BWV refurb is in full swing.

Well first night in the new rooms … a few quick notes:
Bed is comfortable
Lighting is good
No carpet gives illusion of roominess
Pull down bed is easy and appears to be much more comfortable than the old pull outs
Thermostat does not go below 68
No ceiling fan to assist with cooling
Didn’t use but not a fan of the ‘Alexa’ device in the rooms now (they listen)
1AM fireworks (unknown why)was a rude wake-up but might not be as rude for some as the 0530 start to the construction work still going on
Shower at 530 was just warm (pegged it to hot) but we found this to be an issue at AKL yesterday too in the very early hours (maybe Disney does something with the water heaters to conserve?)
Storage for suitcases under the bed although it did not fit our larger piece of luggage
Water has an extremely metallic taste be sure to use bottled water even when brushing teeth

Here for just one more day but feel free to ask any questions, be glad to help if we can!

Well first night in the new rooms … a few quick notes:
Bed is comfortable
Lighting is good
No carpet gives illusion of roominess
Pull down bed is easy and appears to be much more comfortable than the old pull outs
Thermostat does not go below 68
No ceiling fan to assist with cooling
Didn’t use but not a fan of the ‘Alexa’ device in the rooms now (they listen)
1AM fireworks (unknown why)was a rude wake-up but might not be as rude for some as the 0530 start to the construction work still going on
Shower at 530 was just warm (pegged it to hot) but we found this to be an issue at AKL yesterday too in the very early hours (maybe Disney does something with the water heaters to conserve?)
Storage for suitcases under the bed although it did not fit our larger piece of luggage
Water has an extremely metallic taste be sure to use bottled water even when brushing teeth

Here for just one more day but feel free to ask any questions, be glad to help if we can!
Thanks, what do you think of the new theming?

Here now. They are working on Cake place today. IIRC, they were working on it yesterday, too. Haven't checked to see what's happening with the BW refurb, but there are lots of workmen around, for sure.

1 am fireworks is almost certainly testing for the new show that begins on 12/5.

We are in a 1 bedroom SV. This room in good shape and very clean. I unplugged Hey Disney. We have hot water in showers, I didn't try to see how hot, but it defeats could go to 'burn'. We do have one outlet in kitchen that doesn't work. Found out when making coffee the first morning.

I really like EPCOT Forever, and hope new evening show will be a LOT better than Harmonious. Didn't much care for that one, at all.

12/2 (Sat) ETA: No work on Cake today. But other work must be happening. Saw several workers just before 7:30am

Last edited:
Here now. They are working on Cake place today. IIRC, they were working on it yesterday, too. Haven't checked to see what's happening with the BW refurb, but there are lots of workmen around, for sure.

1 am fireworks is almost certainly testing for the new show that begins on 12/5.

We are in a 1 bedroom SV. This room in good shape and very clean. I unplugged Hey Disney. We have hot water in showers, I didn't try to see how hot, but it defeats could go to 'burn'. We do have one outlet in kitchen that doesn't work. Found out when making coffee the first morning.

I really like EPCOT Forever, and hope new evening show will be a LOT better than Harmonious. Didn't much care for that one, at all.
I wish I were there too. I remember all of the years that we spent at BWV the week after Thanksgiving. The decorations are so lovely. Happy that you are able to enjoy it!!!!
ITA regarding Harmonious. We must not be the only ones who feel this way because it didn't last long.
I know that you will post here if you have any info regarding the status of the BW view wing refurbishing. You are undoubtedly as eager to see photos of a 1 bedroom as I am.
Hopefully the Cake place work will continue. Although I am not especially excited about the choice of Cake as the replacement for ESPN, having that huge empty space for all of this time is really a waste.
Also, if you see any action at the old Boardwalk to Go kiosk, will you please post? I will be interested to see how well the corn dog concept works.
Have a wonderful trip, Carol!

No action re corn dogs. I was hoping it would be open now. :(

Totally agree re ESPN vs Cake.

We were over there last night for a drink in bel vue lounge after doing Epcot. And also commented to each other what a waste it was to get rid of ESPN. Also wanted to mention the itsy bitsy gingerbread thing this year. So small. It took up the whole room in previous years. Kind of a sad little display.

We were over there last night for a drink in bel vue lounge after doing Epcot. And also commented to each other what a waste it was to get rid of ESPN. Also wanted to mention the itsy bitsy gingerbread thing this year. So small. It took up the whole room in previous years. Kind of a sad little display.
30 plus minutes to get a slice from the pizza window, deli was sold out of Reuben’s (by 830pm) and Al Forno was so overwhelmed tonight that they would not do any to go orders … it’s really not all that busy so somebody needs to pick their game up

30 plus minutes to get a slice from the pizza window, deli was sold out of Reuben’s (by 830pm) and Al Forno was so overwhelmed tonight that they would not do any to go orders … it’s really not all that busy so somebody needs to pick their game up
:( That's when it's time to walk (or boat) over to the Dolphin to Picabo. Or to BC to the Marketplace.

I wish I had thought of that …. came very close to ordering delivery from off site …. One thing I forgot to add is the Al Forno hostess explained that we could go next door to Abracadabar have a drink and order food to go WHICH HAPPENS TO COME FROM AL FORNO! WHAT??? So for the $25-$35 ‘surcharge’ we could indeed get some to go Forno food … Thanks Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter