*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Looks like 2024 will be when BLT finally gets renovated!

2022_Condo_Meeting1.jpeg

Not happy .
Last two stays the carpets were shabby .
Starting to worry about next visit at end of this month .
First thing …check dishwasher!

Thanks. Tom Bricker recommended against BLT until their refurb is complete. But the convenience to MK with 3 kids under 5 is too great! Might opt for BCV with luck if we can time the refurb right.
Our room had no issues at all. Meanwhile, I've had issues the last two times at BWV and once at BCV. 🤷‍♂️
These things are subjective and the Internet tends to blow things out of proportion.

There are also lots of resorts that are nice and updated already!

I think they are timed about as they should be. Maybe BLT should have swapped before BCV.

Resorts we wont stay in until a refresh BRV(underway, cant wait to stay in anew unit), HHI and BLT. BWV and BCV seem in better shape to me. Vero is super dated as well but gets a pass for being beachfront.

I was hoping they would miraculously done in 2023 and be new. Instead it will be as run down as it will ever be

I’ve stayed at BLT a couple times in the last year and did not find it “run down” at all. In fact, other than from reading this board, I haven’t perceived any maintenance issues at all based on my own observation. As others have said, I think sometimes things get blown out of proportion on the internet.

I have stayed in one bedroom units, and others have suggested that studios get heavier wear and tear because of the number of people staying in them, so perhaps that is one factor.

So I just got back from a 7 night trip in a GV on the north side. Room 8506. It was awesome! We had a gorgeous view of the lake and could easily see the fireworks as well. There were a few maintenance issues, but overall, it was in pretty good condition. To answer my own previous question on access to the observation deck, we had free and open access to the deck to watch fireworks at all times, and could also go into the TOTWL when it was open. However, when I went into the TOTWL and found a seat, someone approached me and asked me to check-in to be seated (just like at a table service restaurant). I didn't know that you have to check-in for lounge service now. You're supposed to do that downstairs, but she took my check-in then and there, since I was already there, and then called me back in about 15 minutes.

I tested the southern door to the observation deck and it was locked -- and my MB would not open it. If you get a south GV (or are otherwise on floor 16 on the south side), it appears you will not have free/open access! 😢 However, based on my testing, you should be able to just walk over to the north elevators from floor 15, then use your MB to go up to 16, and then use the north doors to get to the deck. If you have a room on 16, your MB will give you access to 16 regardless of if you're using the north or south elevator bank.

Here are a few pictures:

Christmas Eve. We brought a christmas tree (checked luggage) and my wife decorated the place with lit garland and other decorations. It was absolutely lovely.

Christmas Morning with the view from the GV:

"Direct" view out of the room is a very pretty view of Bay Lake:

Even being the 2nd to last GV on the north side, we could still see MK and the fireworks easily out of our west balconies. This picture will give you a sense of the angle:

We are on our way to BLT… room is ready, did get high floor TPV! Happy New Year!

Began the drive on Tuesday afternoon from NJ.
Enjoy Bobbi!!! I was supposed to be checking in today to a standard view but have delayed....perhaps will be cancelling and just start planning for next year. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter