Best DVC Resort with an Infant

Haven’t traveled to WDW w/our 1 yr old yet (pandemic, etc.), but have always felt everything about BLT screams “easy button” when it comes to logistics- not only for you and your child- but also for any grandparents, aunts, etc. that may be along as well.

BLT was super easy to get in and out of with a stroller. The quick walk to MK was AMAZING. My only complaint was the elevator issues with Contemporary---not enough elevators to deal with the number of people, and with a stroller, you are stuck using them (versus escalator).

BLT was super easy to get in and out of with a stroller. The quick walk to MK was AMAZING. My only complaint was the elevator issues with Contemporary---not enough elevators to deal with the number of people, and with a stroller, you are stuck using them (versus escalator).

Awesome. Excellent feedback. Glad to hear the convenience angle of BLT held up (by-and-large), and greatly appreciate the observation re: elevators. Would not have thought about that- until I experienced it first hand (lol). Not sure what can be done other than signs, cast members, etc. kindly requesting that only those guests that absolutely need them (especially in the age of Covid/Omicron) use the elevators. Between strollers, and wheelchairs/medically-required scooters, etc. that is likely always going to be a pretty decent number I suppose.

We stayed in a 2BR at VGF with our daughter, her husband and 6-month-old granddaughter just this past December. Getting to and from MK and Epcot was a breeze but we also rented a car so that we could easily get to AK and HS, plus the ADRs we had at other hotels. The elevators at VGF were very fast and we rarely waited for one. The room itself has a hallway to one side just after entering and it was the perfect spot to park the stroller. And let's just say that having laundry facilities in the unit was a true blessing. Definitely worthy of the splurge!

Awesome. Excellent feedback. Glad to hear the convenience angle of BLT held up (by-and-large), and greatly appreciate the observation re: elevators. Would not have thought about that- until I experienced it first hand (lol). Not sure what can be done other than signs, cast members, etc. kindly requesting that only those guests that absolutely need them (especially in the age of Covid/Omicron) use the elevators. Between strollers, and wheelchairs/medically-required scooters, etc. that is likely always going to be a pretty decent number I suppose.

Not much you can do. Maybe walk outside of Contemporary (if you are on the ground floor) and walk to BLT. We did that after dining at Steakhouse 71 rather than deal with Contemporary elevators going back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter