for your wedding album is you kinda forget a little about it while waiting, and then get to relive all your memories again. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter