Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

So far I've avoided trying to do a Zoom meeting with them...I can only imagine trying to hear the chatter of 22 five year olds at once. Yikes.
OMG! I can't even imagine the noise! LOL!

The biggest take away from our days at home so far is there is a very strong reason I DO NOT teach 5th grade....and it's name is JIMMY!!! :)
Again, I can't even imagine. If I had to teach my kids during this time, I'd get in my car and drive away. LOL!

Is your Timmy back home?? I felt so bad for all the CP kids who had to make new plans without much notice! Really hoping all of us can get back home to the magic, especially all those poor kids!
He's not supposed to leave for his program until the end of May. So, we are praying this is all over by then...#praying

Oooh I cracked up at your covid-19 vlog, especially the toilet paper vs. towels bit! Important serious information about social distancing, but lots of fun and humour worked in as well, just as I'd expect from you two! Well done! And I thought your ride evac from Slinky Dog was pretty neat, too. I've only ever been evacuated from Splash Mountain, and the kids in front of me were so bummed about it, but I thought it was exciting! lol
I would love to get evacuated from Splash. THAT would be cool!
Thank you so much for supporting our channel. We love all the feedback too.

ust watched you guys making the avocado Margherita What are you pair like! :rotfl2: Joe’s wee face as he tried to figure out how to attach the blender but was so funny:rotfl:
The drink looked good though so it was definitely worth the effort:thumbsup2
It's soooooo good!!!! I love how the lid was in the blender the entire time. Shows you how much Joe and I don't cook. LOL!

I think it's neat getting evacuated from rides lol! Not sure why but I want to be evacuated from Big Thunder and Splash, we've only ever been evacuated from RNR but we were just about off so not really anything exciting.
I want to be evacuated from Splash too. I think that would be super cool!!!!

Loved your ride evacuation report. I don't think I've ever been evacuated from a Disney ride. We were once responsible for shutting one down...and we were once stuck on Splash for a CRAZY long time having to listen to one of those frogs talking constantly got old really really fast.
OOOOH! Which one did you shut down???? I'd love to hear that story...

4D1297D7-531C-4480-A990-D6B144D0F4A5.jpegRise of the Resistance...FINALLY

So, after Joe and I parted ways with @ariane37 and Steve, Joe and I finally got to ride RotR. I'm not a Star Wars fan and I was absolutely blown away by this amazing attraction. The part with the stormtroopers blew my mind the most. They honestly look so real and intimidating...The ride itself was so much fun and there's sooooo much going on around you and your ride vehicle. I felt so fortunate to have been able to ride it and it's definitely worth all the hype!!!

After the ride, Joe and I tasted the green milk which is better than the blue milk IMO. I think it has a slushier consistency and tasted like a sweet-tart.

We called it a day after that and went back to the resort to grab a snack at Sassagoula and rest up before our evening plans. I had the standard nugs and fries and Joe had an order of grits, recommended by @chunkymonkey husband, Steve.
Joe absolutely LOVED these but then again, Joe hasn't met an order of grits he didn't like...
27E41A8A-8B74-47A8-91AD-83C34561E149.jpegF3B25C00-3E44-48E5-8ACC-F0484908130C.jpegF77C7952-1E70-41C7-888B-793186323FE0.jpeg09462B98-B5A6-4228-AE06-3A010EA8800C.jpeg1059FD42-35C3-4834-B076-B6FD400BD7CE.jpeg
70975C81-A374-4DA2-BB1C-DF7450A675C6.jpeg86753ACA-82A1-4948-A366-2B29E797D6E0.jpeg

Attachments

• 18BA4000-62BB-49E1-ABAA-EAFD0CE19D0C.jpeg
    18BA4000-62BB-49E1-ABAA-EAFD0CE19D0C.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 57D2FBA3-12D6-4B5C-A9BA-20838CD4397C.jpeg
    57D2FBA3-12D6-4B5C-A9BA-20838CD4397C.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1
I had my game plan all ready for ditching my Mom and Aunt for an early morning at DHS to try for a Boarding Group on our April trip. Maybe by the time we actually get to go on our trip...whenever we reschedule it...I can just get a FP for it! :)
Trying to think positive anyway!

I have heard the green milk is better than the blue, but I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to give it a try. Maybe! Now that I've heard there is a version with alcohol :)

Those grits looks amazing!!!

Those troopers in RotR are just sooooo good. I think it's the fact that they aren't all quite exactly the same, and some of them move a tiny bit every once in a while. It makes it feel so real!

I also preferred the green milk. The blue was just kind of boring to me. Both were rather sweet, and I think overpriced for the small glass you get...

Trying to think positive anyway!
Eventually, we will all get to go back to our happy place and it will be that much sweeter!!!!! ❤

Those troopers in RotR are just sooooo good. I think it's the fact that they aren't all quite exactly the same, and some of them move a tiny bit every once in a while. It makes it feel so real!

I also preferred the green milk. The blue was just kind of boring to me. Both were rather sweet, and I think overpriced for the small glass you get...
The stormtroopers honestly took my breath away. They were soooo realistic.
I do want to try the green milk with booze next. LOL!

Loved your ride evacuation report. I don't think I've ever been evacuated from a Disney ride. We were once responsible for shutting one down...and we were once stuck on Splash for a CRAZY long time having to listen to one of those frogs talking constantly got old really really fast.
ok you’ve made me curious-how did you shut down a ride and which ride was it?
I want to be evacuated from Splash too. I think that would be super cool!!!!
I’d love to be evacuated from splash too. Love that ride but it’d be cooler still to walk through it!
Eventually, we will all get to go back to our happy place and it will be that much sweeter!!!!! ❤
Totally Jen! Positive thoughts are definitely the way to go!❤️

Wow, getting evacuated from SDD doesn't look as exciting as I thought it would! Maybe if it had happened sooner, it would have been pretty cool!

Glad you finally got to ride ROTR :-)

Loving the harrowing slinky dog experience. How ever did you survive? Also just for the record you may not want to use the words manual and evacuation together again. Conjures up a whole other kind of not so Disney experience :poop: (FYI this randomly came up when I was looking for Ariane's favorite emoji which is now apparently gone)

I so cant' wait to ride rise of the resistance but not sure I have the patience for all of the procedures and early morning wake up calls to get on. If we can get to DL in August that will hopefully be in our cards.

Loving the harrowing slinky dog experience. How ever did you survive? Also just for the record you may not want to use the words manual and evacuation together again. Conjures up a whole other kind of not so Disney experience :poop: (FYI this randomly came up when I was looking for Ariane's favorite emoji which is now apparently gone)

I so cant' wait to ride rise of the resistance but not sure I have the patience for all of the procedures and early morning wake up calls to get on. If we can get to DL in August that will hopefully be in our cards.
I used to work in bowel surgery. Manual evacuation meant a whole different thing lol

Last edited:
II like the idea of adding alcohol to it!
Me too!

Wow, getting evacuated from SDD doesn't look as exciting as I thought it would! Maybe if it had happened sooner, it would have been pretty cool!
I know what you mean, but it was still pretty neat to live the process. LOL!

Glad you finally got to ride ROTR :-)
Me too!!!!

LMBO!

Thank goodness I didn't have to get up early to do it or it wouldn't have happened. LOL!

I used too work in bowel surgery. Manual evacuation meant a whole different thing lol
Yep, that takes on an entirely different meaning. LOL!

the Resistance...FINALLY

It was so amazing wasn't it? I am a SW fan, not a superfan, but a reasonable fan, but this was seriously the best ride ever. I love that you got a selfie with the stormtroopers. I really wished I could have rode twice and been more ready with the camera at that point. I got a pic of them, but didn't have time to get one with anyone in it because everyone was kind of rushing through to get to the actual ride part. I wish after waiting all day with the boarding groups etc...that people would have just taken the time to slow down and take it all in!! Hopefully there will be a next time before too long lol! You managed to get some awesome pics!!

Is alcohol in the blue and green milks something new? I think I would like that! Also, why does the green milk look yellow to me?

I'm not a big fan of grits, but those shrimp and grits look pretty tasty.

It was so amazing wasn't it? I am a SW fan, not a superfan, but a reasonable fan, but this was seriously the best ride ever. I love that you got a selfie with the stormtroopers. I really wished I could have rode twice and been more ready with the camera at that point. I got a pic of them, but didn't have time to get one with anyone in it because everyone was kind of rushing through to get to the actual ride part. I wish after waiting all day with the boarding groups etc...that people would have just taken the time to slow down and take it all in!! Hopefully there will be a next time before too long lol! You managed to get some awesome pics!!
Joe and I just took our time and let everyone rush ahead of us. We both wanted to take our time and take it all in.
We were able to ride it a second time in March (VIP Tour) and noticed so many things we didn't pick up on the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter