But Rhett! Where Shall I Go? What Shall I do? Frankly, m'dear... a MAY 2010 PTR

Here I am, Here I am...I don't want to miss this either.
Awesome start Jo.

Hmm..red heads..tempers...
Absolutely... haha and of course I am speaking of myself. :lmao:

Great pictures! :goodvibes What a beautiful family!

I didn't realize you hadn't told the kids yet. :scared1: I know, you can make it up to them by taking them in oh say NOVEMBER!!! :rolleyes1

Or you can stick with the 50 bucks, that might work too! :rotfl:

welll welcome to you then!:lmao: I know you'd never ever lie.... wait... aren't you a lawyer????? Kidding. I'm kidding. I bet you hear that all the time. ;) Glad you're here.

I seem to recall in your first post that you might actually NEED a lawyer, so you better watch the lawyer jokes, missy!!!
Actually I was impressed that you remembered I was a lawyer! I usually find lawyer jokes pretty funny, but for the old ones I've heard a million times.

You have a beautiful family!! It is cool to see pictures from Disneyland. I went there in high school (in the 80s) and barely remember what it looked like!

I'm here too!! Very much looking forward to it! I LOVE your thread titles. If I ever decide to start one I know I'll have to pick your brain for ideas :worship:

... oh yeah, and coffee. Which is highly important to this family, regardless of if it's Nescafe-nasty.

Ugh - I know what you mean! What I've started to do is to bring my own. In Canada, Nabob (I think...) sells these coffee disks that look like very large tea bags. One disc is perfect for 4 cups - works great in the in-room coffee makers! :thumbsup2

Anyhow - you've got me hooked!!

At work: :surfweb:
At home: popcorn::

Well your family is beautiful! When I think of how I looked at age 13......in 1993 or so......I did the math ;)......let's just say those were not my best years. Your DH will have his hands full putting fear into all the young suitors who are sure to be calling! Those are precious children!

I love the Disneyland pics. :thumbsup2 I haven't seen too many pics of DL and had no idea what the HM looked like. DL sure didn't look very crowded at the time. That must have been nice!

migraine_save_1.jpg

Well, I brought some Excedrin for everyone, just in case. I took mine last night and I am feeling so much better today thank you very much!

Bonus! - If you go to

http://www.excedrin.com

There is a $1.00 off coupon! Who can resist?

Subscribing! I love the thread title!

Thanks for posting the pics of Disneyland. Looking at those pictures made me feel at home. I grew up an hour away from DL and went often. We now live on the east coast and visited DW for the first time in Jan 08. We had lots of fun and are currently planning another trip in Jan 2011, but the whole time we were there I felt off. For me, it's just not the same as DL. I guess your DH feels the same way, but the other way around.

Looking forward to reading more of you pre trip report!

Jo - love the intro! The kids are so cute! Shelly uses bribery a lot! You know that's how she got her DS to ride TOT. So if it works for her, I would think it would for you. Give those kids a $50 and be done with it. Except, I would wait until closer to the trip. They might try to extort more if you tell them too soon.

182.jpg

Love this picture!!!

Here I am, Here I am...I don't want to miss this either.
Awesome start Jo.

Hmm..red heads..tempers...
Absolutely... haha and of course I am speaking of myself. :lmao:
Awww, Lake-- you showed up!!!:love: So good to see you here with us, my Honorary Carolina Girl! And you?? A temper? I do declare- you must be pulling my leg.:goodvibes Glad you're here!

Great pictures! :goodvibes What a beautiful family!

I didn't realize you hadn't told the kids yet. :scared1: I know, you can make it up to them by taking them in oh say NOVEMBER!!! :rolleyes1

Or you can stick with the 50 bucks, that might work too! :rotfl:
:laughing: You're so funny!! (Um, actually it crossed my mind to try a trip in November-shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.;) I have to choose the right time to spring that one on DH.):lmao: I think the $50 each would be cheaper.:lmao:

I'm here too!! Very much looking forward to it! I LOVE your thread titles. If I ever decide to start one I know I'll have to pick your brain for ideas :worship:

Ugh - I know what you mean! What I've started to do is to bring my own. In Canada, Nabob (I think...) sells these coffee disks that look like very large tea bags. One disc is perfect for 4 cups - works great in the in-room coffee makers! :thumbsup2

Anyhow - you've got me hooked!!

At work: :surfweb:
At home: popcorn::

Hi and welcome to you!! Thanks for the compliment about the title.:) It suits this trip, as you shall see.

And the coffee--- ugh. We go from spot to spot looking for coffee. I did have to re-read the name of that coffee you mentioned. I somehow got the "NA" part right but the other part I read as a woman's body part. :upsidedow
I was wondering why a company would name themselves NA****.
:dance3:

Glad you're here reading--

Well your family is beautiful! When I think of how I looked at age 13......in 1993 or so......I did the math ;)......let's just say those were not my best years. Your DH will have his hands full putting fear into all the young suitors who are sure to be calling! Those are precious children!

I love the Disneyland pics. :thumbsup2 I haven't seen too many pics of DL and had no idea what the HM looked like. DL sure didn't look very crowded at the time. That must have been nice!

HI!!! Thanks so much on the wonderful compliment on my family!! I think they're all beautiful but I'm the mom, I have to say that.
Unless you were MY mom, who told the Dr when I was born "Well, she sure is ugly but I'll love her anyway." I've seen pictures- the woman spoke the truth.
My oldest DD is mature for her age- and that can be oh so wonderful and a curse at the same time.;)

Disneyland--- yes. I didn't know exactly what to think before I went. I'm happy I did go, though. It was a fun time.

I'll do another post in the future with more pictures for you.:flower3:

migraine_save_1.jpg

Well, I brought some Excedrin for everyone, just in case. I took mine last night and I am feeling so much better today thank you very much!

Bonus! - If you go to

http://www.excedrin.com

There is a $1.00 off coupon! Who can resist?

Yay!!! NC brought Excedrin!
All new readers, please make your request, in writing, to New CREW. That's C-R-E-W. She shall be Charge nurse and will be dispensing your pills in a timely fashion so as not to exacerbate any lag in medicating yourself.

Subscribing! I love the thread title!

Thanks for posting the pics of Disneyland. Looking at those pictures made me feel at home. I grew up an hour away from DL and went often. We now live on the east coast and visited DW for the first time in Jan 08. We had lots of fun and are currently planning another trip in Jan 2011, but the whole time we were there I felt off. For me, it's just not the same as DL. I guess your DH feels the same way, but the other way around.

Looking forward to reading more of you pre trip report!

Welcome!!:flower3: You're welcome! So glad I could give you a piece of "Home". I'll be happy to post more.

I understand what you mean about it being "off" in the park you are not accustomed to. I was so very shocked at how close Splash and HM were, and the placement of BTMRR was "off" to me.
Hope you enjoy your trip to WDW again and maybe this next time, it won't be so awkward for you.
Thanks for reading!

Jo - love the intro! The kids are so cute! Shelly uses bribery a lot! You know that's how she got her DS to ride TOT. So if it works for her, I would think it would for you. Give those kids a $50 and be done with it. Except, I would wait until closer to the trip. They might try to extort more if you tell them too soon.

182.jpg

Love this picture!!!

Thanks! I love that little area! It's near the castle- and so peaceful and cuuute there!

Shelly and her bribery. :laughing:
Well it worked for her.... I'm gonna give it a shot.

Maybe I should call them on the phone and tell them....

:rolleyes1

I seem to recall in your first post that you might actually NEED a lawyer, so you better watch the lawyer jokes, missy!!!
Actually I was impressed that you remembered I was a lawyer! I usually find lawyer jokes pretty funny, but for the old ones I've heard a million times.

You have a beautiful family!! It is cool to see pictures from Disneyland. I went there in high school (in the 80s) and barely remember what it looked like!

Yes, yes, I will plead guilty.:lmao:
Okay, no more lawyer jokes.

I'm sure Disneyland has changed a lot from the 80's- I know that WDW sure has!

Glad you're here.

Jo

:lmao:
And then run! Run like the wind, Bullseye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:
Maybe a text....... hum. That might work better.

FROM the airport.

:rotfl2:

And then run! Run like the wind, Bullseye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:
Maybe a text....... hum. That might work better.

FROM the airport.

:rotfl2:

lol... yes a text!

Then maybe they will text back and text yell at you in ALL CAPS!!!!

Oh no! Not the dreaded all caps text!!!! You know you're in trouble then.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jo - it's so nice to finally "see" you ! I have to say you're looking much younger than 29! You need to reveal your secrets!
Your children are beautiful as well! I do not envy you having to tell them they're not going...
Regarding bribery, I tried to convince dd to ride some of her not so favorites with $$$, her response " Mom, you'd trade your daughters own well being for money?!" My own daughter completely guilted me out!

Ok back to my packing frenzy!
:laundy:

speechless-smiley-003.gif

:wave2: I'm also joining in from Shelly's TR.
Can't wait to hear what happens when you tell the kids! I'd love to take a trip without the kids some day...and maybe leave DH with them :rolleyes1

And the coffee--- ugh. We go from spot to spot looking for coffee. I did have to re-read the name of that coffee you mentioned. I somehow got the "NA" part right but the other part I read as a woman's body part. :upsidedow
I was wondering why a company would name themselves NA****.
:dance3:

:laughing: Nab o o b - I love it!!! :lmao: I think I might start calling it that from now on.

Except I was wrong - it's not Nabob, it's Maxwell House coffee. Here's a link (hopefully it works) to what I bring: http://www.kraftbrands.com/MaxwellHouseCoffee/our-brews/Convenience/Pages/Filter-Packs.aspx

It's not the coffee I would choose to use at home, but it works for Disney (and other hotels that brew yucky coffee).

The only good coffee I've found so far is in the Animal Kingdom near the Safaris, across from the gift shop. But I haven't searched around that much so I'm sure you've found better places.

:laughing: Nab o o b - I love it!!! :lmao: I think I might start calling it that from now on.

Except I was wrong - it's not Nabob, it's Maxwell House coffee. Here's a link (hopefully it works) to what I bring: http://www.kraftbrands.com/MaxwellHouseCoffee/our-brews/Convenience/Pages/Filter-Packs.aspx

It's not the coffee I would choose to use at home, but it works for Disney (and other hotels that brew yucky coffee).

The only good coffee I've found so far is in the Animal Kingdom near the Safaris, across from the gift shop. But I haven't searched around that much so I'm sure you've found better places.

I had a good laugh at this, as a Canadian drinking Nab -o-o-b :lmao:

I'll have to try a AK Safari coffee. For me anything other than Timmies is ick! :sick: Even the stuff I make at home, must be the 22% cream they use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter