BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

I got the dreaded call this morning. As my One-Bedroom Boardwalk-View stay is the back half of a split-stay, I was offered to either stay at Copper Creek for the whole trip, for no additional points, or to be moved to a Garden/Pool View at Boardwalk and receive a $150.00 room credit. As all of my activities and dining reservations are centered on Crescent Lake for the second half of the trip, I chose to stay at Boardwalk and lose the Boardwalk view. I am bummed, of course, because I was looking forward to the newly refurbished room, and I've never managed a Boardwalk view before.

As to the delay, the one cause could be the kitchen cabinetry. Without the sink unit, in particular, none of the other trades can complete their work--the plumbers, the electricians, the countertop and tile folks, even the flooring people might be delayed. Since the baths in the studios are largely similar to the one bedrooms, except for the jetted tub replacement, it’s likely the kitchens that are the cause of the delay.
At this point I’m glad they didn’t want to charge you additional points.

Last edited:
I wonder whether the well-known, way-too-frequent BWV plumbing problems caused the delay, +/- the exterior painting and maybe balcony repairs. It’s possible that it wasn’t until they opened the walls that they could determine the extent of needed plumbing repair and replacement, and it’s taking longer than expected. No matter the cause, I’m sorry to hear of so many guests’ plans being disrupted.

We find the halls very quiet. I doubt that there are many guests here. Lots in the pool earlier today though!

I got the dreaded call this morning. As my One-Bedroom Boardwalk-View stay is the back half of a split-stay, I was offered to either stay at Copper Creek for the whole trip, for no additional points, or to be moved to a Garden/Pool View at Boardwalk and receive a $150.00 room credit. As all of my activities and dining reservations are centered on Crescent Lake for the second half of the trip, I chose to stay at Boardwalk and lose the Boardwalk view. I am bummed, of course, because I was looking forward to the newly refurbished room, and I've never managed a Boardwalk view before.

As to the delay, the one cause could be the kitchen cabinetry. Without the sink unit, in particular, none of the other trades can complete their work--the plumbers, the electricians, the countertop and tile folks, even the flooring people might be delayed. Since the baths in the studios are largely similar to the one bedrooms, except for the jetted tub replacement, its likely the kitchens that are the cause of the delay.
What about just not answering the phone when you see them on caller ID? 😂😜🚫☎️

As to the delay, the one cause could be the kitchen cabinetry. Without the sink unit, in particular, none of the other trades can complete their work--the plumbers, the electricians, the countertop and tile folks, even the flooring people might be delayed. Since the baths in the studios are largely similar to the one bedrooms, except for the jetted tub replacement, its likely the kitchens that are the cause of the delay.
What are the dates of your stay??
I have a Feb Reservation at BWV…
🤞🤞🤞

What are the dates of your stay??
I have a Feb Reservation at BWV…
🤞🤞🤞
I would think by February the BWV units would be finished. Of course, I thought he early December one was good to go… it does look like they have some painting going on inside the BWV units, although not seeing pants on fire activity.

That sounds like an interesting choice. I'd have such a hard time deciding!

I would demand a Polynesian bungalow or a Copper Creek cabin if I got the call.
I think that would be my starting bid.... if nothing else it would put the manager on his/her heels and let them know I mean business after they offered an accommodation at Saratoga.

A poster above mentioned that they were in the past refunded all their points and moved into a nicer room when their reservation was unable to be accommodated. That is the classy way to handle this.

Disney undoubtedly assumes that since these are timeshare owners they will have to put up with whatever they give them. The fact is that Disney was unwilling to deliver on the level of service expected is most distressing.

Last edited:
I agree. If this was one night I would be less upset. We are staying 3 nights and had planned on using the kitchen as we often do. I understand things can happen to a room and with the resort at full capacity it’s unavoidable. As of today still no resolution on the point issue. All I’m asking is for the difference from a 1 bed to a studio. Not trying to get it for free. I think that’s fair.
Wondering if your room at the Yacht club turned out ok after all?

I have a garden/pool view studio planned for late March. I am hopeful it goes through as I rented DVC points and would not even know where to begin if they wanted to move me around because its through someone else's DVC. Ugh.

I have a garden/pool view studio planned for late March. I am hopeful it goes through as I rented DVC points and would not even know where to begin if they wanted to move me around because its through someone else's DVC. Ugh.
You never know but I wouldn’t worry too much at this point. We’re in a similar boat - my checkin is about 2 weeks out. I think for both of us it is unlikely we are affected (>95%), but still possible (<5%).

Currently as BWV refurb phase 1 of 2 ended some rooms were held up longer than expected. Hopefully that experience helps them avoid whatever issue(s) caused this, so phase 2 of 2 can wrap up on schedule.

There’s just not much either of us can do at this point though. Accept the risk or move reservation. This late in the DVC game options to move resort are slim to none, and I can’t move my dates. I’m still excited to stay BWV and don’t want this small possibility upsetting that. We on this board are more prepared than most - we know not to answer the phone! Lol 🤣 And it seems the resort is trying to settle this before checkin day, so it’s less likely to be faced with this after we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter