Booking Aulani today?

Not to spread vicious rumors but I think there has been preferential treatment for those who are from the Mainland and those flying to HI over local residents. Case and point we had reservations for Labor Day weekend confirmed back in Novemeber and got bumped a few days ago along with other families who booked during the 7 month window and got bumped to the hotel side.

The common denominator for all families is that we all live here. Not going into detail on what we got to make us happy but hopefully this is not an on going issue. They blamed it on numerous things but each reason was different. I am all for tourists coming to HI but we have family plans as well. Again hopefully this is an isolated issue for the first big weekend for Aulani.

Sorry to but a damper on things but not everyone in HI is happy! Then again living in HI is a blessing in itself!

I'm not sure about living in Hawaii being a blessing, but I do remember seeing several threads from mainlanders whose rooms got bumped, too. Louisiana and Ohio I think. So they're not singling out islanders!

People are getting bumped?!

We have Labor Day weekend booked with our points in a 1 bedroom unit.

What type of rooms were getting bumped....studios?

Jen

Thanks....went looking and found the threads.

So far no call for me and hoping it stays that way!

Jen

People are getting bumped?!

We have Labor Day weekend booked with our points in a 1 bedroom unit.

What type of rooms were getting bumped....studios?

Jen

Darn it you have our room! LOL

We had a 1 bdrm as well and it was booked in Nov! When did you book yours? Do you live in Oahu?

Darn it you have our room! LOL

We had a 1 bdrm as well and it was booked in Nov! When did you book yours? Do you live in Oahu?

We booked at the 7 month window. We have a 1 bedroom island view for 5 people.

We do live on Oahu.

Not sure how Disney decides who gets bumped.....sorry you were one of them.

Jen

We booked at the 7 month window. We have a 1 bedroom island view for 5 people.

We do live on Oahu.

Not sure how Disney decides who gets bumped.....sorry you were one of them.

Jen

A firend of ours reserved during the 7 month window and was bumped as well. He had the 1 bdrm. I hope it doesn't happen to you. Have you been DVC owners for awhile? We have been only since 2009.

What is all this about "being bumped?" How can anyone be bumped?

The analogy my DW came up with is like when you are bumped or requested to give up your seat on an airplane when it's overbooked. Except here they are not requesting, they are telling you to move or you can get another date. They try to offer similar reservations.

We're hoping to go for our 5 year anniversary in June. I've set my calendar for my 7 month alert! :rotfl:

The thing that is frustrating me the most here is that now my points balance and ability to verify the reservation are both compromised. When Disney bumped the reservation to the hotel side, the reservation disappeared completely off of our dvcmember.com page. It shows as a cancellation. The points were credited back based on the cancellation, but then they were taken out again manually to cover the hotel side... with a very confusing reference. Our original confirmation number is no longer valid and we were emailed a new number. But, the new number doesn't work on the mydisneyreservation.com webpage. When I call MS and talk with a supervisor, they can see the reservation on their system... but I have nothing to show that the points were accepted for payment of the reservation, and nothing to show there is no monetary balance due. The paperwork associated with this snafu is VERY sketchy to me. I am going to request that MS send full documentation of what has transpired here, because I'm really nervous not being able to verify the reservation via my online records.

So looking forward to this opening & feedback on the resort! Disney + Hawaii has to be pretty awesome!

How do the hotel rooms compare to the DVC studios? I thought that DVC studios were generally larger and had better amenities (mini fridge, microwave, etc.). Are they charging you the same number of points when they bump you to the hotel side?

Booked our stay at Aulani in a 1 BR Ocean View for Oct 12-17. :cool1: Had all views available this morning when I called.

Just an update for those interested.

So sorry to hear all the troubles some have had.

Looking forward to reading feedback after the first groups get to stay there.

We are hoping to book (@ 7 month window) for a July 2012 stay. It would be for 9 of us to celebrate a 50th birthday and a graduation!

Can't wait.

Today I was looking at flight for a trip to Aulani (probably not a trip for a couple of years) and flights were $827.20 per person ($4136 for the 5 of us). However, when I looked at a flight/hotel package it was only $747 per person ($3731 for the 5 of us, with hotel). Said the "booking together" savings is $2209... for a grand total of savings of $405.

Would there be a downside to booking this way? I wouldn't even have to check in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter