Be our guest they "mislead" us and I'm wondering if I should ask nicely

Counter/quick service meals don't include dessert on any plan.

Good info.

Ok thx everyond. Can anyone recommend another great cupcake in disney? (we have MK, AK, Epcot left on the trip)

Publix?

No cupcake I've ever had at Disney has tasted like anything but SWEET. There is no other flavor. They are giant, I'll give you that.

I stopped with Disney cupcakes when I read enough ingredient lists to see that they use gelatin. I'm vegetarian so that's NOT OK.

Haagen Dasz ice cream is much more my speed at Disney; head over to Disney Springs!

The cupcake ATM is fun to use outside Sprinkles in Disney Springs. The strawberry cupcake and the banana cupcake are delicious. The ATM sings to you!

Ok thx everyond. Can anyone recommend another great cupcake in disney? (we have MK, AK, Epcot left on the trip)
I feel your cupcake dilemma. I'm always on the lookout for a yummy cupcake and they can hit or miss at Disney. The BOG cupcakes are good but I don't think worth trying to go back unless you can easily get a reservation.

Boardwalk Bakery at BWI has great cupcakes if you are over that way. The ones at AK look great, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. If you are just looking for a great treat and possibly a cupcake substitute, Les Halles Boulangerie in France at Epcot has great desserts. Super great!

I agree 100%; BOG cupcakes are small, dry and closer to grocery store quality. I haven't been to Sprinkles yet but we really LOVE Amorettes... their desserts are amazing!

I agree. The cupcakes anywhere else are better than the ones served at BOG.

OP I would let BOG go. The experience seemed to be a combination of a busy service and you not understanding the plans. If you do not want a meal, I would use those snacks credits on a better tasting treat

Unfortunately, you learned the hard way that BOG at lunch is chaos and, if you haven't done mobile ordering, it's an extra two layers of chaos on top of the chaos. As other PP's have suggested, I would let the BOG cupcakes go. It is absolutely not worth your time to go through that nonsense again to get small, dry cupcakes. Literally, go anywhere else in WDW where they sell cupcakes and pick some that look good to you. They will be bigger and will taste better.

The cupcake ATM is fun to use outside Sprinkles in Disney Springs. The strawberry cupcake and the banana cupcake are delicious. The ATM sings to you!
I was going to recommend this too. My daughter gets a kick out of it and looks forward to using it on every trip.

OP - if you don't ask, the answer is always no! There's no harm in kindly pleading your case to the CM outside BOG. The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you're in the same position you're in now! But, I do agree with PPs that the cupcakes there are nothing to write home about.

While we are on the subject of cupcakes, does anyone have an opinion on the “gourmet” cupcakes at Contempo Cafe?

Contempo Café always has the best cupcakes in my opinion. We usually stay at Baylake and hit up the contemporary a few times during each trip. They are huge though so prepare to share with someone!

I've seen people comment all the time about the BOG cupcakes and I really don't understand the fascination. They're good, but I wouldn't go out of my way just to eat one. And I agree that there are better places to get a cupcake, if that's your craving. Even Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has better cupcakes than BOG. EVERYWHERE has better cupcakes than BOG. Again, I don't understand the obsession with BOG cupcakes or the grey stuff. SO many better dessert options at Disney.

I've seen people comment all the time about the BOG cupcakes and I really don't understand the fascination. They're good, but I wouldn't go out of my way just to eat one. And I agree that there are better places to get a cupcake, if that's your craving. Even Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has better cupcakes than BOG. EVERYWHERE has better cupcakes than BOG. Again, I don't understand the obsession with BOG cupcakes or the grey stuff. SO many better dessert options at Disney.

The Grey Stuff is a novelty; to get it at BOG is a highlight for people. We took a Disney newbie last year and he HAD to have the cupcake with the Grey Stuff. We did too, when it first opened, so I get it. But taste-wise, no one is missing anything.

The Grey Stuff is a novelty; to get it at BOG is a highlight for people. We took a Disney newbie last year and he HAD to have the cupcake with the Grey Stuff. We did too, when it first opened, so I get it. But taste-wise, no one is missing anything.

I think that it has been so talked up that people believe it's a novelty. And that the cupcakes are the best in the whole World and worth making an ADR just for the cupcakes. I like Be our Guest for lunch, but I've had better cupcakes from Kroger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter