Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's 1st Trip ~ Updated 12/6: Aulani TR Started!!!

Come join me in my crazy Trip Report writing frenzy! :cool1:

("I Like Warm Hugs!")

This is the start of the August 2014 Trip Report. My plans are to start the Aulani Trip Report soon too (will post link or check my signature - Dug is still importing all of our pics) and then the June 2014 WDW, once Lauren & I coordinate the writing of that. Woo hoo, tons of reports to write! :cheer2: At some point, I'll probably start up a Pre-Trip Report for our May 2015 Land & Sea trip also! Guess I got bitten by the crazy DIS TR bug! :rotfl2:

What precious family photos!! And her 2 yr photos are so adorable! The photographer got great smiles!!

I obviously unsubscribed WAY too soon from this one!!

I LOVE her halloween costume. I think I saw 1 pic on FB but it's SO cute! Way to go Dug!

Caden LOVES Star Wars too. He calls it "dun dun dun" (the beginning of the theme song). He also now uses his 2 toy screwdrivers as lightsabers complete with sound effects and then when you hit him he "dies" We're major star wars nerds here, when I showed Andrew the lightsaber fight trick I'm pretty sure he had to choke back tears of pride LOL

Has she watched Clone Troopers or Star Wars Rebels yet (the disney channel cartoons)? Andrew watches them with Caden and he loves them. He hasn't seen the real movies yet. We'll probably introduce those in the next year or so. :)

What precious family photos!! And her 2 yr photos are so adorable! The photographer got great smiles!!

I obviously unsubscribed WAY too soon from this one!!
Glad you came back to visit! :thumbsup2 The photos came out pretty good, considering nobody was in a particularly good photo-taking mood during the shoot. ::yes::

I LOVE her halloween costume. I think I saw 1 pic on FB but it's SO cute! Way to go Dug!
Thanks! Dug did good! Pretty easy...just a teddy bear costume and a t-shirt.

Caden LOVES Star Wars too. He calls it "dun dun dun" (the beginning of the theme song). He also now uses his 2 toy screwdrivers as lightsabers complete with sound effects and then when you hit him he "dies" We're major star wars nerds here, when I showed Andrew the lightsaber fight trick I'm pretty sure he had to choke back tears of pride LOL
Aw, cute! If only we lived closer, Caden and Izzy could have some epic lightsaber battles! :lmao:

Has she watched Clone Troopers or Star Wars Rebels yet (the disney channel cartoons)? Andrew watches them with Caden and he loves them. He hasn't seen the real movies yet. We'll probably introduce those in the next year or so. :)
Dug loves them. He hasn't purposely shown them to Izzy, but I know I saw her in the room checking the show out when he was watching once. He really wants the new Star Wars movie to be the first movie she sees in a theater.

When are you going in May? We'll be there the 19th-27th.
Oh, cool. We're not 100% yet, until we secure airfare and all, but the plan is 5/14-5/18 at WDW, then cruise from 5/18-5/22, then WDW again from 5/22-5/26. So, definitely overlapping that second weekend! :goodvibes

ay we roll, though – we’re not new to breaking all the rides! We asked the Cast Member how this would work with our FP+. He said that it would allow us to ride any time later that day.

It was already getting warm by this time and we were thirsty. We decided to pop into Gaston’s Tavern to get out of the sun and try LeFou’s Brew. Dug and Izzy went inside to find a table while I waited in line:
Hi, everyone, and :welcome: to our much-anticipated first trip as a family of three! :wave: We started planning this trip before our little one was even born and it was every bit as magical as we'd dreamed. If you have an impressive amount of time on your hands, feel free to check out our Pre-Trip Report here: "We're Doing Disney Again Someday...Plus One!" (currently sitting at 38 pages long! and chock full of baby pictures, if that's your thing!)

On with the show! If you have not followed along with our travels before, let me introduce us. I am "Dugette", a 36-year-old new-ish mommy to a little princess. By day, I work in accounting. By night, I hang out on the DIS and sleep, if I'm lucky. :rotfl: I visited WDW a couple times as a kid when my dad had work meetings in Orlando and brought me and my little brother along. I loved it and knew I'd return someday.

I've been married to "Dug" for 8 years. He's a year younger than me, works in web and graphic design, and loves being a daddy to his little princess. He had never been to WDW until I suggested we go in 2009. And he was hooked.

We had such a great time that we planned a return trip in January 2010. We upgraded our tickets to Annual Passes and had a Year of Disney in 2010 - 5 different trips. It gave us something fun to look forward to and plan since the whole "having a baby" thing just wasn't working out for us during that time. 2011 was a rough year, so we managed to swing one more trip in October 2011 to cheer us up. A couple months later, on New Year's Eve, we found out that our little one was finally on her way!

2012 was full of pregnancy & baby excitement. And, before the princess was born, this trip was born! She was 14.5 months at the time of the trip and it was a great age to take her to our happy place. She loved it! It was a very different trip for us, but extra magical with her there by our sides to enjoy it.

Here we all are:

I've referred to our princess as "Dug Baby" thus far in the pre-trip report, but I can't call her that forever. And "Dug Toddler" really doesn't have the same ring to it. So, I'll refer to her by her real-life nickname in this report. This is Izzy, our little princess::

I hope you'll enjoy the tale of her very first visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! pixiedust:

Chapters :surfweb:
Intros

Day 1 - Sat. 12/7/13
It's Disney Day!
You Can Fly!
The Magic Begins
Have You Seen This Closet?!
The Chicken That Ruined Some Lady's Vacation
The Late Night - Part 1
The Late Night - Part 2
The Late Night - Part 3

Day 2 - Sun. 12/8/13
Morning Chaos
Under the Antlers
Under the Sea
Be Our Guest
Furry Friends
The Non-Nap
Guest Dis-Services
Crashing the Party
Time to Hoof It!

Day 3 - Mon. 12/9/13
Slowly Soarin' Over Epcot
The Morning Commute
Meeting the Mice (& Goofy)
"Breakfast"
All.The.Minnies!
Naptime, Eh?
Naptime, Oui?
Chocolate Horses & Tiny Trains
You've Got a Friend in Me
Never Eat Soggy Weet-Bix

Day 4 - Tues. 12/10/13
Tonga Toast Time!
Lost in the Wild
Kitties & "Ghees" Galore
The Wilderness Must be Explored!
What Does the Giraffe Say?
Squirrel!!!
Our Bird Friend
So Much Yum!
Never Too Young
That Awful Moment

Day 5 - Weds. 12/11/13
That Magic Moment - Part 1
That Magic Moment - Part 2
A Visit from Pooh Bear
A Visit from Piglet
A Visit from Tigger & Eeyore
Piggy Kisses
The Unmagical Carpet Row
Tikis and a Toddler
Bears, Birds, & Booty - Part 1
Bears, Birds, & Booty - Part 2
The Fairest Wall of All
Let Down Your Hair
Are You Coming Back?
Polynesian Photo Shoot
An Evening at the Poly

Day 6 - Thurs. 12/12/13
A Non-DIS-Meet
Lots of Legos
Invasion of the Cheerleaders
"Party" Time!
Party On, Dudes!
Not Soarin' Through the Queue

Day 7 - Fri. 12/13/13
Stitch's Great Escape
Raspberries
The Toy Story Mania Stroll
The Napping Goldfish
Yum, Crayon!
Wheeeee!!!!
Sleeping on the Boardwalk
Touring Tutto Gusto
Bear Hugs
Hi! Shark!
The Fiesta Before the Siesta
Bedtime at Epcot

Day 8 - Sat. 12/14/13
Evicted from Paradise
Spirit of Aloha
First Haircut
Hi, Mickey! Oh, Boy! Oh, Wow!
It's a Sleepy World
The Final Countdown
The Stunning Conclusion

Wrap Up
Wrap Up - Part 1
Wrap Up - Part 2

Off Topic :offtopic:
So, Um, Aloha? - Posted 12/28/13
NYC Planning - Posted 3/12/14
18 Month Photos - Posted 3/31/14
NYC Planning Update - Posted 4/6/14
Travel Day to NYC - Mini-TR - Posted 4/9/14
Full Day 1 in NYC Part 1 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/12/14
Full Day 1 in NYC Part 2 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/13/14
NYC to B&B - Mini-TR - Posted 4/17/14
Wedding Day - Mini-TR - Posted 4/17/14
Back to NYC - Mini-TR - Posted 4/19/14
Seeing the Sights in NYC Part 1 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/20/14
Seeing the Sights in NYC Part 2 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/20/14
Rain & Pain - Mini-TR - Posted 4/21/14
Last Day in NYC - Mini-TR - Posted 4/21/14
Going Home from NYC - Mini-TR - Posted 4/21/14
Dug's NYC Photos Part 1 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/22/14
Dug's NYC Photos Part 2 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/22/14
Dug's NYC Photos Part 3 - Mini-TR - Posted 4/22/14
More Non-Disney Travel - Posted 5/10/14
Spontaneity at it's Finest - Posted 5/22/14
Girls' Trip Planning - Posted 5/26/14
Mini Oregon TR - Part 1 - Posted 5/31/14
Mini Oregon TR - Part 2 - Posted 5/31/14
Pre-Trip Report for Next Week - Posted 6/4/14
Mini Oregon TR - Part 3 - Posted 6/4/14
Mini Oregon TR - Part 4 - Posted 6/5/14
Toddler Disney Training - Posted 6/8/14
Happy Father's Day! - Posted 6/15/14
Toddler Travels - Posted 7/11/14
Disney Training in Photos - Posted 7/20/14
Hawaii Planning & More - Posted 8/5/14
Aulani PTR Link - Posted 8/12/14
Under the Sea - Posted 8/17/14
Disney Attire - Posted 8/19/14
August Pre-Trip Report - Posted 8/24/14
Leaving Tomorrow! - Posted 8/29/14
We're Back! - Posted 9/3/14
Second Birthday! - Part 1 - Posted 9/22/14
Second Birthday! - Part 2 - Posted 9/22/14
2 Year Photos & Halloween Costume - Posted 10/29/14
August Trip Report Started - Posted 11/23/14
Aulani Trip Report Started - Posted 12/6/14

I just read through your ENTIRE trip report --- so much GREAT stuff in here and I'm stealing a ton of what you did with Izzy. My daughter's first trip is in December (she'll be 18 months) and I'm already getting "geared up". Very helpful! Thank you!

I just read through your ENTIRE trip report --- so much GREAT stuff in here and I'm stealing a ton of what you did with Izzy. My daughter's first trip is in December (she'll be 18 months) and I'm already getting "geared up". Very helpful! Thank you!
Thanks for reading! :goodvibes I love to give back, as I learn so much from reading other TRs! :thumbsup2 (Hopefully it wasn't too painful to read with the DIS-migration inserting numbers/symbols in some of my posts. :sad2:)

How exciting to have your daughter's first trip coming up this year! I love going in December, so that's a plus. And I bet that age will be really fun too. We did 14.5 months (you just read), 21 months (TR pending) and 23 months (TR in progress) - and they were all really different experiences, but all great fun! It'll be different than any trip you've had before, but really special with lots of unexpected magic moments and great memories. pixiedust:

Just the tip of the iceberg of awesomeness at this meal! :thumbsup2

I am in the middle of reading your TR. I know it is an older one but I am taking my DGD to WDW next June and she will be 14 months old so I wanted to see how your trip went. This very picture is what I am hoping for. We have 4 different character meals planned. Some we have done before and one new one to us. I love seeing that they can get excited about it even at a young age. Just precious.:yo-yo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter