Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's 1st Trip ~ Updated 12/6: Aulani TR Started!!!

I really enjoyed your trip report! I am currently 38 weeks pregnant, awaiting our 1st baby girl and I am already planning our 1st Disney trip as a family of three for next Halloween. Baby would be celebrating her 1st birthday. DH thinks it's way too early to go to Disney but I am all about "it's never too early to do Disney!" I know it is going to be a different kind of trip for us - we have been so many times that I don't need to go on all the rides, heck if we only make it to 2 parks in a week, that would be perfectly fine with me. I'm all about getting family photos, spending time at the resort and pool, and just enjoying some Disney family time! I loved learning about the baby's 1st haircut at the MK, I would definitely do that, and also plan on doing a photoshoot. Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

Aw, I LOVED your wrap-up! I'm sad this report is over, but look forward to your others. You convinced me that I want to go back to WDW in December at some point.

Off to get caught up on your Aulani PTR - it's getting close!

Loved Loved LOVED this TR! Please let us know when you post another! :) Can't wait to read about the next trip!!!

Oh, what a great wrap-up! I loved it!
I've really enjoyed reading your entire trip report and following along on Izzy's first Disney trip, but this was probably my favorite post. It was so fun to see all the great character interactions, napping adventures, and smiles Izzy experienced.
Thanks for letting me steal the concept! :goodvibes Glad I did okay with it. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for writing this report and sharing your Disney memories. :goodvibes I can't wait to read about your summer trips and see how much Izzy's changed between each one.
And I am especially looking forward to hearing about your Aulani trip! I can't remember if I've commented on that PTR yet or not. If I haven't, I have been reading and following along!:thumbsup2
I am so excited to write about the other trips. Though I have no idea how I'm going to handle having three trips to write about. :confused3

Thank you!

We've taken both kids at 14 months and it was great both times!
It really seems to be a great age for a WDW trip! :goodvibes

Ouch, that's a rough way to cap off the trip with a hectic ME experience. BUT, on the bright side, it seems from your wrap up posts that you all 3 had an amazing time on Izzy's first trip! I swear, every time we have taken Paxton, it has felt like the perfect age by the time we left. :goodvibes When they are so growing so fast and learning so many new things at such a rapid pace, every trip is something different for them & for us as parents! Look forward to reading about the rest of Izzy's Disney adventures!!
I totally agree - each age seems perfect. I loved her 14-month-old trip, but I also loved her other trips. Each was different, but amazing. Can't wait for more!

Wow! Just finished catching up and I'm so sad your report is over! :( lucky that you have other trips to start now though!!!
Thanks! I have a lot of TR irons in the fire, though, so I'll be writing for a good, long while, I think!

Loved your last day! You managed to squeeze every second out of it!
Sure did! Not the way we had originally planned things, but I guess it worked out.

Fyi- I was just as the Poly an the photo of the tiki man with the drums, good news, he is still there! He was right outside the gift shop! So I assume he's staying?!?!!?!! Man I really wish I could have seen the Poly in all its glory in person, it was sad even for a person who hadn't got to see it originally, to see it all walled up! But the outside is gorgeous!! I loved walking around. And it did look like they were taking the volcano down, there were men disassembling it while we dined at Ohana!
Thanks for the update! I really hope it turns out great. It was so beautiful and I'm glad the grounds still are. And, yes, they are taking down the volcano.

I think this trip was just wonderful, I know exactly what you mean about the bad moments and the good ones, but it still just being perfect for you. I absolutely can't wait to read more and especially hear all about alunai! Will you be linking your next TR here? I don't want to miss it!
Thanks, I have a feeling your trip was the same way with ups and downs, but overall perfect. And, yes, I plan to link the new report here and in my signature. I"m not 100% sure when I'll start it, but I'll update when I know.

Awesome wrap uP!! It really was a magical trip. So neat to see how much she has changed between that one and her June & August trips! side note, I loooked up airfare just for kicks and it's about 600 to honolulu...soooo have a blast and can't wait to see your photos! :rotfl:
I know, she's such a tiny little thing here and now she's a little kid and talking up a storm. Amazing how much difference a little bit of time makes in a toddler (as you know). Funny, $600 is actually a pretty good price, short of a price glitch! :rotfl2: (side note, not sure if it's true, but a co-worker told me she heard Delta had another price glitch a month or two ago? :confused3)

Thank you for the great wrap-up and re-posting the wonderful pictures!
You're welcome and thank you! :goodvibes

You had such a wonderful and magical trip! You squeezed in so much fun and experienced so many holiday experiences - even while traveling with a toddler. It's always good to start those Disney World fans young! :goodvibes
That's right, start them young! It was a really magical trip that we'll always remember. And WDW at the holidays is always a treat.

I'm glad you and Dug had such a fun time with Izzy. I'm also glad you had a chance to stay at the Poly again before it was a construction disaster.
Me too! We got in at just the right time.

I can't wait for your next trip reports - especially Aulani! Have a phenomenal time!!! :banana:
Thank you!

What a perfect wrap up! Loved seeing all the pictures..I got a good chuckle out of a few of them including Izzy's nap with a snack still in her mouth:rotfl:
I still love that picture! :lmao:

Just when you couldn't think the next trip could be more fun, it get's so much more fun! That's what I think i'm most excited about this next trip. Now that he's walking and is of a particular height, he can do some fun rides.
I'm sure you will have a great time! I'm so excited for Izzy to be able to do more things too! :cool1:

Thank so much for doing this TR! Gave me some tips to use on our next trip (stroller napping at night, PJ change at the park) so thanks for that and TOTALLY looking forward to your Aulani trip! :hyper:
Hope those things help you out! Love TRs for all the ideas! Aulani's going to be such a different kind of Disney experience!

I really enjoyed your trip report! I am currently 38 weeks pregnant, awaiting our 1st baby girl and I am already planning our 1st Disney trip as a family of three for next Halloween. Baby would be celebrating her 1st birthday. DH thinks it's way too early to go to Disney but I am all about "it's never too early to do Disney!" I know it is going to be a different kind of trip for us - we have been so many times that I don't need to go on all the rides, heck if we only make it to 2 parks in a week, that would be perfectly fine with me. I'm all about getting family photos, spending time at the resort and pool, and just enjoying some Disney family time! I loved learning about the baby's 1st haircut at the MK, I would definitely do that, and also plan on doing a photoshoot. Thanks for sharing your memories with us!
Wow, congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby girl! :goodvibes A whole new world of Disney trips is waiting for you. Next Halloween would be great, I bet! Sounds like you have the right mindset about it. Since it sounds like your baby will be about exactly 1-year-old, you might want to check out khertz's TR from a few years ago about her son's first trip at that age - it really got me excited about taking her young! You can book the first haircut in advance through Disney dining, I believe. And photoshoot is through Disney Event Photography. Best of luck with the new baby and trip planning!

Aw, I LOVED your wrap-up! I'm sad this report is over, but look forward to your others. You convinced me that I want to go back to WDW in December at some point.
Yes, you need to go in early December sometime! Such a great time! Extra magical!

Off to get caught up on your Aulani PTR - it's getting close!
Only two weeks to go!

Loved Loved LOVED this TR! Please let us know when you post another! :) Can't wait to read about the next trip!!!
Thank you so much! I will update when I start another. Or check my signature, as I always add them there. Yay for more trips! :cool1:

So fun to watch Izzie grow from the trip to now with the side trip reports-New York, Pacific Coast trip etc. Will have to run over to Aulani PTR now just to mark my spot and get the updates. I have a Pretrippie started "Life is Nifty, Lee turns Fifty" for my Jan 2015 split trip to Universal/WDW. Come on by.

You can tell me how to do this--I need to know how to do the installments in the second Post and How to put a link in my signature. Can you help? I am computer literate and dumb at the same time. I didn't have a cell phone or even have computers in high school. It was probably 1991 when I got my first one and 1998 when I got my first cell phone. And I could buy beer in college (at 18) How life has changed?

I loved your wrap-up ... especially the series of pictures of Izzy's new experiences :goodvibes

Obviously I am a proponent of there not being a wrong age to take a kid to Disney - though do understand that people have to do what works best for them

It's just really fun to see Disney through their eyes ... and then to get to see that change and evolve as they grow is really special :thumbsup2

So fun to watch Izzie grow from the trip to now with the side trip reports-New York, Pacific Coast trip etc. Will have to run over to Aulani PTR now just to mark my spot and get the updates. I have a Pretrippie started "Life is Nifty, Lee turns Fifty" for my Jan 2015 split trip to Universal/WDW. Come on by.
Thanks, I can't believe how much she's grown up. I love looking back on all the trips (and more to still be written!) I will track down your PTR!

You can tell me how to do this--I need to know how to do the installments in the second Post and How to put a link in my signature. Can you help? I am computer literate and dumb at the same time. I didn't have a cell phone or even have computers in high school. It was probably 1991 when I got my first one and 1998 when I got my first cell phone. And I could buy beer in college (at 18) How life has changed?
Ha, well, if it makes you feel any better, computers weren't really a big thing until I got to college (we had a Commodore 64 when I was a kid/teen, though). And I was a super-late cell phone adopter...I think I got my first one maybe 2000 or so? :confused3 And only because I felt like I was being forced to by then.

At any rate, I will explain as best I can how to do stuff. But also note that I had no idea how for a long time and just would hit quote on a post of someone that did know how, then copy their lines into mine (from the preview screen, since it will show their code) and change the words and post number. :thumbsup2 It wasn't until I saw someone else ask this somewhere recently that I learned you can click on the upper righthand number on a post and it brings you to a separate window with address of the specific post in your address bar. Makes it easier, so I use that now too. However, I still am big on copying and pasting and updating things. Once you get one working, just copy for the other chapters and modify the thread/post numbers and text you want shown. Same thing in the signatures. I know that's not super-specific, but all these TRs later, I still don't really know what I'm doing, but I can copy and paste. ::yes:: If anyone else can actually describe this better, feel free...:rotfl2:

I loved your wrap-up ... especially the series of pictures of Izzy's new experiences :goodvibes
Thanks! It's funny how many firsts you experience spending a week straight with your kid! It was such a great time.

Obviously I am a proponent of there not being a wrong age to take a kid to Disney - though do understand that people have to do what works best for them
I agree with you. I know some people (like you, perhaps :rolleyes1) like to take young babies to WDW - and that's great - but it just doesn't work for me. I barely managed to leave the house at all for those early days of nursing constantly and not sleeping. And then others are uncomfortable bringing toddlers, but I love it so far. To each their own! :goodvibes

It's just really fun to see Disney through their eyes ... and then to get to see that change and evolve as they grow is really special :thumbsup2
I totally agree. The first three trips have all been very unique and I'm excited to see how she experiences everything on future trips! :)

Since I clearly need at least one more off-topic update on this TR to keep the ratio correct :rotfl2:, here are some of our 2-year photos we had taken recently (by the Stone Arch Bridge in Mill Ruins Park):

Me and Dug:

Izzy:

Family:

Dug & Izzy:

Me & Izzy:

Also, here’s a little sneak peek of Izzy’s Halloween costume:

Dug made her an Ewok costume! (Teddy bear costume with shirt he cut to be the hood). We took her to a local grocery store’s Boo Bash last night. She liked the things they gave her at the treat stations, but also wanted to pick out some fancy cheese and thought the popcorn display deserved a standing ovation:

That’s it for now, time to get some sleep!

Oh my goodness, your family photos are precious!! And the ones of Izzy by herself too. She has grown so much even in the 2 months it's been since we last saw you guys!

Love, love, love the photo session! The photos turned out gorgeous! So many beautiful ones!!!

LOVE Izzy's costume!! What an adorable little ewok!!!!!

Oh my, her costume is so cute!! I love that! :thumbsup2

Family pics are great, too! Love the one where the two of you are swinging her. They grow too fast.

Nice wrap up. It was fun to catch up all at once in a way, too. She was such a perfect age for a first trip, IMO. I remember the days of stressing that Blaker was too little or wouldn't be walking in time before our first AP year. All so silly. They're never too young and the magic really grows with them, too! Excited to see future visits!

Absolutely loved the pic of "my girl" in a previous update! I haven't see her in ages! No one ever wants to ride IASW. :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, your family photos are precious!! And the ones of Izzy by herself too. She has grown so much even in the 2 months it's been since we last saw you guys!
Thank you! I'm glad we had some turn out okay, as I wasn't feeling very good and Izzy was in a restless mood. And I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. She is talking so much now (and making sense, usually) that it just blows my mind!

Your family photos came out so well! And I love Izzy's costume - so cute.
Thanks! The costume turned out pretty nice and she got a lot of comments about being a super-cute Ewok!

Love, love, love the photo session! The photos turned out gorgeous! So many beautiful ones!!!

LOVE Izzy's costume!! What an adorable little ewok!!!!!
Thank you - we were really happy that our photographer/friend managed to get some good ones. And thank you on the costume - Dug took advantage of probably the last year where Izzy didn't have an opinion on what she wanted to be and he could dress her as a Star Wars character.

Oh my, her costume is so cute!! I love that! :thumbsup2

Family pics are great, too! Love the one where the two of you are swinging her. They grow too fast.
Thanks on both! She LOVED being swung along like that! We were doing that for quite some time, since she didn't want to stop. They really do grow fast. :sad1:

Nice wrap up. It was fun to catch up all at once in a way, too. She was such a perfect age for a first trip, IMO. I remember the days of stressing that Blaker was too little or wouldn't be walking in time before our first AP year. All so silly. They're never too young and the magic really grows with them, too! Excited to see future visits!
I agree, it ended up being a great age to introduce her to WDW. And it's only gotten more fun since then! There is something to delight any age.

Absolutely loved the pic of "my girl" in a previous update! I haven't see her in ages! No one ever wants to ride IASW. :rotfl:
Aw, that makes me sad that no one wants to ride IASW! :sad2: Glad I could help you check in on your girl at least!

Love the family photos and the Ewok costume. The photographer makes such a difference. I had Morgan's picture's done this summer near my house amazing what pictures can look like with the every day things around. Your photographer did a great job.

Love the family photos and the Ewok costume. The photographer makes such a difference. I had Morgan's picture's done this summer near my house amazing what pictures can look like with the every day things around. Your photographer did a great job.
Thank you! We really lucked out on our photographer situation. We originally had a different one for Izzy's newborn and 6-month shoot, but she decided to get out of the business (it was her side job). We didn't know what we were going to do, but then found out that one of our mom friends from the "new parent group" was a photographer too, so we gave her a shot for Izzy's one-year photos. She was GREAT and we are so happy that she's been able to do the 18-month and 2-year photos as well.

Great pictures! Izzy is simply adorable, and she looks so cute in that purple top. It's fun to see her grow and change in each photo session you take. :goodvibes

LOVE the Halloween costume. Very creative and fun. That picture of her on the couch with the lightsaber had me cracking up.

Great pictures! Izzy is simply adorable, and she looks so cute in that purple top. It's fun to see her grow and change in each photo session you take. :goodvibes

LOVE the Halloween costume. Very creative and fun. That picture of her on the couch with the lightsaber had me cracking up.
Thanks! And if you enjoy pictures of her with a lightsaber, check out this one from last night:

And, yes, she is holding a Darth Vader and Han Solo figurine (Dug's childhood toys). I guess she got Dug's Star Wars gene. :rotfl:

Is a Star Wars Weekend in Izzy's near future? Also by the time she get to an age to enjoy the rides and shows a lot maybe the Studios will have a "Star Wars Land"!! She and Dug would be in heaven?

I don't know how I missed this last update :blush:

Awesome family photos! Was someone behind the person taking photos to get Izzy to laugh and smile? She looks super happy! :)

And LOVE her costume! Brilliant!

Is a Star Wars Weekend in Izzy's near future? Also by the time she get to an age to enjoy the rides and shows a lot maybe the Studios will have a "Star Wars Land"!! She and Dug would be in heaven?
Our next trip is planned for May, so we will indeed be able to enjoy some Star Wars Weekends!! Izzy and Dug are going to have a blast, I'm sure (and I'll like it too). :thumbsup2

I don't know how I missed this last update :blush:

Awesome family photos! Was someone behind the person taking photos to get Izzy to laugh and smile? She looks super happy! :)

And LOVE her costume! Brilliant!
Thanks! If it's just one of us, the other may have been behind to get her to smile. Otherwise, our photographer came prepared with a roll of Smarties and got Izzy to pose with them as rewards. She did really good, as Izzy wasn't in the most smiley of moods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter