Brother SE-270D Sewing/Embroidery Machine

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Does anyone have this sewing/embroidery machine? It is the one with the built in Disney embroidery stitches.

Do you like the machine? How does it work, any problems? Is it easy to thread and operate. It says the embroidery area is 4x4...do you feel this is large enough and can you embroider on large items, like clothing, as long as the image is only 4x4.

I also like to sew and quilt so would want to be able to use the machine for that as well.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! princess:

I don't have this machine, but I did see it on one of the TV shopping websites...for less money. Either HSN or ShopathomeTV.

I have it and love it, love it, love it!! You can use it to sew and quilt. It is an amazing sewing machine- it self threads, and is super easy to use. Compared to my old machine it was like going from driving a lemon to a Cadillac! I make hair bows and use it to personalize with names. I have embroidered shirts with no problem on the medium size ebroidery hoop that the machine comes with, but you can also buy a large and X-large hoop for larger items, or the small hoop for smaller projects. I comes with 25 Disney designs, 50 or so other designs, (holidays, flowers, etc.) 5 fonts, and fancy mongogram letters.
I highly recomend it (if you couldn't tell) Two of my friends have also bought them now too and also love it. I did see the price of $999.99 on the Brother website, But I bought mine from Walmart for $438.00 and have seen it on Ebay for the $300's
Here are a few things I have made with my machine. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to email me :)
http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_1709.jpg http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_0338.jpg http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_0456.jpg http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_0471.jpg http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_0474.jpg http://www.ssb5.net/users/30845/100_0432.jpg

I have this machine also..and I LOVE IT too...

I bought hanes shirts from walmart also and made one for each day of our trip to WDW. You can buy additional images like the princesses, toy story, film stars and so on ...

It was the best gift ever....

:cheer2:

Aliisa said:
I have it and love it, love it, love it!! You can use it to sew and quilt. It is an amazing sewing machine- it self threads, and is super easy to use. Compared to my old machine it was like going from driving a lemon to a Cadillac!...I highly recomend it (if you couldn't tell) Two of my friends have also bought them now too and also love it. I did see the price of $999.99 on the Brother website, But I bought mine from Walmart for $438.00 and have seen it on Ebay for the $300's

Aliisa & Jen - thanks for the feedback on the machine. I am now so excited! You've made up my mind and I got my bonus check at work today, so off to buy I go. :woohoo: I looked on Ebay and there are a few on there. So I may see if I can get a good deal.

Aliisa...thanks for the pictures of the really cute items you've made. Lilah and Luke are pretty cute also :goodvibes

Good for you! Trust me its worth every penny! I just finished making some Disney dish towels for my kitchen- its so much fun. Enjoy it :)

You may have me convinced too! I desperately need a new machine. The only sewing I do is quilting (I entered my first quilt in the Dis World Fair here) but my machine is just too basic. This machine you're talking about sounds like just what I'm looking for. I really think I'd love to embellish all the baby shirts etc too.
Hmmm, dear hubby I have something to add to my Christmas List!

That what my friend asked her husband to get her for for Christmas this past year! Its great too to personalize gifts. I gave monogrammed scarves to all the woman in my family and they loved them. Pillowcase and towels come out super cute too! Just the sewing machine alone is just awesome! And its computerized touch screen which I love. And you aren't just limited to the designs included, you can also add Brother memory cards with different designs to the machine (just like a photo memory stick). But I think the best investment is the computer card. You can plug the card into your computer and download embroidery designs free from the Brother website or you can buy them on ebay for super cheap. Sellers have every kind of font (even Disney!) and every design imaginable.
Sorry I have rambled on and on about this sewing machine LOL! It just so much fun to use- especially if you love Disney :) Enjoy it Ladies!!!

I have to agree with everything Aliisa had to say about the machine. I got mine at Wal Mart when it was on sale. Best investment I ever made. Than for Christmas my in-laws got me the Ultimate Box (the computer software Aliisa was talking about) which has been awesome. I have download so many free images online. including Stitch...

I also gave scarves as gifts this past holiday...the machine comes with other images besides Disney...but the Disney ones are the greatest...
Keep a look out for the brother memory cards with extra Disney images. I got mine from the marvelous creations website. Sometimes he runs a sale and you can get them for around $49 each....I got That's Donald for that price. Check out the brother website for all of the Disney memory cards.

Sorry to keep going on ...but as you can see I LOVE my machine.

ps..tote bags look great also. I made one with Mickey who holds all of my important airport papers when I'm on my way to Disney World.

Do you still love your brother sewing machine a year later?? I've bought it but it hasn't arrived yet. I initially ordered it coz I thought my singer machine was broken...but I managed to fix it and so I don't know if I'll keep the brother. I've read some great reviews on amazon and epinions and then some really awful reviews on sewing.patternreview.com...but I'll be reassured if you still love your SE270D. Got it for just over $400 on the costco website including shipping...figure they have a pretty good return policy if things don't work out...but I so hope it does! I'd love to be able to do some embroidery on my new baby girl's outfit for her first trip to WDW for free dining!

Today is our 10th anniversary and 3 weeks from today is my birthday and guess what my husband bought me? This machine. I hope I love it like you do! I can't wait to get started. Any tips?

I have this machine too!
Just a bit slow on working with it... I guess it overwhelms me.
The instuction booklett is intimadating.
With 14 grandkids I have to cut our Christmas budget!

It is so intimidating! I have only just gone out and bought some thread. I haven't even tried to put it together yet...have to soon if I want to embroider something before our trip! Any hints anyone?

hey, I of just have a couple of questions. I'm making my own business for the summer. I just wanted to know if your able to make your own designs on the computers. cause i wanted to do custom shirts. will it be worth it to buy this sewing marchine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter