Boosting your immune system

I think in many ways we still don't really know what the body does to fight infection. Obviously antibodies are the most effective, but those take a while to build up. So then we get flu shots. Apparently there are some other parts of the immune system that fight viruses, but they more or less act without us knowing it's doing anything. The stuff like runny nose, sneezing, coughing, fever, body aches, etc. are the an overreaction.

Someone mentioned a cytokine storm. I guess that's sending out stuff that is indeed actively fighting an infection, but rather dangerous when there's so much that it starts damaging human tissue, including organs. I guess it may be like the difference between spraying water to put out a house fire, vs spraying with with enough force to knock down walls.

I swear and my colleague believe Ginger root is effective. I also like the spicy taste and can eat raw ( i know wierd) i slice bits in tea or mix with lemons and water. Has also other benefits. When I notice a phleme throat I also gargle and swallow apple cider ( mix with water just right to burn a tad). The acid neutralized bacteria‘s environment.

Hand washing and AIR OUT your home. We open all windows 5 minutes morning and night ( even if sub zero). Also good to combat mold growth.

Excedrine is aspirin with caffeine, right? We used to have a similar product called Anacin but it's no longer available. I do generally chase my headache pills with coffee though, for whatever it might be worth. Not sure what kind of stomach meds you mean, only Zantac and Pepcid are available OTC. I buy Previcid and Prilosec down South when I have a chance, otherwise I have to see a doctor for a prescription.
I wirk for an airline and flight attendents swear on a shot of unsweetened espresso mixed with lemon juice (about quarter a lemon ). Seems to work on our passengers.

Excedrin ES is acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. If you don't have that handy, I used to work with nurses who would often promote the use of either acetaminophen or ibuprofen with caffeine. Apparently it's a fortuitous combination. (Assuming, of course, you can take the above without adverse consequences.)

I wash my hands frequently.
I drink loads of water.
And I grow basil in the winter and use it for pesto, salads, soups, etc. Basil has antiviral properties.
So does garlic. ;-) (Garlic also has antibacterial properties.)

Note on the last two items: You'd probably have to eat a TON of either to have any impact, and neither would work as well as a prescription if you had an actual illness. But both basil and garlic have their good points!
Well luckily I enjoy both basil and garlic! I used to grow huge basil plants in my bay window, now we rent and there are no sunny windows so I can't grow any herbs. Guess I can just buy some basil at the grocery store though.

I hear a lot of people talk about food like garlic, basil, ginger. When I looked into those, it was an insane amount daily that helped. An amount that a normal person could not be eating in a day, every day. The concentrated supplements didn't seem to have the same research behind it. But maybe the research is better now.

Sure would be nice to know if all of these efforts did anything. No real way to know I guess and as long as they don't harm...
Yea it won't hurt anything gargling listerine or salt water. May not taste good if swallowed.

Excedrin ES is acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. If you don't have that handy, I used to work with nurses who would often promote the use of either acetaminophen or ibuprofen with caffeine. Apparently it's a fortuitous combination. (Assuming, of course, you can take the above without adverse consequences.)

The combination of a pain reliever with caffeine has been around for ages to speed it up. The original Excedrin is of course just aspirin with caffeine.

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Super B
Chia Seeds
Taking your shoes off at entryway to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria brought into the home.

If you are suffering from heat in hot summer, then you can try chia seed. Get a glass of water and put 5gram chia seed in it, then wait for 12 to 15 hours it will be convert in Cold properties. chia seed is loaded with protein, vitamins and minerals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter