BCV to Boardwalk

Mcmouse

Mouseketeer
OK we are renting at BCV and want to know how long of a walk is it to the Boardwalk area restaurants etc? :bounce:

Mike

Just about a five minute stroll to the other side of the lagoon. Have a great time, BCV is where I own and I love it there!

cruise-o-matic said:
Once you're out the door of the YC/BC, maybe 5 minutes......
Absolutely true. But remember that it takes another 10 minutes to get the spouse and kids out the door!
:goodvibes

It's more than 5 minutes. The complete loop around the lake is right at 0.8 miles, and at a normal walking pace of 2.5 mph one loop would take 19.2 minutes to walk all the way around, so half a loop would be about 9.6 minutes.

It depends a lot on where you're leaving from and what part of the boardwalk you want to get to. From a room near the back side of BCV to Jellyrolls would be the longest. A room right next to the BCV elevators to ESPN club would be the shortest.

Figure anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.

But it seems like 5 minutes because once you're lakeside, you can see it - and it looks like a short distance, LOL!

Best wishes -

One of the great things about staying at the BCV is that it is walking distance from the Boardwalk area! :sunny:

From BCV to the first set of restaurants--ESPN, Spoodles, Bakery, is much less than 1/2 way around the lake, so it probably would be 5 minutes. Just eyeing it, it seems that directly across from the BCV would be the other end of the Boardwalk, down by the entrance to the dance place.

RealMickey said:
One of the great things about staying at the BCV is that it is walking distance from the Boardwalk area! :sunny:

I especially liked walking over to the boardwalk bakery in the early am to get my DW and kids' chocolate croissants, cinnamon yummies, etc. Early am is very peaceful. I love sitting on the boardwalk, drinking coffee, and watching the area wake up before heading back to BCV.

It's also great to go to the boardwalk after Epcot closes and not worry about how long transportation will be available.

I am remembering something incorrect, or can you also walk to MGM from the Boardwalk?

TinkHappy said:
I am remembering something incorrect, or can you also walk to MGM from the Boardwalk?
Yes you can. It is not especially close, but there is a nice lighted walkway.

TinkHappy said:
Your memory is fine; it is a 15-20 minute walk from MGM to the Boardwalk area.

Caskbill said:
It's more than 5 minutes. The complete loop around the lake is right at 0.8 miles, and at a normal walking pace of 2.5 mph one loop would take 19.2 minutes to walk all the way around, so half a loop would be about 9.6 minutes.

It depends a lot on where you're leaving from and what part of the boardwalk you want to get to. From a room near the back side of BCV to Jellyrolls would be the longest. A room right next to the BCV elevators to ESPN club would be the shortest.

Figure anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.

What GPS unit did you use. In the market.

manning said:
What GPS unit did you use. In the market.
I did my original measurements back in 2001. I used a Garmin GPS III which I don't think is available anymore. (It was replaced by the Garmin GPS IV and there might possibly even be a newer version out now). My old one still works fine and I feel no need to upgrade it.

Here's a link to the original post. Note that when posted, the boards still had HTML active. But HTML is now turned off so all the HTML code shows as just plain text. Just ignore the HTML code when reading the post. The photo link is no longer active.

Original Pathways Revealed Post: Epcot Resorts Area....http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130187

Dont forget theres always the boat..when we stay at BWV we always walk to eopcot and mgm,its part of the charm for us

Hi Mike,
Now that my points are rented, I have time to see what the buzz is about! Fancy meeting you here :)

There is a path out of the BCV on the backside/wooded side. The first time we stayed there we weren't on that side of the building so it took a couple days to realize it was there. I think it goes by the quiet pool. There is a small walkway between the BCV building next to the BCR building that leads out. I think there are some fire escape eixts that will put you onto it.

It ends in a short little gate that puts you at the diverging point of the path to head toward Epcot or to Boardwalk. It's quicker than heading through the lobby. :rolleyes: Cryss

PS. Don't walk to MGM! I haven't, take the ferry & see if you want to walk that distance!~ :boat:

Just be careful! This past July my hubby went out one of the "back doors" at BCV, also looking for more shortcuts, and got locked out! The goofball did not notice that he had gone out and "out only" door and had quite a hike to get back in the building! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter