Buying Aulani

None subsidized (although I should double check, they're all March UY). We weren't after that though, we were looking for best price per point in the amount and use year we wanted. We also wanted to use the points right away, not wait for a unicorn. Kids aren't getting younger, and the grandparents aren't getting younger! Now we have enough to go 10-14 days every year in a 2 BR and a 1BR.

None subsidized (although I should double check, they're all March UY). We weren't after that though, we were looking for best price per point in the amount and use year we wanted. We also wanted to use the points right away, not wait for a unicorn. Kids aren't getting younger, and the grandparents aren't getting younger! Now we have enough to go 10-14 days every year in a 2 BR and a 1BR.
#Goals

I’ve talked to my wife about going once the kids are out of the house (youngest is in 4th grade) and just working during the day (remote job).

What’s interesting is that we are March UY now because of Spring Break/Summer…. but if kids were gone we would be all about February…..

I need to make an offer, these are all my UY. And we need a lot of points at Aulani since we need 1BR. Aghhhh.
Did you make an offer and how many of these contracts are you targeting?

I have a 230p unsubsidized contract that I'm hoping to trade up to a 250-300p subsidized contract.

Reminder…we do not allow For Sale posts and that includes sharing links from business who are selling them as we have no way of knowing who that seller of that contract is.

#Goals

I’ve talked to my wife about going once the kids are out of the house (youngest is in 4th grade) and just working during the day (remote job).

What’s interesting is that we are March UY now because of Spring Break/Summer…. but if kids were gone we would be all about February…..
This was the last year we can do Feb/March.....too hard to keep yanking the kids out of school, so First two weeks of June will be the next trip.

We figure we have 6-8 more trips with the kids, then they'll be out of the house, or unable to go. Then we'll switch back to Jan/Feb and go for 3-4 weeks just ourselves. We ran into an older retired couple also DVC, they were on week 2 of 3! Sounds good to me!

This was the last year we can do Feb/March.....too hard to keep yanking the kids out of school, so First two weeks of June will be the next trip.

We figure we have 6-8 more trips with the kids, then they'll be out of the house, or unable to go. Then we'll switch back to Jan/Feb and go for 3-4 weeks just ourselves. We ran into an older retired couple also DVC, they were on week 2 of 3! Sounds good to me!
Yeah we are June/August people with the kids as well. They are in a very academic focused education system and there are just too many things that may happen (missed test or mid-term).

Of course, who knows what the point chart seasons will look like in the future.

Yeah we are June/August people with the kids as well. They are in a very academic focused education system and there are just too many things that may happen (missed test or mid-term).

Of course, who knows what the point chart seasons will look like in the future.
Saw your update on the $120pp subsidized Aulani contract -- congrats!!!

I was hoping for $110pp, and almost convinced my wife to purchase at $120pp given the fully loaded 500 points this year, but she vetoed at the last minute. So I'm continuing my patient hunt for a subsidized contract closer to my price target. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter