"BIG GIRLS"--Courage inspired by Tank Top thread

irishbosoxfan

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=te
After reading the Tank Top thread I worked up enough nerve to post this---

I am a "big girl",always have been-always will be :guilty:

Now while when I was younger I was quite happy to be a busty female but after 4 kids the girls have given up!

On another thread I once mentioned I went from a 44DD to a 48 long and while that isn't exactly accurate (I went from a 38DD to a 44 long) it pretty well explains the situation!

To better the visuals--Anyone watch Dog the bounty hunter? You do! Ok picture Beth Chapman,Dog's wife... You now know what I look like!

EXCEPT....My girls don't look you right in the eye while we're having a conversation AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT!!!!!

Now that's where you come in all my busty,buxom DIS friends! I need to find a bra that will have my girls standing at attention like they used to!!

I currently wear the Playtex 18 hour or the Just my size but they are useless----The back rides up and sits between my shoulder blades,the straps come over the top and the girls end up having a better relationship with my waistline than I do :guilty:

So any ideas on industrial strength bras? I need one where the girls become a shelf I could eat off of if I wanted to! :rotfl2:

I buy my bras at Victoria's Secret, but I think they only go to size 40D.

I have a friend with very large "girls" and she went to a place where she was professionally fitted. The lady doing it was experienced and knew just what to suggest. It was amazing, the difference. First of all, she looked about 50 lbs. lighter (she's full figured) once they were able to harness her girls and get them standing up a little higher. Do you have a place like that near you? This particular shop was in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area, but I think any big city would have one.

Good luck!

None around here that I've been able to find--We had one back home about 45 mins from where we lived that my mom found----She is an even bigger girl than I am---We're talking in the II's

You arent wearing the right size. Your band is too big if its ridding up. You may have to find a larger cup size if you go down in band size. I have that problem when I loose weight. The hard part is finding a band that is tight enough to not ride up and loose enough to not make huge rolls of back fat.

I'm with you and I haven't even had kids yet!! I'm a 44DDD. It's taken me years to finally find a bra that is comfortable and is a good support. The one that I currently love is from Lane Bryant and it's the special 5 way convertible bra. Meaning the straps can be removed or you do a crisscross with them. That also means that you can tighten the straps as tight as necessary, unlike all the regular bras.
I will warn you though...even this one gets uncomfortable after 9 hours.

When I buy the bra the band fits snug but very shortly after that it stretches out! I feel like my ****s are kryptonite and the bra is Superman and unable to withstand the power being exerted!

irishbosoxfan said:
When I buy the bra the band fits snug but very shortly after that it stretches out! I feel like my ****s are kryptonite and the bra is Superman and unable to withstand the power being exerted!

Are you hand washing them or putting them in the machine?

I know it's a real pain but I have found that putting them on gentle in the washer and then letting them line dry keeps the straps at their full strength.

It depends on how much time I have and if the more supportive one are in short supply!

I'm a big girl too up top and I hate mine! Hate them, hate them, hate them! Now that aside, the only bras that make my girls stand up and look straight are good quality underwire bras. So whats the problem? I HATE UNDERWIRE!!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!!!!! When I wear one, though my DH is attentive all night, LOL!

I don't know the answer, I wish I could find a good NON-UNDERWIRE bra that did the job but I haven't been able to.

A friend of mine has told me that JCPenney does custom fitting and while I am quite uncomfortable about this idea, I am going in tomorrow to be fitted. I am sick of being saggy Jane and need to do something about it.

If you like, I will let you know how it goes.

Truthfully if you are experiencing riding up in the back, I think you need to go get professionally fitted. A propper fitting bra will NOT do that to you.

I am rather large for the my height (5'1" and 125# wearing a 34DD) and I wear the VS very sexy bra. It's one of the few that actually support me the way a bra should. I still get pressure on my shoulders, but the straps and cups do what a bra should. I believe only 10% of the support should come from the straps. Of course I don't think that is quite right on "bigger ladies" though ;)

I too also wash them on my ultra hand wash (ultra gentle) cycle in the wash and line dry in my basement. Keeps my investments in better shape longer! However if they are all doing it, I would still go down to a lower band size and up a cup.

Most women are actually much larger chested than they think. In reality I should be a 32DDD, but they are nearly impossible to find. A 34 in most cases on the smallest size works okay enough for me ;)

JadenLayne said:
I'm a big girl too up top and I hate mine! Hate them, hate them, hate them! Now that aside, the only bras that make my girls stand up and look straight are good quality underwire bras. So whats the problem? I HATE UNDERWIRE!!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!!!!! When I wear one, though my DH is attentive all night, LOL!

I don't know the answer, I wish I could find a good NON-UNDERWIRE bra that did the job but I haven't been able to.

Amen!!!

My "girls" are big (40D) last time I got a bra (about 2 years ago). I have underwires they poke me in armpit. I'd like perky but not pokie!!

The sad thing is my DD 14 is a 38D and they were never perky. I feel so bad that she inherited her mama's "girls".

So anybody know of any GOOD non underwires out there that don't look like they are for grannies ta tas?

disneymom3 said:
A friend of mine has told me that JCPenney does custom fitting and while I am quite uncomfortable about this idea, I am going in tomorrow to be fitted. I am sick of being saggy Jane and need to do something about it.

If you like, I will let you know how it goes.

Please do!

I'm a member of the big girl club as well. I was large to begin with, had kids and got larger. Then I lost some weight but was still large.

I'm resigned to the fact that I will be in underwire.

babytrees said:
Amen!!!

My "girls" are big (40D) last time I got a bra (about 2 years ago). I have underwires they poke me in armpit. I'd like perky but not pokie!!

The sad thing is my DD 14 is a 38D and they were never perky. I feel so bad that she inherited her mama's "girls".

So anybody know of any GOOD non underwires out there that don't look like they are for grannies ta tas?

I hate granny bras as well! They drive me nuts!

Disney mom that would be great!---I have been before but not for awhile and I was so embarrassed! I think I was in the dressing room for about a good 10 minutes while the lady just stood outside the door waiting--I could barely get the words "Come in" out of my mouth!

I think if I can get some really good uplifting bras I will stick to washing them all by hand---It would probably help out a lot with the "shelf life" :teeth:

On a side note...2bemarried - youre super pretty! Beautiful skin!!! :thumbsup2

Anyways... I have 36/38 C's & D's - ummm, kinda like jeans - never the same size. Ive found the Maidenform® One Fabulous Fit™ are BY FAR, my favorite bra's in the whole wide world. They keep the girls happy, perky and looking towards the sun ;)

I checked out the website and they come in *big girly* sizes : http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/search_command.cmd - and theyre only $12 - wow! :thumbsup2

I just find with these, I dont have to adjust - they stay put - they hold 'em in place, and theyre comfy. I truly love these. :lovestruc

Or - you can take my g/f's suggestion. She said she was gonna get both her nipples pierced with itty bitty loops and thread clear fishing line, through the loops, up and around her neck and VOILA! Perky all the time. L :rotfl: L!!! :joker:

When I think granny bras I think of my mom and those thick ultra padded shipping containers she has for III ****s and don't want those!----But I think I may have to find some of those to get the girls to pay attention!

I also hate underwires because of the pit poking---by the end of the day my underarms are red and sore!

Cathryn--I couldn't get your link to work but I went to the site----Unfortunately they only go up to a 42DD-----No good for me :guilty:

irishbosoxfan said:
Disney mom that would be great!---I have been before but not for awhile and I was so embarrassed! I think I was in the dressing room for about a good 10 minutes while the lady just stood outside the door waiting--I could barely get the words "Come in" out of my mouth!

I think if I can get some really good uplifting bras I will stick to washing them all by hand---It would probably help out a lot with the "shelf life" :teeth:

I am hoping it is an old lady with droopy girls who fits me. If she is a perky cute early 20 something who has clearly never had a baby, I am outta there! :lmao:

While we are on the subject- I'm going to a focus group next week. They are paying me $80 for 2 hours of my time. The "focus" is bras, for women that wear a 40 or larger. I'm hoping someone is coming out with something pretty, supportive and affordable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter