Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

Is alcohol in the blue and green milks something new? I think I would like that! Also, why does the green milk look yellow to me?
I'm not sure. The blue milk comes with rum and the green milk comes with tequila.
Maybe it looked yellow because of the lighting??? It was definitely green.

I'm not a big fan of grits, but those shrimp and grits look pretty tasty.
Joe will order grits any time they are on the menu and these definitely didn't disappoint. LOL!

A Sunday Night at Jock Lindsey's with Friends...

After a full day of eating and playing in HS, Joe and I went back to the room to rest up and freshen up. We had all decided to meet up at the Hangar Bar, AKA Jock Lindseys later that evening. So, sometime that night, Uber Joe picked up @ariane37 and Steve, we parked in the garage (I think lime), then did some shopping. At one point we did split up but eventually made it to my fav bar in all of Disney. We got a table for 10. I believe we had to push a few together. Initially, it was me and Joe, @ariane37 and Steve, the beautiful @pepperandchips with her hubby, R @Mollydolly334 and @disneyAndi14 Then, @chunkymonkey and her husband, Steve popped in. We sat in the back, on the water and ate, drank (of course) and did a lot of chatting. It was such a nice evening and I was sad when it came to an end...

Unfortunately, I have zero pics of us all together. I only managed to get photos of our food and drinks. Joe and I shared Doctor Astorga's Queso Fundido, a skillet of melted soft cheeses topped with fresh Pico de Gallo, and cilantro served with corn tortilla chips and the Jumbo" Air Pirate's Pretzel, a jumbo everything pretzel with spicy German Mustard and Beer-Cheese Fondue. For drinks, I had the Cool-headed Monkey, Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice and Joe had a few glasses of the Safari Sangria South, African Red Wine with Van Der Rum Tangerine Liqueur.

Next up, a VERY early morning for a very special tour...

4AE2CBBD-1551-4A56-8A63-EFB8C81BC09C.jpegD0D68EA8-14AA-4AC2-8710-5086A94DD7F5.jpegCE149066-5DD8-4A7F-913D-C2DC67EBA8A8.jpegABEC94A2-ECA9-480B-94EB-0D177341A441.jpeg91C1749A-3207-4BDC-B31D-FB5939FC3964.jpeg6CA49D42-82DC-4B88-AE4C-62C89FDD788E.jpeg

Yummm, that pretzel, that dip and those drinks have me thinking it's about lunch time!! :)

What an awesome time to hang out with some absolutely perfect company!

Doctor Astorga's Queso Fundido, a skillet of melted soft cheeses topped with fresh Pico de Gallo, and cilantro served with corn tortilla chips
The queso fundido is really good. They also serve a Singapore Sling, an old time drink from my college years that most bars have never heard of. :)

6CA49D42-82DC-4B88-AE4C-62C89FDD788E.jpeg
What do you mean you didn't get pictures? I spy Caroline's shoulder, Melinda's hair, and what I presume is Ryan's arm :earboy2:

Such a fun night! I want that pretzel so bad right now..........and the queso fundido...............cool headed monkey..........really anything they serve 😭
I'd take McDonald's at this point...This just totally sucks. 😟

Getting caught up and enjoying the disboards between Kari's smoking sangria and your food pictures I'm acting like a starving, raging alcoholic!
HAHAHA!

Even not being a SW fan, I can't wait to ride the Rise of the Resistance one day. It really does sound amazing...and I'm trying very hard not to read about it.

OOOOH! Which one did you shut down???? I'd love to hear that story...

Ok a few people are curious about this one...and it's not terribly exciting but here it is and I think I even have it on video. I think this was Nicolas' (my 20yo son) first trip...in 2001. We were getting ready to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures. As we approached the ride, my spunky little 17 month old kid ran towards the track when he should not have...and that caused them to shut down the ride. Unfortunately it wasn't as simple as a quick restart, so it took some time before the ride did get back up and running. So yep...all us.

Ok a few people are curious about this one...and it's not terribly exciting but here it is and I think I even have it on video. I think this was Nicolas' (my 20yo son) first trip...in 2001. We were getting ready to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures. As we approached the ride, my spunky little 17 month old kid ran towards the track when he should not have...and that caused them to shut down the ride. Unfortunately it wasn't as simple as a quick restart, so it took some time before the ride did get back up and running. So yep...all us.
Oh no!!! That's too funny!!!

DestiNations Tour with Friends and a Surprise Meet Up with Tim Tracker!!!!

Hi everyone! So today was Monday, January 20th, and it was coooooold outside. At times, I couldn't feel my fingertips. No joke...

We met up with @ariane37 and Steve for a very special tour and one we had all been looking forward to for some time...DestiNations. This was a 5-hour walking tour through World Showcase and "Backstage." We learned a lot of very cool information and history of the countries located in World Showcase. About 2 hours in, we stopped for a little snack at the Biergarten Restaurant in the Germany Pavilion (a fruit and cheese plate with bottled water). I won't give any info on the tour itself just in case there's someone who may want to take it. However, I will say that it was a lot of fun and has inspired me to book more tours in the future (whenever that may be at this point)... :confused3

After the tour, we were HUNGRY!!! Ariane was wonderful and had made us all a reservation at Tokyo Dining immediately following the tour (It's like she knew we would be starving).:D We were given an awesome table in front of a window overlooking the water and entrance to the Japanese Pavilion. Between us, we had some sushi, tempura, miso soup, and a few alcoholic beverages. I actually had hot tea because I was having a hard time warming up and I was coming down with a cold. The food was really good and I believe we all liked our meals. And, it goes without saying that the company was the best. Ariane and Steve have become good friends and Joe and I really value their friendship. #Besties❤

After lunch, we went our separate ways. But, don't worry...It's not the last we would see of them this day...As a matter of fact, we spend time with a lot of special DIS friends this evening...

While Joe and I were walking around, we ran into Tim Tracker AGAIN!!! Some of you may remember that we ran into him back in May during our Epic Trip. He was just as gracious and kind this time and Joe enjoyed talking to him about camera mics.

Next up, a lounge, a DAH and more DIS friends...

69D8913A-4AE6-43BE-A5F8-4FDF3BEE950A.jpeg02C494B2-F517-4228-AA51-9B90A1289305.jpeg634DC7C5-6DA9-4DD2-9638-76702BBBD33E.jpeg1397794F-BCBB-49A3-B978-8218F3963116.jpeg441FF378-A906-44A8-8F44-8339F8CA5E52.jpegA364D288-985E-441D-8771-2DB94EE54D42.jpegC7DE5543-A078-49C1-9578-4E7657CDD597.jpeg6934D0F9-99CD-4CB1-91FC-62F47CBF9EFD.jpeg1300062D-9832-4452-817E-3EB166FDA739.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish I would have ordered the pretzel at Jock’s. I will next time!
Such a fun evening with all of you!
I really enjoyed the tour of the WS, when we did it in August it was so hot. A totally different experience for you all. I was melting and you were freezing!
We have never ran into Tim Tracker, I love watching their vlogs! Lucky for you two!
Andi and I have eaten at Tokyo Dining several times and really enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter