Bonzo's Journey into the unknown (comments, jokes, ridicule etc most welcome!)

Originally posted by sharoncity
Shaun - you are gonna be lookin MIGHTY fine at WDW! ;) DW is gonna have to be fightin the ladies off of you!:crazy:
Seriously, 6 lbs gone! Good for you! Keep up the excellent work! And don't worry if DW doesn't support you, we will!:laughing:

I won't fight the ladies off - they can have him!!! LOL

Only joking - well done Shaun - I know how hard this is for you!!

Morning, afternoon or evening fellow WISHers!

Another week, more weight off my mind and tummy!

Yup - they said it couldn't be done but I've LOST another 2lbs this week!

Oh yes.....oh yes.....oh yes... (no - not quite "Sleepless in Seatle" sounds but you get the idea!)

That's 8lbs in total so far - Bring on that 10lb Clippie!

I guess that the highlight or lowlight (depending on perspective) is that there was a birthday drink at work. I thought about going and just have a soda or fizzy water but WOAH! - how naff would that look? I have a "reputation" to keep up.

I made my excuses (heavy workload ;)) and didn't go - I'm not sure but I think that the temptation would be far too great.

Anyway - off to buy some some football kit to keep those fine ladies off me whilst at Disney! - LOL

congrats on 2 more pounds gone :jumping1:

and that was a great way to avoid the temptation of drinks! just not go at all. that's good that you knew you wouldn't be able to refuse if you went, so you had to do what's right for you. you could've just said, oh just this one time...but you dind't! great job :bounce:

keep it up, you'll have that 10 pound clippie in no time :hyper:

Hi all,

First off thanks for all the positive comments - it's much appreciated.

Anyway, another VERY good week for me with another 2lb loss which means that I'm now the proud owner of the 10lb clippie! - Woo Hoo!

The other thing is that I've managed to move down a notch on my belt so I must have lost about 1inch off my waist - Very happy about this!

Onwards and downwards!

Last weekend was potentially going to be tough as DW was away on a "girlie" weekend away run by a UK Disney board of which we are both Moderators. I must admit that occasions like this mean that I have no one to stop me "snacking" or boozing after DDs have gone to bed but I managed to do it by eating fruit, low fat yoghurts and black coffee!

What helped was that I managed to catch up on all the boards and press on with the planning for our Easter trip.

This week may be slightly different.

It was DDs half-term holiday so we decided to take a 3 day break in Devon for a bit of R & R for all of us. As we were staying in a hotel we had to be very careful about what we had to eat and when as the "old habits" could quickly kick in - i.e. lovely full English breakfasts, eating out in the evening etc

I'm not holding out much hope for any weight loss this week but let's see.

Bonzo - 10 lb clippee already?! That is awesome!! You ROCK my man!

Seriously, what a wonderful job you are doing. To avoid temptation and eat all those wonderful healthy foods, while no one is looking? Sounds like you are learning some new habits that will be very good for your overall health!::yes:: That is a very big positive outcome!
Keep doing what your doing. You will be looking great come Easter time at WDW!:teeth:

TTFN-
Sharon:wave2:

congrats bonzo :bounce:

and great job avoiding snacking while no one was looking! that's the hardest time ::yes::

sounds like you had a wonderful time in devon, and lots of yumminess along with it! hope it doesn't hurt the scale too much! just get right back on track, and i'm sure you'll be fine :hyper:

Hi gang,

I thought I'd better check in although it's not good news :(

Ok - It hasn't come as a suprise but I put on 1lb this week - but I'm still feeling positive as I thought it'd be a lot worse and still down one notch on my belt!

This mainly came about due to being away for a few days in a hotel and we had to eat out or buy food from the supermarkets.

(I had a chat with DW (AlisonB) about what to do with the 10lb clippie so I'll keep it on and see what next week brings).

Shaun, congratulations on earning that wonderful 10 pound clippie!! I say keep it and work REALLY HARD to make the scale come down again!

It's probably water weight - have you been drinking your water?? I know that's a tough one for you, but it really helps your body let go of excess water it may be hanging on to.

So raise a glass, Shaun (of water, that is), toast your health, and down the hatch!! :D

Hi folks!

The good news is that I've lost another 1lb so I can keep my clippie after all!

The even better news is that I've gone down a waist size in my trousers (pants) - that's a 2 inch loss!

Oh what a feeling!

:cool1:

Congratulations Shaun!!! This is wonderful news!!:jumping1:
Keep up the good work! You are doing fine!

TTFN-
Sharon:sunny:

hey shaun, that's absolutely wonderful that you're down a pants size!!! i definitely enjoy the sizes going down more than the scale, but that's just me :p . keep up the great work, and i'm sure both will keep moving in the right direction :bounce:

Shaun, excellent news about those skinny pants!! Losing a size is a major accomplishment!

I'm also happy that you get to keep that beautiful 10 pound clippie - especially since your dear wife Alison is sporting such wonderful clip art in her signature these days!! We wouldn't want her to get new clip art while you are stuck with the same one - you're going to have to get a new 15 pound clippie next! :p

Onward and downward, Shaun!! :sunny:

Hi everyone!

Another week - another 1lb Loss! - Yipee!

so - that's a grand total of 11lbs.

My aim is to lose a stone (14lbs) before we leave for WDW but I'm not sure if I'll make it, but let's see.

May be a bit tough next weekend as I'm away with the lads on a walking weekend. This'll mean two days of walking 14 miles a day cross-country or a 40 mile bike ride.

That's the plus side - the down side will be two cooked meals a day and I suspect a bit of drinking in the evening! - ;)

However, DW (AlisonB) has given me a couple of strategies to adopt so all may not be lost.

I even tried on the next size of tousers (pants) down and I can get them on! - not comfortable enough to wear all day but progress all the same.

Oh - we've managed to sell some of Alison's BIG size jeans on eBay for a tidy sum recently.

All in all, things are looking up and we are raring to go for WDW at Easter!

Shawn that is fantastic news! A whole pants size! Wow! I just wanted to drop by your journal and say hello!

Hope you have a healthy and happy day!

Well, as it's my birthday today I thought I'd better check in.

It's been a while as we had three wonderful weeks at Disney over the Easter holidays.

DW (AlisonB) did VERY well and even LOST weight - me? - I put on 4lbs which I was actually pleased with.

The weekend after we came back there was a UK DIS meet which meant that I didn't have chance to get back into the swing of things ;)

Anyway, I've slipped a bit and got bcak into some bad habits but I'm now back on track and more determined than ever.

Hopefully, catching up on the latest news here and continuing to post my journal will help.

Shaun, have you gotten back on track?? Just checking in - didn't want you to feel forgotten. ;) I hope you're continuing to melt away! ::yes::

Hi Doreen and fellow WISHers!

A little while ago I was going to post a "woe is me! - I've fallen by the wayside" type post as I was doing badly.

I'd gone "off the rails" a bit but I've lost 3lbs recently which means that I have 1 more to go to get back to my pre-trip weight.

This has given me a real boost - it's probably being back into my normal routine being back at work that's helped.

So, I'm keeping that 10lb clippie as I'm currently at 12lb total loss.

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone!

:wave2:

Good for you, Shaun!! Sometimes the regular routine can be a real blessing!! Glad to hear you're back on track. Try to be good this weekend, OK?? :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter