Boardwalk Cottage Suites question

We have stayed at BWI club level three times and have loved every stay. We have never had an experience where the lounge was packed. We must have been there at the perfect time of year (October and May). The cottages are located close to the “quiet “ pool and by no means would it take someone 13 minutes to get back to the club level lounge. I agree with KrazeeK120, five minutes at the most. I am also confused about the guard comment. During all of our stays we have seen food and drinks leaving the lounge area. The cottages decor is spot on with the theming of the Boardwalk Inn. The romantic nature to me comes from the quiet location of the cottages, the picket fences, and landscaping etc...

For us, we have always booked a club level boardwalk view room. We just could never justify the cost difference and the little bit of inconvenience staying in the cottages. If we were to get a free upgrade we would be thrilled, but for us we use the money saved to do an extra special meal or meals. If you do stay club level, I do recommend visiting the lounge for breakfast or appetizers. The CM’s at the BWI are the best.
As I said before we stayed five days before the storm and during. Health issue for me to walk. Haha” the guard”, was a cm and he was told during the storm we can eat in the lounge but nothing can go out of Club Level., if you recall there a door that is locked and CM’s has a small desk there.
For us we always book CL., now when the grandkids stays at BWV’s for two
weeks, we stay at BW or Yacht. Now if the nanny doesn’t come, we stay at the BWV’s with them.

As I said before we stayed five days before the storm and during. Health issue for me to walk. Haha” the guard”, was a cm and he was told during the storm we can eat in the lounge but nothing can go out of Club Level., if you recall there a door that is locked and CM’s has a small desk there.
weeks, we stay at BW or Yacht. Now if the nanny doesn’t come, we stay at the BWV’s with them.

I don't know what the "rules" are during hurricanes, I have never been at WDW during one.

But, I've stayed in (4th floor) BWI standard CL rooms that are outside the automatic door. I had no problem bringing breakfast as well as drinks and apps back to our room. All the CM's were friendly and pleasant as I exited CL and headed back to our room.
I have also been in a CL BWI room that is on the 3rd floor. Once again, no problem bringing items back to our room. About the only thing that was ever said was something like, "See you later, have a great day."

Wow. There was absolutely nothing in my post that was disrespectful. At all. I am listening, and I am responding to what I read.

I just didn’t want people thinking that it takes an “average” person 13 minutes to get to the lounge. Yes, there are people with various health issues or disabilities, but their travel time (anywhere) isn’t representative of the general population. It doesn’t invalidate their struggles in any way, and it’s not disrespectful to point out that your experience is different than that of a typical tourist.

And, I apologize, but I don’t have any experience with water going everywhere.

Yes, I’d be upset if I was told an amenity existed when it didn’t, but this is the first time you’ve mentioned that happening.

I do try to stop and smell the roses. I enjoy things for what they are and don’t get caught up in tiny details, and try to be a positive person and good role model for my young son.
If you look at the bath tub you will see there isn’t any rails to help you up. So we made something. We add a pull up for us.One thing we did is put a towel on the bottom of the tub, so won’t slip or slide. Two we tired the top sheet ( yes I said it) to the sink area( not sure how we did it, memory)
just to help out the tub. Toliet is a lot lower then we expect. Shower pan was leaking during shower and then some times it back up. Yes we called engerining . The bed wall you could hear pipes “singing”.
Everyone has different experiences. This trip to BW during a hurricane is one we never want to do again.

With no disrespect...in your first post response about your experience, you did not mention your age and health issues, nor the fact you were staying during the hurricane. That kind of changes the perspective of things.

I would not want to stay there during the rainy season either and being there during a hurricane does cause more safety regulations the resort has to follow. Trust me I know, my DH and I were there during hurricane Matthew. Staying in the cottages during lots of rain would also be very aggravating. I hope you give BWI club level another chance and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

I don't know what the "rules" are during hurricanes, I have never been at WDW during one.

But, I've stayed in (4th floor) BWI standard CL rooms that are outside the automatic door. I had no problem bringing breakfast as well as drinks and apps back to our room. All the CM's were friendly and pleasant as I exited CL and headed back to our room.
I have also been in a CL BWI room that is on the 3rd floor. Once again, no problem bringing items back to our room. About the only thing that was ever said was something like, "See you later, have a great day."
This trip was the worst. We had better
time in April of this year.Lovely view
of the BoardWalk(sorry,it’s keeps cap) and Yacht and Beach Club. So when we booked for Sept. the only thing was available was the Cottage . The grands kids would be here the end of August til Sept then off to school, so we booked the end of there trip and we stayed longer.,Who knew a hurricane would come too, haha

With no disrespect...in your first post response about your experience, you did not mention your age and health issues, nor the fact you were staying during the hurricane. That kind of changes the perspective of things.

I would not want to stay there during the rainy season either and being there during a hurricane does cause more safety regulations the resort has to follow. Trust me I know, my DH and I were there during hurricane Matthew. Staying in the cottages during lots of rain would also be very aggravating. I hope you give BWI club level another chance and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Thank you for understanding. Yes we will be back in April and August next year but not cottages. You as well have Happy Thanksgiving.Enjoy the fall time too.

Did you stay in the Cottage Suite during the hurricane or were you evacuated to a different room?

That's a great news!

That's what we experienced in Grand Floridian and in Animal Kingdom. We prefer to take food (and especially drinks :)) to the room with us instead of hanging out in the lounge - most of times. So I am happy to hear that we seem to b able to do it in Boardwalk too.

Thank you very much to everybody for the input.

It was extremely helpful for me.

I guess we will find out for ourselves how things would work with the cottage - in about two weeks :))))

Thank you very much to everybody for the input.

It was extremely helpful for me.

I guess we will find out for ourselves how things would work with the cottage - in about two weeks :))))
Your welcome . Enjoy your trip.

I think those rooms look adorable. A while back, I saw a series of photos taken of the fronts of the cottages. Each one has a unique birdhouse out front, and I thought that was so precious.

I never realized before this thread that they are club level.
We were fortunate to be upgraded to one of the cottages a few years back. I thought it was excellent. Unfortunately they never mentioned that it was club level when we checked in. I only figured it out years later when I found the gold room keys.

@Sweettears So they upgraded you to Garden Cottage, but they didn’t bother to mention that access to the Club Lounge was included?

I guess you can’t miss what you didn’t know you had, but it would’ve drove me crazy when I found out.

It seems like on the pictures I can see DVD player under the "main" television?

So you can watch the movies if you want?

I remember I got upgraded to a suite once in Disneyland - I was staying for one day all by myself as my friend was coming only the next day and didn't want to pay for Disney hotel, so I was moving to a different hotel next day.

I had two-room suite just to myself :)) That was kind of waste, I regretted that my friend was not there with me. I had two DVD players :)) I bought the Frozen movie which was new at that point and watched it in the evening. It was great, the movie was sooo good :)

Last edited:
@Sweettears So they upgraded you to Garden Cottage, but they didn’t bother to mention that access to the Club Lounge was included?

I guess you can’t miss what you didn’t know you had, but it would’ve drove me crazy when I found out.
Yea pretty much. We checked in pretty late but that shouldn't be an excuse. I was excited enough about the upgrade so I can't complain too much.

To me, I fell like you have no respect for your elders
I don't see this, and I'm elder.
When you pay for a suite ($600 a night) and you were told yes there a jacuzzi and then you found out there aren’t,
A poster slightly prior to this response indicated there's a Jacuzzi at the nearby quiet pool. Is it possible you or the CM didn't specify in the room during the discussion?
Haha” the guard”, was a cm and he was told during the storm we can eat in the lounge but nothing can go out of Club Level.,
So you're saying there was a specific reason why you take food out of the lounge and that the non-guard CM was merely iterating/enforcing the facility rule?

I believe we were there at the same time so it is interesting to see how people can have such a different experience. We stayed a couple of days before Irma hit and then through the next week. We were initially in a Garden Cottage and found them to be lovely and had no problems with housekeeping or water coming into the room requiring extra towels. The quiet pool and jacuzzi near our room had towels available for use so no extras needed for that. The room also has a small refridgerator that could be used to keep wine chilled as well as an ice machine on the ground floor outside. We also had a DVD player in our room so we could watch movies that we brought or borrowed from the lounge.

The food service leading up to Irma was the normal service and was very good. During the storm we were offered eggs, bacon, pototoes, etc. at breakfast in addition to the regular continental offerings. We were suprised to find full lunch offerings with soup, salad, and several bread, meat and cheese options to make your own sandwiches. There were also cookies, fruit, snacks and beverages (including beer and wine if you asked a CM) available during lunch. In the afternoon there were always snack offerings like sweets, goldfish crackers, nuts, etc with cellophane bags next to them that encouraged you to take a snack with you. In the evening in addition to fondue, salad and the regular appetizers they also had extended service. For example, one night we had pizza and chcken fingers, another there was steak and potatoes. We were always able to find a table and were not questioned when bringing drinks or snacks back to our room. In fact, we were often asked upon leaving if we needed anything to take with us. We found all of the CM and especially the hurricane rideout crew to be exceptionally helpful and friendly.

I would definately recommend BWI CL and the garden cottages in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions.

We also had a DVD player in our room so we could watch movies that we brought or borrowed from the lounge...

I would definately recommend BWI CL and the garden cottages in the future. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you VERY MUCH for the information!

Though I already decided and booked it still is encouraging to know that somebody was happy to stay there :)

:hourglass:hourglass
I believe we were there at the same time so it is interesting to see how people can have such a different experience. We stayed a couple of days before Irma hit and then through the next week. We were initially in a Garden Cottage and found them to be lovely and had no problems with housekeeping or water coming into the room requiring extra towels. The quiet pool and jacuzzi near our room had towels available for use so no extras needed for that. The room also has a small refridgerator that could be used to keep wine chilled as well as an ice machine on the ground floor outside. We also had a DVD player in our room so we could watch movies that we brought or borrowed from the lounge.

The food service leading up to Irma was the normal service and was very good. During the storm we were offered eggs, bacon, pototoes, etc. at breakfast in addition to the regular continental offerings. We were suprised to find full lunch offerings with soup, salad, and several bread, meat and cheese options to make your own sandwiches. There were also cookies, fruit, snacks and beverages (including beer and wine if you asked a CM) available during lunch. In the afternoon there were always snack offerings like sweets, goldfish crackers, nuts, etc with cellophane bags next to them that encouraged you to take a snack with you. In the evening in addition to fondue, salad and the regular appetizers they also had extended service. For example, one night we had pizza and chcken fingers, another there was steak and potatoes. We were always able to find a table and were not questioned when bringing drinks or snacks back to our room. In fact, we were often asked upon leaving if we needed anything to take with us. We found all of the CM and especially the hurricane rideout crew to be exceptionally helpful and friendly.

I’m so glad your experience staying at the Boardwalk Inn club level was great. What you described is exactly what my DH and I experienced while staying during hurricane Matthew. The other two stays we had there were perfect as well. We love the BWI and the Club level CM’s are family to us. We are looking forward to our next stay there in May 2018.
:hourglass Counting the days!

Here are some pictures of one of the balcony garden suites from last January. Loved it!

Outside:

Cottage1.jpg

Downstairs:

IMG_20170123_151813.jpg

IMG_20170123_151835.jpg

IMG_20170123_151912.jpg

IMG_20170123_151956.jpg

IMG_20170123_152025.jpg

Attachments

• Cottage1.jpg
    Cottage1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter