Brother SE-270D Sewing/Embroidery Machine

also, make sure that your foot is down, if it's raised it gets in the way. :)

I have that problem too... and I'm using the disney thread recommended...
I just thread it manually! LOL..
I still haven't had much luck getting mine set up right though.. I'm about to put it in a yard sale!

I had the problem too but I found that the needle is the problem. Make sure if you are using the embroidery thread that you are using an embroidery needle in the machine. once I changed the needle and it worked fine.

Hope this helps

I didn't even think of that... I'm sure that's part of the problem! Thank you so much !! I'll switch that out tonight and try again tomorrow!

I have that problem too... and I'm using the disney thread recommended...
I just thread it manually! LOL..
I still haven't had much luck getting mine set up right though.. I'm about to put it in a yard sale!

Don't put it in a yard sale. LOL once you get used to it you will love it. I use mine all the time and occasionally I get frustrated but keep working with it. :thumbsup2

LOL.. well, maybe I'll hang on to it for a while longer! I think I've wasted enough time talking myself into being scared of it! LOL.. I'm going to tackle it this weekend and conquer it.. I really, really am! LOL :rotfl:

Thanks! I'm sure I'll need it... I've let this thing get me every time I try to use it.. hahah.. Granddaughters are home now so I may not get the opportunity to play tomorrow afterall.. depends on if they come over and visit. (That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it) :rotfl2:

I had the problem too but I found that the needle is the problem. Make sure if you are using the embroidery thread that you are using an embroidery needle in the machine. once I changed the needle and it worked fine.

Hope this helps

Hi I am new here. That is exactly what happened to my machine. It was the needle.

Hi. This is a really old thread, but I have exactly the same questions. I'm looking for a new sewing machine (left my 30 y/o one in Hawaii when we moved and haven't really sewn in a long time), and the prices on these have dropped to under $300. I'm wondering if it's still recommended by those in the know. Thanks!!!

Nancy

Does anyone have this sewing/embroidery machine? It is the one with the built in Disney embroidery stitches.

Do you like the machine? How does it work, any problems? Is it easy to thread and operate. It says the embroidery area is 4x4...do you feel this is large enough and can you embroider on large items, like clothing, as long as the image is only 4x4.

I also like to sew and quilt so would want to be able to use the machine for that as well.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! princess:

Hi. This is a really old thread, but I have exactly the same questions. I'm looking for a new sewing machine (left my 30 y/o one in Hawaii when we moved and haven't really sewn in a long time), and the prices on these have dropped to under $300. I'm wondering if it's still recommended by those in the know. Thanks!!!

Nancy

I love mine and use it all the time.
michelle

Michelle, thanks so much for the info. With the new house, I was thinking that if I did some of the window treatments myself, it would pay for itself after like two windows with today's prices, and the bonus would be I could embroider some cute things, too. :-)

Well, I really do like mine.. I'm just not sure about the embroidery part.. can't seem to get my mind wrapped around how to get things evened out.. LOL..
Good luck with the new house.. and window treatments!

Michelle, thanks so much for the info. With the new house, I was thinking that if I did some of the window treatments myself, it would pay for itself after like two windows with today's prices, and the bonus would be I could embroider some cute things, too. :-)

I make my own scrubs for work and I have put things on them with the machine.

Oh my... I would love to see that.. my niece works in the hospital.. I'm sure she'd love to have something like that!

Oh my... I would love to see that.. my niece works in the hospital.. I'm sure she'd love to have something like that!

Here are a couple of pictures of scrub pants that I made.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

The scrubs are fabulous!!!! Thanks for sharing. I think I'm convincing myself that I should go with this machine.

The pricing is definitely one of the factors that had me look at this machine. I didn't think I could afford a sewing-embroidery machine, but it seems feasible now.

Nancy
I haven't read this whole thread, just the last 2 or 3 pages, and decided against making a new thread just to post this Brother SE270 Disney Embroidery Machine. It's marked down from $1,299.99 to $299.99. Thought someone here might be interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter