Baseball Costumes out today!

oh my qruthie, and I thought I was the one on cold medicine :P All though I agree, nothing wrong with flat footedness.

I saw this thread, figured they MUST have changed it by now, then logged in to VMK and found it was still the same. Already sent my email to the big black hole. Explained I was disappointed and that I hoped it was just an error. If not, I said please sell them for girls as well.

We've seen Hula and Phinny and company in baseball uniforms, so all of us expected it to be for both. I'm the biggest baseball fan you've ever seen, and I've been over the moon about this month. To turn around and tell me I can't buy it because I'm a girl is really disappointing. I have no problems with boys having their own costumes; they should to make up for the dresses. But when a lot of girls play softball and even more girls and women LOVE baseball, this should not be a gender-specific outfit. MLB teams and even minor league teams sell female jerseys and jackets and tank tops (and even team-themed jewelry) for a reason. I believe it's between 49% and 52% of all people attending baseball games are now female.

Shoot, I've played games in my baseball room with my Predict-o-meter, and I've been saying since I got it all that I couldn't wait to have a jersey and hat and pants because it looks silly to run the bases while looking like Belle. :rolleyes: So I'm not saying boys shouldn't have their own costumes. What's got me steamed is the fact that a sport that is SO fan-oriented is now being labeled as "boys only." :furious: And as others said, if it's about accuracy from VMK's pov, cheerleaders don't go to baseball games (typically).

That being said, hopefully the girls version will be released soon. Although I wonder-- with the green hero suit, it was for boys and the assumption was pink was for girls. But pink was never released and then green was made for both genders. So... I'm worried they may just leave the outfit as is. :sad2:

The important thing to consider here is where the heck are the jai alai costumes? Some of you really people pick the wrong obsessions.

hagen

qruthie said:
I also feel there is no need to make costumes that have big shoes. This is a game geared toward tweens so it would be just fine to have the female characters be flat footed.

Thanks qruthie. Thanks for the drink spray on my screen and keyboard.

I do hope that the reason VMK is closed right now is that they are making the costumes for everyone. I wouldn't even care if the cheerleader outfit is for boys. Personally, I hate baseball. But do I want the contume? Heck yeah! A girl can never have too many clothes... :rolleyes:

JeanJoe said:
Thanks qruthie. Thanks for the drink spray on my screen and keyboard.

No problem. You're welcome. :rotfl:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

qruthie said:
I feel ALL VMK clothing should be available to both boys and girls. I also feel there is no need to make costumes that have big shoes. This is a game geared toward tweens so it would be just fine to have the female characters be flat footed. :rotfl2: For one thing, not being flat footed gets in the way of your baseball swing. But I guess that's why girls can't buy baseball uniforms. If VMK eventually allows boys to wear big shoes, the shoes should be changed to flat footed shoes. Otherwise the boy characters would probably never come out of their rooms to play with the girl characters. :lmao: Personally, qruthie likes to be flat footed as much as possible in VMK.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)
Well, not all girls are "flat footed" before they reach late teens. I developed rather early (4th grade). And rather big too. No trainers for me. :rotfl:

And I do think that boys should have more costumes. As suggessted, They need to add princes costumes.
prince-charming01.gif
aladdin02.gif
Uh..maybe need to add a shirt for this one.
beauty-beast02.gif
eric01.gif
phillip01.gif

Or how about male heroes?
hercules05.gif
john01.gif
woody03.gif
buzz01.gif
phoebus01.gif

Or male villains?
hook03.gif
frollo01.gif

Oh. And can anyone see a trend here?
Many of the male heroes of the past tend to wear shirts that hang down and look like they're wearing skirts. And in fact, some technically are. lol

cteddiesgirl said:
Well, not all girls are "flat footed" before they reach late teens. I developed rather early (4th grade). And rather big too. No trainers for me. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: But it's not that funny. Developing big feet early is kind of awkward or at least it was way back when my feet were first growing.

My feet were always about an inch smaller than my hips. But lately my entire body has been growing due to medication except my feet have grown faster than anything else. Now my feet are about three inches bigger than my hips. It's taking an effort to get used to having a new center of gravity.

Maybe I'll have to take the advice given in, "A Chorus Line". :rotfl2:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent and ruthie's back aches)

I got in, apparently just in time to buy the girl only cheerleader outfit and then bsod...lol

I have some thoughts - I would never bash anyone. I was a tomboy. I played softball for 5 years and my preference was not for cheerleading. However, when I see the cheer compitions on TV - I am literally brought to tears because I can't imagine how proud the parents of those girls and boys must feel. They work SO hard and are so very talented.

The only way I see to make everyone happy here is to offer a baseball uniform for girls - just like they showed when they previewed them on their home page and a cheerleader outfit for boys...make them white and red with shorts. :thumbsup2

I have two little girls - one is ALL cheerleader, she loves the skiirts and pom poms and the other is a tomboy just like I was and would love a baseball outfit. :)

But being flat-footed is a good thing! Listen to all these famous figures in Disney history who had/has flat feet...

*Donald Duck (The most famous of all ducks! Waddles around proudly!)
*Abigail & Amelia (Without them, the Aristocats would have missed out on an exciting part of their journey!)
*Daisy Duck (couldn't forget the token female now can we? :rotfl: )
*Huey, Dewey and Louie (and see, they still had fun despite their flat feet!)

And to think...most of these characters are guys!!! :rolleyes:

cteddiesgirl - a prince charming outfit for the guys would be SO cool!

Ragtime Gal said:
Well geez...could they at least let the girls buy a baseball cap???

That's mainly what I wanted too. Frankly the I liked the oops jerseys that the Hong Kong t-shirts created better than the real jerseys. A cap would have made this a bit better at least I would think lol

cteddiesgirl said:
And I do think that boys should have more costumes. As suggessted, They need to add princes costumes.

I think they need to add the Hercules one. And the Prince Derek one. Please oh please :)

peasy said:
The only way I see to make everyone happy here is to offer a baseball uniform for girls - just like they showed when they previewed them on their home page and a cheerleader outfit for boys...make them white and red with shorts. :thumbsup2

No way... keep the skirts for the boys. Guess everyone is forgetting about the "Powder Puff" Games!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

powder puff was SO fun :) :thumbsup2 I loved when the guys put oranges in their top...

Carrieberry said:
Whats up with that?? Went into emporium to buy my uniform and girls only can get cheerleader outfits? What if I want to go into a room and play baseball? I can only stand on the side and cheer? This is sending the wrong message to little girls in VMK! I am no feminist, but come on! Could this be more chauvinistic?? :confused3
I'm with you! Woot!

AlienNation said:
No way... keep the skirts for the boys. Guess everyone is forgetting about the "Powder Puff" Games!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Of course if they did that, u would need the Pigtail option in hair and some makeup on the face and nails. :thumbsup2 And of course if u were a member of the AM's, I am sure u would be kicked from the ranks to never return again. Of course, I don't have to worry about u joining that group since u aren't a pop. :banana: :banana: :banana: Woohoo... NO AM IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter