• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to hotel from SNA

Anybody have the same cab experience at Long Beach? We have three adults and two teens flying into LGB in May... I just assumed we would use UberXL but perhaps a yellow cab minivan would be the better option to DLR.

I do plan on advanced booking UberXL for the return to LGB.
It has been awhile, but we have used a cab from Long Beach. Just ask for a flat rate and they have minivans available.

Taxis at LGB are right out the Terminal and across the street....easy... and the flat rate is posted at the stand and in the cab....just ask for the flat rate to DLR. Yes, minivans are available. We have often arranged for our return trip with the same driver.

If i have a 4 yr old that needs a car seat, but we don't want to bring one (since to/from the hotel is the only time we'll need it) what's the best option? One of the car services?

If i have a 4 yr old that needs a car seat, but we don't want to bring one (since to/from the hotel is the only time we'll need it) what's the best option? One of the car services?

The best option is to bring a seat, honestly. I wouldn't put my 4 year old in a carseat with an unknown history on CA freeways. It's free to check a carseat with the airlines. Do that, and get a cab or Uber.

I bought an easy-to-carry booster for my grandson when we went in November. He was 4 (almost 5) and on the small side. It folded up into such a small package I could fit it in my purse. We tried it out a few times before the trip and it worked fine. There were videos to show you just how to use it and it was pretty easy, both in my car and in the Uber we used to and from the airport. I learned about it from posters here on Dis, and I think it may have been the MiFold but I'm not sure now (my daughter has it). Both Bubble Bum and the one I got were rated highly for ease of use and portability.

The one thing you don't get with the one I bought (not sure about Bubble Bum) is an elevated view. It sits pretty flat on the seat, so you kid won't see much. Since we were only traveling to/from the airport, we didn't care. It was awesome to just click and unclick the seatbelt and be able to carry it around easily in a purse or bag.

FYI... Yellow Cab just upped their SNA/DL flat rate $4 (I believe) due to the bonkers gas prices in CA. I'm sure other transportation providers have done, or will do, likewise.

FYI... Yellow Cab just upped their SNA/DL flat rate $4 (I believe) due to the bonkers gas prices in CA. I'm sure other transportation providers have done, or will do, likewise.

Considering that a round trip will cost $12 JUST in gas, that's fair, honestly. I had to pay $6.19 at COSTCO for my last fill up of regular unleaded.

The very best option, in my opinion, is In Style Transportation. They have the best fleet of cars, the driver will meet you at baggage claim and assist with luggage, their prices are reasonable, and the service is unparalleled. I used them three times on my most recent SoCal trip, and will continue to do so whenever I’m in the area.

I haven't used a cab in decades so silly question...do they take cards or do you need cash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter