Brother SE-270D Sewing/Embroidery Machine

I also have a card reader.
Michelle

Hi Michelle (and anyone else who is willing to share)

I'm in the process of trying to figure out which reader I should purchase.

Which reader do you have, and do you love it or do you wish you had purchased something else?

TIA!

Nancy

I have an Amazing Box II, around $200 new.

Did you guys see (I'm sure you have. I'm just getting my feet wet in this, so I know everything that's new to me is old hat to you, but anyway........)that you can download a free trial of Digitize 'N Stitch" from the Amazing Box people? It will actually allow you to save the design that you create. I haven't seen another sample that will do that.

Nancy

What brand of thread are you using? I have found that the Coats & Clark from WalMart and some Hancocks is poor quality. I use Mettler and Robison-Anton, will use Sulky if I have to.

I saw a listing on eBay for a thread called Polystar. Does anyone have any experience with it?

TIA

Nancy

Yes, I've used that thread for my machine. I really like it...works great.

I always buy mine from marvelous creations. If you goggle that name you will find their website. Great company...very helpful.

Hope that helps

I know that you can purchase the cards from Brother with the Disney related stuff on them. But does anyone know if you can use an image that you have on your computer (like a piece of clip art or something) and somehow get that onto the machine to embroider?

Thanks in advance! :)

Amazing Designs offers a 30-day free trial of their full-functioning digitizing software. I only tried it with sports logos and it worked just fine for me. It does allow you to save the embroidery file, unlike most of the trials I've downloaded.

But you still need a reader/writer box and card. I've decided to purchase the Ultimate Box, but I know many other embroiderers use the Amazing Box and the Brother system, as well as others. It's so hard to decide on one, but I saw one on eBay which included the card and I think it's a decent price, so I ordered it. I've also purchased some CD-based designs that were a fraction of what the designs on dedicated cards cost.

BTW - I never thought to ask this before right now - do you guys share your designs?

Nancy

Ultimate box is fine, I purchased AMazing Box becaue I got a good price for it on eBay (<$200.00 shipped). They have replaced the Amazing Box with something else now that is considerably more $$$ :(. I think they work the same. After you all get your reader/writers, either email or PM me and I'll let you know of some free sites that I use for designs!

LOL.. well, maybe I'll hang on to it for a while longer! I think I've wasted enough time talking myself into being scared of it! LOL.. I'm going to tackle it this weekend and conquer it.. I really, really am! LOL :rotfl:

Not getting it.. I need an online tutorial.. do you know of any? I checked YouTube but only saw the video of someone's machine working... LOL...
Yard sale/Craig's list... yes.. sounding better and better! LOL...

I can not believe I let this machine get to me.. I haven't even touched it for a year I'm so annoyed with it.. and me! LOL!!!

I like by Babylock Ellure better, to me it sews better and I don't have near the thread snarls and breaks. By Brother is sitting in the floor of the sewing room.

Robin,
I just got a new brother embroidery/sewing machine and I'd love to get some of the Disney designs. If you have any of these on CD or on the computer that you could send me please let me know. The machine I got has the USB port so i can attach it to my computer to upload images to the machine, but they do have to be digitized. anything you have would be appreciated. You know where to find me ;o)

Robin,
I just got a new brother embroidery/sewing machine and I'd love to get some of the Disney designs. If you have any of these on CD or on the computer that you could send me please let me know. The machine I got has the USB port so i can attach it to my computer to upload images to the machine, but they do have to be digitized. anything you have would be appreciated. You know where to find me ;o)

I sent you an email :)

it's been sitting ... taunting me for 3 years... I had someone come to my house that has emboridery machines to "teach" me how to use my Disney
270D. Talk about annoying.. the self threader refuses to work.. but, once I got the hang of just threading the needle myself it was good.. until the threader machinery just came down and refused to go back up.. I finally manhandled that gadget and managed to get my design to a state of completion.. now I'm searching for a brother repairman to work on the darn machine.. once that's done I think .. I'm almost postive I'm selling it.. it's just not the easy to use machine I've been reading about.. which is very sad to me...
The large thread spools refuse to work on my machine or my friends... she brought her's to my house so we could "learn" together.. none of the 3 of us could get that large spool to load right.. I'm so glad I didn't order the ones suggested via brother site...
My friend that came to help said her machine isn't self threading and she likes it better ... may check into what she has..
I'm just so disappointed after all the waiting and reading the encouraging posts here to discover this machine isn't what it's cracked up to be...

it's been sitting ... taunting me for 3 years... I had someone come to my house that has emboridery machines to "teach" me how to use my Disney
270D. Talk about annoying.. the self threader refuses to work.. but, once I got the hang of just threading the needle myself it was good.. until the threader machinery just came down and refused to go back up.. I finally manhandled that gadget and managed to get my design to a state of completion.. now I'm searching for a brother repairman to work on the darn machine.. once that's done I think .. I'm almost postive I'm selling it.. it's just not the easy to use machine I've been reading about.. which is very sad to me...
The large thread spools refuse to work on my machine or my friends... she brought her's to my house so we could "learn" together.. none of the 3 of us could get that large spool to load right.. I'm so glad I didn't order the ones suggested via brother site...
My friend that came to help said her machine isn't self threading and she likes it better ... may check into what she has..
I'm just so disappointed after all the waiting and reading the encouraging posts here to discover this machine isn't what it's cracked up to be...

My sister has this machine and has the same problem with the "self threading" mechanism. The stupid thing just doesn't work the majority of the time. Every time she has to change colors, it's a struggle to get the thing threaded.

Hopefully you'll get a different machine that's more user-friendly! I'm a digitizer, and from what I've heard, the Singer Futura is a glitchy machine also. The other Brother models are supposed to be better and I love my Viking Designer 1 (it's an older machine, but it takes my abuse without a problem)!

haha.. that's what I need.. a machine that can take my abuse.. haha
Believe me, I was so ready to abuse the disney thing yesterday.. it's disheartening to discover it was the machine and not me being scared of it.. I had very high hopes... not now...

Like my sister, Heathersue, said, this machine is a pain in the bootie to thread! Lately, now that I decided to get rid of it, it's been working so much better! I think it's on to me! That cartridge was such a stupid design! Even the Brother dealer told me that! Once you get it threaded it does stitch out beautifully, but uggh, threading it....:scared1: My cousin is letting me use her Viking Rose, and once I get a card reader working for that, I will switch on over.

I finally found the instruction guides for my brother 270D! It has only taken me quite a few years to drum up courage to attempt threading this machine!
Glad I'm not the only one! If I can't get this right can someone please point me to a good youtube or something site..I really want to try making something by next months cruise!
Thanks!

http://www.astitchclub.com/video__hooping_placement.cfm

http://www.astitchclub.com/video__needles_and_thread.cfm

Not sure if these will help. I saved them about a year ago... haven't really used them.. or watched them all the way through as a matter of fact...
I can't believe how I've let this machine get to me.. even with all of the encouragement I've gotten from this board... I still let it get me! LOL...

Good luck.. I think, truly if you use the disney patterns you won't have a problem.. the pattern is basically laid out step by step once you choose it.. My problem is the threader... once I beat that into submission I was good to go.. but it was a 3½ hour ordeal ... LOL

is driving me nuts.. I've finally mastered embroidering my husbands business and phone number on shirts.. thought I'd give the disney designs a whirl.. HOLY COW.. something has to be wrong.. and not just with my machine.. I tried my friends, brand new, just out of the box machine and the same thing happened. When I did the mickey or minnie mouse.. just the head it leaves areas of white just shining.. Lord Love a Duck.. who ever saw Mickey with White spotches in his ears?? LOL..
I'm going to try to investigate this problem.. maybe it's just the way I was sitting or holding my mouth when I hit start.. sigh..
Anyway, back to the drawing board.. again.. sigh...

Thanks Robin. I did get a response from Brother, and it sounded like I was the only person who ever complained to them that the card (which I really do think is a CompactFlash I - the II was a hair too thick) is being sold for like what, $60, when if it is in fact a CompactFlash I, the price should be more like $15. The person who replied did research prices on the internet and was sending a note to their technical people asking for more information.

Nancy
Hi Nancy,
Did you ever get a follow-up reply from Brother Tech Support on this being just a plain old CF I card? I acquired a 270D and am doing research on what works with it. — Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter