Best DVC Resort with an Infant

EBQ9112

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas,

My Wife and I are planning a trip to Disney World in September of 22, originally was scheduled for May 22 but we are expecting our 1st child in March and decided to postpone a few more months. I had rented some points and were originally planning to stay at Grand Floridian in a DVC studio, but now am reconsidering location and room with what would be a 6-month-old infant. I am currently leaning towards a 1 Bedroom Villa, just to have some extra space with needing to setup a pack n play and everything. Just wondering if anyone has some advice or input on best room type and or location. Or any advice at all for visiting WDW with an infant.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas,

My Wife and I are planning a trip to Disney World in September of 22, originally was scheduled for May 22 but we are expecting our 1st child in March and decided to postpone a few more months. I had rented some points and were originally planning to stay at Grand Floridian in a DVC studio, but now am reconsidering location and room with what would be a 6-month-old infant. I am currently leaning towards a 1 Bedroom Villa, just to have some extra space with needing to setup a pack n play and everything. Just wondering if anyone has some advice or input on best room type and or location. Or any advice at all for visiting WDW with an infant.

Thank you in advance.

is the owner whom you rented the DVC points from willing to make a change to the accommodations?

You can put a pack and play in a studio as well, just don't convert the sofa into the sofabed and move the coffee table closer to the sofa (or on the other side, not close to the bed). I believe MK has the most rides you can take an infant on...

is the owner whom you rented the DVC points from willing to make a change to the accommodations?

You can put a pack and play in a studio as well, just don't convert the sofa into the sofabed and move the coffee table closer to the sofa (or on the other side, not close to the bed). I believe MK has the most rides you can take an infant on...
We rented points through a company, so changing dates and accommodations is not an issue.

Thanks for the input. We are the type that likes to get setup the 1st day of arrival and unpack and not want to move anything at all until it's time to leave. After starting out in a tiny home of less than 600 sq ft, moving stuff daily gets old in a hurry!

We rented points through a company, so changing dates and accommodations is not an issue.

Thanks for the input. We are the type that likes to get setup the 1st day of arrival and unpack and not want to move anything at all until it's time to leave. After starting out in a tiny home of less than 600 sq ft, moving stuff daily gets old in a hurry!

Are you planning on bringing your own pack & play or hope that one is available at the resort? Those are not in any DVC room (they used to be standard in 1 bedrooms but got taken away due to COVID) and are available on request. Presumably you would need a crib too, those are also available upon request but you may have to rent one from an off-site dealer that will bring it to your room. I'm not sure that I would use both a crib and a pack & play, but if you want both, then yes, a one bedroom is something you would likely want so most of the baby items (stroller, pack & play, changing table) can be set up in the living room area.

What parks are you planning to visit?

Bay lake tower is very convenient for its short walk to MK, I would say vgf is as well now that it has a (longer) walkway

Overall for naps and general back forth BLT is miles ahead but the fireworks noise could be an issue, for that my wife says vgf might be worth the longer walk.

1 bedrooms make putting a young child down for bed much easier, it's nice to be able to close a door and let a kid sleep.

Are you planning on bringing your own pack & play or hope that one is available at the resort? Those are not in any DVC room (they used to be standard in 1 bedrooms but got taken away due to COVID) and are available on request. Presumably you would need a crib too, those are also available upon request but you may have to rent one from an off-site dealer that will bring it to your room. I'm not sure that I would use both a crib and a pack & play, but if you want both, then yes, a one bedroom is something you would likely want so most of the baby items (stroller, pack & play, changing table) can be set up in the living room area.

What parks are you planning to visit?

We will most likely bring our own pack & play as we will be driving, and just will be easier then. The one we have is a multi-use with changing station. Most likely won't need a crib.

We are planning on going to all the parks at least once, and maybe MK twice.

We will most likely bring our own pack & play as we will be driving, and just will be easier then. The one we have is a multi-use with changing station. Most likely won't need a crib.

We are planning on going to all the parks at least once, and maybe MK twice.
I would at least look into crib rental companies before your trip. We have on of those pack n plays with the bassinet attachment and changing table. Our plan was to have the baby sleep there until we could move out of our tiny apartment. She slept in the pack n play less than a dozen times in 8 months. She needed a crib, even when we travel.

The Poly would be great. The studios are spacious, and you can use the second bathroom for the pack n play. This way you get a quiet spot for the baby for naps while you relax in the rest of the room. The Poly is great because you can monorail to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if changing dates via a rental company is NOT an issue. It generally is a huge issue.

Companies are agents for owners and rarely are renting points they themselves own.
We went with the DVC Rental Store for our points rental who now has a built-in cancelation policy with all of their reservations. This was put in place due to the pandemic. We get an internal refund with them to use towards a future reservation which is valid for 2 years. Great perk and main reason why we chose them with our jobs both being affected daily by COVID and the constant uncertainty.

I would at least look into crib rental companies before your trip. We have on of those pack n plays with the bassinet attachment and changing table. Our plan was to have the baby sleep there until we could move out of our tiny apartment. She slept in the pack n play less than a dozen times in 8 months. She needed a crib, even when we travel.
Thanks for the heads up and will definitely keep this in mind. I guess time will only tell and how our baby will handle everything.

The Poly would be great. The studios are spacious, and you can use the second bathroom for the pack n play. This way you get a quiet spot for the baby for naps while you relax in the rest of the room. The Poly us great because you can monorail to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
OH, that is a great idea! I never even thought about that and using the second bathroom as quiet space for the baby. Definitely has swayed my decision some. Definitely love the idea of being on the monorail loop too!

We went with the DVC Rental Store for our points rental who now has a built-in cancelation policy with all of their reservations. This was put in place due to the pandemic. We get an internal refund with them to use towards a future reservation which is valid for 2 years. Great perk and main reason why we chose them with our jobs both being affected daily by COVID and the constant uncertainty.

Which is why, as an owner, I did NOT use this company for renting out my points. I wanted to make a resie for someone and be done with it. I don't have the energy to make changes. (Different companies have different rules.) But I'm glad it's working out for you.

Which is why, as an owner, I did NOT use this company for renting out my points. I wanted to make a resie for someone and be done with it. I don't have the energy to make changes. (Different companies have different rules.) But I'm glad it's working out for you.
I fully understand your reasoning and accept that. As long as I am in the military I cannot rent or use DVC any other way as I can be deployed at any time without notice. So since they added this benefit, it finally allows us to use DVC as an option. It creates an opportunity for others who would not of rented otherwise.

Get the one bedroom. With a baby, the washer and dryer and dishwasher are amazing, especially if you are bottle feeding. Even if you plan on breastfeeding, sometimes stuff happens where you have to bottle feed.

We suggest any of the MK resorts, just for ease of rolling a stroller on and off the monorail. Highly recommend a 1-bed at VGF (so relaxing, and the walking path to MK is gorgeous) or Poly with the extra bathroom.

Get the one bedroom. With a baby, the washer and dryer and dishwasher are amazing, especially if you are bottle feeding. Even if you plan on breastfeeding, sometimes stuff happens where you have to bottle feed.
Thanks for this, I forgot about the ease of having a washer, dryer and dishwasher in the rooms. We are so used to packing enough for us plus extra for the whole trip for ourselves, that this has never been an issue. But yes, accidents happen a plenty with little ones, and the ease of cleaning with a dishwasher would be amazing for bottles when you just head to the parks and come back and they are done.

With having an infant on the trip, go with the one bedroom at either BLT (Bay lake Towers) or VGF (Villas at Grand Floridian). As I mentioned above, there are more rides that you can take the baby on at Magic Kingdom than any other park.

While you do have the option with that specific rental store to change locations/rooms, you likely have a limited time period to do so AND that rental store will have to find someone with points to book the new resort. As you are 9 months away from your expected time period, you have to find someone that owns those points. Have you checked with the points broker to see if they have anyone with that specific points? Or is there already a confirmed reservation.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until 7 months before check-in. One bedrooms don't go too quickly and for BLT, you'll need to decide on view (standard goes quickest, there is lake and theme park view available too)

We stayed at the Grand Floridian regular room with our four month old. Another trip to the Villas At Grand Floridian in a 2 bedroom when he turned one. Just got back from staying in a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek Villas with the now three year old and new baby.

My advice is to optimize for the stroller. You have to take the baby out and collapse the stroller on the busses. If you’re planning more time at MK then pick a monorail resort. Bonus that GF and Poly are walkable to each other. If Epcot or DHS are in the plans then maybe pick Boardwalk, Yacht, or Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter