Best room at boardwalk villas for a quiet room?

amypetecar

DIS Veteran
We are considering booking a weeks stay at the boardwalk in a 2BR over thanksgiving 2013. We can currently book boardwalk view or preferred view. I know the boardwalk view would look spectacular, but we are very worried about noise. Is it any more quiet in preferred rooms? Would i be crazy to pass up the boardwalk view?

Any experiences to share would be very helpful!

We just got back from 4 nights in a BW view 2BR. We were in 5007/9, a lock-off, 5th floor, Under the C in the "Crest o' the Wave". Never an issue with noise, best view I have every had at the Boardwalk.

Obviously, never a guarantee, but that was my experience.

We are considering booking a weeks stay at the boardwalk in a 2BR over thanksgiving 2013. We can currently book boardwalk view or preferred view. I know the boardwalk view would look spectacular, but we are very worried about noise. Is it any more quiet in preferred rooms? Would i be crazy to pass up the boardwalk view?

Any experiences to share would be very helpful!

We have stayed Main Pool View, Boardwalk view (the most noise late night and early AM) Quiet Pool. Quiet Pool area was quiet that we've stayed.

The quietest I have had is 4th floor over the quiet pool. The only time I had a noise problem with boardwalk view is the time we were on the 2nd floor over Big River.

I have had villas overlooking the front of the resort (ground floor), on the top floor, looking towards DHS, overlooking the main pool, overlooking the quiet pool (way to the very end of the hallway!!)ff, overlooking the Village Green, and overlooking the boardwalk (all levels). None of my stays were noisy. The boardwalk views can be noisy until the games down below stop for the night, but that's usually by 11pm.

we've been staying at the BWV (BW view as well as the others), for a few times each year since it opened.
as others said, higher floors are less noisy. BUT....we really didn't have noise problems even on the lower floors.
i think the quietest BWV room we ever had was the HUGE 1bd - it had a smaller bathroom, balcony wrapping along the length of kitchen and L/R, with multiple glass double doors to it, overlooking the canal (i believe x124.....?).

we have had noise problems at other resorts (notably BCV, where we also own). the interior hall noises made sleeping difficult (and daytime napping impossible).

Both times we stayed at BWV we were overlooking the main pool. One time we were up high and that was pretty quiet. The other time we were on the first floor in the corner where there's a door to get into the building. That was noisy as people went in and out of there a lot.

In order to maximize odds for a quiet room, I would suggest booking the Garden / Pool View.

Yes there are BW view rooms which are quiet. But not all. And no way to guarantee you will get one of the quiet ones. On the lower floors you'll hear other guests, entertainers, boats pretty much all day long.

In the Garden / Pool View the worst case is that you'll have some noise from about 10-8 when guests are at one of the pools. Rest of the time it will be quiet. And that's a worst case. If the room overlooks something other than a pool, you may hear nothing at all.

I think the boardwalk is a noisy resort no matter where you stay. We are city and surburban folk, and don't mind the noise, but I think it's always noticeable. Regardless of if I have a boardwalk view or not.

If quiet is really important to you...I like vwl for quiet.

Wow, thanks everyone. Great insight. Other posters please feel free to offer your perspective!

Has anyone else found the garden/pool rooms to be as noisy as boardwalk view?

It looks like the boardwalk view is no longer available for 1 night. Is it worth waitlisting, or should i stick with preferred view?

It looks like the boardwalk view is no longer available for 1 night. Is it worth waitlisting, or should i stick with preferred view?
let's see..
is it worth waking up to:
BWView-2.jpg

and going to sleep with:
BWView-1-1.jpg

i would waitlist, but then again, i dream about that view every night i'm away from it :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter