break in attempt

team bradfield

Happy Campers
finally got around to posting this, we returned from the parks on 3-21 around 11pm and when our dog heard our approach, he pushed the door open and came out to greet us. At first i figured someone didnt close the door all the way, our unit has 2 doors. on our way home DW noticed some pry marks and torn weather seal on the lower part of the door, rig is very new, only the 2nd trip. It appears someone tried to break in and our dog must have scared them away. I can only think they were looking for the truck keys , still kind of shocked this would happen at FWdoor_70.jpg

I just wonder if it was another guest on property or just a passer by going through the campgrounds?

I just wonder if it was another guest on property or just a passer by going through the campgrounds?

Likely the same druggies that come to the Fort to steal and sell expensive bicycles. A random passer by would not try to break into someone's rig. Most definitely someone there with intent.

This is, however, much more frightening than bicycle thefts. It appears they are stepping it up a notch. Very scary and makes me glad we camp in a 20 year old pop up that gives off the vibe that we have nothing worth taking. Even our tow vehicle is a 2001 mini van. Even so, this will put me on guard next time we are there. Pop ups are easily accessible, so no longer will keys and other things be left laying around inside.

A very sad situation, for sure, and it's about time for the Fort to have security continuously making the rounds. This is getting out of control.

No on the report, because the wife didn't notice until we left the property, thought notifying the you guys was more important. I'm setting a deer camera out from now on. wish i still had my big dog, but the puppy did his job
WDW has it's share of crime.
That's why I always treat it like just another city that I'm visiting.

We have Arlo cameras at home. As long as there is wifi, which there is at the Fort, they will work and we can watch our site from our phones. Never brought them before, but going to next time.

I do appreciate the heads up here on the forum.

It is a shame. Thanks for the heads up so we can be more vigilant.

It's interesting that they actually budged the door by prying at this spot. If I were going to try to break in, I would have pried near the door handle.

Makes me wonder how many times this had happened that we are unaware of. They had to know what they were doing since that is not the most logical location for a novice to begin.

Our previous trailer was broken into while at the manufacturer for service. I wont describe how but they made entry in about 3 seconds, it was surprisingly simple. As my friend Edna Mode always says "luck favors the prepared"

I wonder if when the word is out that all loops are dog loops, that this might help? I would imagine if someone wanted to break into trailers and new which loops were non pet loops that they might be more likely to target those?

This is a big wow!

I hope you were able to get your door fixed. It is such a handsome RV.

oh god that's awful.

i've always wondered if the campsites were monitored in regards to security (like security patrolling the areas near the campsites).

we have a canary security system in our camper. We did because it will notify us if the RV is getting hot, AC went off etc. Now glad we have it, but we do have 2 dogs that love to bark when someone knocks on the door. Really sad people have to injury someone's property! So sorry for your damage!

we have a canary security system in our camper. We did because it will notify us if the RV is getting hot, AC went off etc. Now glad we have it, but we do have 2 dogs that love to bark when someone knocks on the door. Really sad people have to injury someone's property! So sorry for your damage!

Really like that it lets you know when it's hot, we have a dog we bring camping and never leave her too long, but still would like to have something like this. Sad this is going on in FW.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!