Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

I was trying to get Feb 4th snd feel like there never was any availability. I wonder if there is a chance that they discontinued FP for BoG during the week. I was able to find one for the 2nd and 7th, but the 4th never got a single availability even at 27 days out.

I ended up booking it for the 7th, which isnt the end of the woeld, but I have dinner scheduled there also on the 7th.

When I get the email invite will it include everyone in my party? Ive got eleven people with three different reservation numbers? If not, how to get fast passes for everyone? I only have one MDE account and I don't want to create two additional accounts just to get these fast passes. I can just imagine the endless nightmares that might cause!

When I get the email invite will it include everyone in my party? Ive got eleven people with three different reservation numbers? If not, how to get fast passes for everyone? I only have one MDE account and I don't want to create two additional accounts just to get these fast passes. I can just imagine the endless nightmares that might cause!

We have 12 people, 3 reservations, and the invites were per reservation (actually one didn't get an invite, I had to do it on my own). Had to make/use other MDE accounts for each one. We also weren't able to get a third reservation anyway (well, HAD one, so FYI- don't go in and look for other times if you already have a reservation, because thats how mine disappeared).

After reading this thread for a bit I think I am more confused than informed ;)
We have 12 people, 3 reservations, and the invites were per reservation (actually one didn't get an invite, I had to do it on my own). Had to make/use other MDE accounts for each one. We also weren't able to get a third reservation anyway (well, HAD one, so FYI- don't go in and look for other times if you already have a reservation, because thats how mine disappeared).
So all your reservations in one MDE account and you had to make 2 separate ones just for the FP? Did you have to add anything to the MDE accounts (like the reservation #s)? Or was all the reservation info kept in the main MDE and the others were just the basic info?

We have 2 rooms but both in my MDE :surfweb:

After reading this thread for a bit I think I am more confused than informed ;) So all your reservations in one MDE account and you had to make 2 separate ones just for the FP? Did you have to add anything to the MDE accounts (like the reservation #s)? Or was all the reservation info kept in the main MDE and the others were just the basic info?

We have 2 rooms but both in my MDE :surfweb:

I already had access to another MDE account, but the third I had to create just for the BoG FP. I only needed the accounts to that particular login, though. Nothing further. Then you just c&p the reservation number you want to use into the BoG setup. That's all.

Well I was able to make bog fp+ for one entire resort reservation party, but not the second.

Both parties are arriving the same day, same resort, and trying to get this fastpass for the same date/time.

The second party is not working - the BOG fp system is only including/showing the one party member who has an AP, and the date options are for the current week, NOT the week of our resort reservation.

This is a pain! Does anyone know who to call to try and sort it out?

edit to add: I called Disney Tech Support and they are totally unable to help, as others have noted. The agent was very nice and apologetic but offered no options.

The second party is not working - the BOG fp system is only including/showing the one party member who has an AP, and the date options are for the current week, NOT the week of our resort reservation.

Try creating a brand new login (using a new email address) and link their hotel reservation to it, and see if the right dates and people show up that way.

Andre

I was trying to get Feb 4th snd feel like there never was any availability. I wonder if there is a chance that they discontinued FP for BoG during the week. I was able to find one for the 2nd and 7th, but the 4th never got a single availability even at 27 days out.

I ended up booking it for the 7th, which isnt the end of the woeld, but I have dinner scheduled there also on the 7th.

I don't think it's discontinued during the week - my reservation is for the 3rd.

I also think we're going during a slower time, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. But who knows- I haven't been there since 2012! Maybe there will be a line out the door and over the bridge. At least you'll have something... it might not be the exact day or time you wanted, but it's better to be (at least a little bit) safe than sorry!

You can always cancel it later if you don't end up needing it and are able to walk in during your preferred time.

Try creating a brand new login (using a new email address) and link their hotel reservation to it, and see if the right dates and people show up that way.

Andre

Thanks for your reply and help! However, it didn't work (I'd actually already tried that).

At this point I think the BOG FP system isn't "loading" (or whatever) the upcoming resort reservation, even though it is the only resort reservation # linked to the new email account I used to access the BOG FP site.

I think the BOG FP system is "stuck" on an old/prior resort reservation, and I have no idea how the BOG FP system even knows there WAS an old/prior resort reservation unless it's mining extraneous personal data associated with the person holding the current resort reservation?

Anyway, it is giving me a 7 day window from today, for only the AP holder on the resort reservation, who is also the name under which the resort reservation was made. None of the other guests under the new, current reservation even show up. I think it's only showing the 7 day window because of the AP, but again, if it knows there's an AP it should know there's a new resort reservation. Argh.

Sorry about the long post! Just sharing the experience in case it helps anyone else... I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it but keep trying! Thanks for your help.

i was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to get my 12 digit reservation number.
i've heard how CM's wouldn't tell some people but all i did was ask and she said hold on cuz it could take a couple minutes and then came back with it.

last time i did not receive an email invite and didn't know about the 12 digit number so i couldn't book a FP+ for BOG.

now that i have the number i don't have to worry about getting an email invite.
now i will just try to book a FP+ at 27 days out and see what i can get.

I don't think it's discontinued during the week - my reservation is for the 3rd.

I also think we're going during a slower time, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. But who knows- I haven't been there since 2012! Maybe there will be a line out the door and over the bridge. At least you'll have something... it might not be the exact day or time you wanted, but it's better to be (at least a little bit) safe than sorry!

You can always cancel it later if you don't end up needing it and are able to walk in during your preferred time.

Our FP+ Reservation is for the 3rd too! And funnily enough we also haven't been to WDW since 2012.

Thanks for your reply and help! However, it didn't work (I'd actually already tried that). At this point I think the BOG FP system isn't "loading" (or whatever) the upcoming resort reservation, even though it is the only resort reservation # linked to the new email account I used to access the BOG FP site. I think the BOG FP system is "stuck" on an old/prior resort reservation, and I have no idea how the BOG FP system even knows there WAS an old/prior resort reservation unless it's mining extraneous personal data associated with the person holding the current resort reservation? Anyway, it is giving me a 7 day window from today, for only the AP holder on the resort reservation, who is also the name under which the resort reservation was made. None of the other guests under the new, current reservation even show up. I think it's only showing the 7 day window because of the AP, but again, if it knows there's an AP it should know there's a new resort reservation. Argh. Sorry about the long post! Just sharing the experience in case it helps anyone else... I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it but keep trying! Thanks for your help.
THIS is what is happening to me too! I'm not being given a place to type in my reservation number, it just goes straight to the FP page, and gives me a 7 day window from today. It's very frustrating.

The same thing happened to me. We were at WDW Jan 2014 and were able to to use the BOG FP system. Our old res is still there and will not let me choose a new one. However I worked around this by creating an account with my DH info. We are linked in MDE and I was able to obtain a BOG res for my group. Good luck!

I think the BOG FP system is "stuck" on an old/prior resort reservation, and I have no idea how the BOG FP system even knows there WAS an old/prior resort reservation unless it's mining extraneous personal data associated with the person holding the current resort reservation?

Hmm, could it be saving something in a browser cookie? Try a new email and/or a different PC or a new browser.

Sadly there is no official support (or even bug-reporting) for this system at all though, we're all just trying to work out its many foibles for ourselves. :(

Andre

I was able to get my FP for lunch this morning at 8:30....exactly 27 days from the date we wanted to go there. I tried at midnight last night, but it still showed no passes available. This morning I was able to book it, then immediately modify the time of the pass about 30 minutes earlier after I had made all my meal selections and confirmed the original time.

I had done a test run the previous day, which was 27 days from our arrival date (Sunday, Feb 8th, but we wanted BOG on Monday the 9th). The same thing had happened....nothing available at midnight, but in the morning, it would let me book for the 8th, but not yet for the 9th.

My guess is that they just don't open the program for the next day at midnight like the regular dining reservations.

I'm just so happy to be able to take my DD7 there, since I have been watching for a dinner reservation to open, and haven't seen one yet.
:cheer2:

My guess is that they just don't open the program for the next day at midnight like the regular dining reservations.

Correct, it seems to be about 2:30am that the date rolls over for BoG Lunch bookings (as opposed to 6am, I seem to recall, for regular ADRs).

Andre

My husband and I ate at BOG last September on the fast pass for lunch! In fact we ate there two times! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have trouble with it for this summer. Its hard to get anyone to help you because it is a fast pass and doesn't have anything to do with calling the Disney dining reservations. If Disney puts it under reservations in the future , you can bet the prices will go up! :thumbsup2 LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter