Brother SE-270D Sewing/Embroidery Machine

Does anyone have some tips on how to keep the rest of the garments out of the way when embroidering. I have ruined three things, because i caught some extra material in the embroidery design :eek:
Is there some kind of clip or something to keep the extra material away?

I am sure all you fellow embroidery nuts have many ideas..maybe:confused:

thanks

I use hair clips, like the small banana ones. Gather a bunch of fabric and clip it. Binder clips work well too. Been there, done that, lol.

I keep breaking my needles any idea's
it is a real pain probably 15 needles since i bought it a couple of months ago:surfweb:

Thanks..another question, what is a Babylock and can I use it with a Disney pattern. I am just looking to stitch a Micey head or basic design that comes with the machine but will need to do over 100. I am not a sewer and am hoping the machine basically does the work. The difference between a 10 minute design and 40 is huge for me though. I also assume while the machine does the stitching, it is not the kind of thing you can walk away or do paperwork while it stitches?

I'm so sorry, I just read your question! Babylock is a higher end brand machine that still uses the same .pes format. The Disney design cards, however, are prioritized for Brother only though, so I keep that machine around for any Disney stuff. My Babylock is a dream to sew on though, a lot smoother and faster than the Brother. Another example of getting what you pay for I guess.

I keep breaking my needles any idea's
it is a real pain probably 15 needles since i bought it a couple of months ago:surfweb:

Occasionally I'll break a needle, but not like that. When you replace them are you pushing them in all the way? I found that sometimes I'll break one if the fabric is too thick (using a regular needle on denim for instance). Also, are you using the correct gauge needle for your job? I dont' think that that is supposed to happen though, I'd contact a sewing store and ask the experts!

LOVE my machine as well...
I want to buy a PED basic, saving as we speak, lol
Can you serge with our machine, i was reading and looks like it will cut for you, I might be wrong, and havent tried it, but whats that about anyways...

HUGS
Thank you
Alycia

:love:

I love the Water soluble and just saw its best for towels... DUH, my towels were poopy too. Glad I figured it out from you kind ladies.
Than kyou soo much

LOVE my machine as well...
I want to buy a PED basic, saving as we speak, lol
Can you serge with our machine, i was reading and looks like it will cut for you, I might be wrong, and havent tried it, but whats that about anyways...

HUGS
Thank you
Alycia

:love:

I think that you have to purchase a rather expensive attachent to serge. It will do a finishing stitch, I think the #'s are like 13 & 14, you use a different foot for it maybe "J"

Hi All -

I've been reading through while waiting for the arrival of my machine... I ordered it through HSN.com.

Question for anyone who got theirs in a similar fashion: WHERE is the Alphabet embroidery cartridge??? It was listed as an accessory to the machine when I bought it!

HSN directed me to Brother - and they are now closed for the weekend. Am I missing a secret compartment where it could be hiding?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks for all the great tips!:flower3:

I did not get mine from HSN, but all the alphabets were already loaded in the machine. Once you attach the embroidery cartridge to the machine you should be able to see them using your touch screen. I hope this helped:)

The only alphabet I know of that is included are preloaded on the machine. I would think if it says you get a cartridge you'd get something extra. Should have either been in a separate box included or in the machine somewhere. I would contact HSN to double check if they ment a separate cartridge or if they are the ones that are preloaded.

[i just purchased a number 12 transportaion embroidery card for my brother 270,disney model sewing,and emb. when i have inserted the card,it tells me to turn off power and insert card....i did,,,,,at least 100x's....well maybe more like 50!! can anyone tell me if maybe i am doing something wrong??? Robbin

[i just purchased a number 12 transportaion embroidery card for my brother 270,disney model sewing,and emb. when i have inserted the card,it tells me to turn off power and insert card....i did,,,,,at least 100x's....well maybe more like 50!! can anyone tell me if maybe i am doing something wrong??? Robbin

First I'd make sure that the card is not meant for a machine with a larger embroidery field than the 270-D. IF it's okay I'd contact the place you purchased it from and go from there. When I insert a card into either of my machines the embroidery carriage moves and the screen changes but no message to turn machine off. Do you have the carriage attached when you insert the card?

Hope all works out for you. It's so frustrating when you finally get what you want, then it doesn't work properly! :(

i am tking it back today after wk....hopefully it is just the card...and not the machine....my daughter's friend has asked me to do some embroidery wk on the side...and then this...oh well....there is a reason for everything!

i tk it back to the store....and it turns out they think it may be a sensor in the machine itself.....i am very upset about this as my machine is not even 2 months old!!!!

Just received the Brother SE270D for Mother's Day gift & am trying to play with it. I have two probs. First, the machine will not auto thread (have attempted at least 30 times...) and when I wind my bobbin, it does not automatically stop. Help, please???
Thank you!!!

Just received the Brother SE270D for Mother's Day gift & am trying to play with it. I have two probs. First, the machine will not auto thread (have attempted at least 30 times...) and when I wind my bobbin, it does not automatically stop. Help, please???
Thank you!!!
When I had problems with the autothread, it turned out that I needed a higher quality thread. Everything is packed away right now, but I think I ended up using Sulky; that worked most times on the first try, and looked nice in the finished projects (had a bit of a shine). I did have to travel about 30 minutes to get it, though. Are you using bobbin thread for the bobbin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter