BWV refurb is in full swing.

You are currently in a renovated Boardwalk view studio :confused: When did you check in and for how many days? That gives me so much hope as I am booked for a 10 day stay in a Boardwalk studio from 12/4 to 12/13 :love:I have been reading reports of people receiving calls from DVC that their reservations for their Boardwalk view rooms have to be moved because the rooms are not completely done :confused3 I have been holding my breath every time my phone rings as I am dreading that call :rolleyes1
I was worried same as you, but I checked in Saturday and have a Boardwalk view studio. Work is still happening on my floor. The grand villa on this floor in particular does not appear to be ready yet. I've seen very few guests, but quite a few workers. Nothing that should disturb anyone, no noise, more like fine tuning stuff.

On Saturday night, or early Sunday morning I awoke hearing and seeing what I now think was testing for the new Luminous at Epcot which starts tonight.

Someone JUST posted pics of a one bedroom on a FB group I’m in. I can’t find it now because I can’t remember what group it was. But I bet those pics will surface on here today!

Thanks for the heads up on FB. found some under DVC fan. Looks SO great. I will miss the jetted tubs, but I LOVE the look of this new big one. Kinda hard for a short person like me to step in/out, but so was the old one. Love the dual coffee pot (I won't have to drag my Keurig down there now, 1 less case.) Looking forward to trying the pull down bed. Disappointed to lose the ceiling fan. DH will not be pleased. We bring a small fan anyway, but that was for extra. Might need to pack a larger one now. DH likes carpet better than the floors, but I like the floors better.
Of course, my dream would've been that they add a second toilet/bathroom, not just the separate bathing areas, but I really didn't think that would happen.
ETA: did they get rid of the stupid window/opening by the tub? between the tub and the bedroom?!? yay!!

Looking very forward to our stay next October in our 1 bedroom standard!!

Last edited:
View attachment 815732View attachment 815733View attachment 815734
Again credit Erin Roof in the DVC Fan Facebook group.
Thanks so much for the pictures! Overall the room looks really nice. As always it's hard to please everyone. I see a few things I would have done differently like adding another towel bar behind the door in the shower room. I have to say I was happy to see two on the wall outside of the shower but another could have gone on the blank wall closer to the sink. I don't have a problem using towels twice as long as I can hang them to dry.

I think the sink in the tub room looks very nice, but I will miss the doors on the lower sections on either side of the cabinet, that was a good place to hide all our miscellaneous bathroom stuff. It looks like they did close the window between the bedroom and the bathroom, that will make many happy.

I was very happy to see the one level kitchen counter and the bench seat against the wall behind the table. I will miss the end table next to the sofa and I will really miss the ceiling fan in the bedroom. To me that is a very big miss on the part of Disney. Not sure what brainiac decided on that change but IMHO it was a big mistake if they were going for their guests' comfort.

i wonder why they didn't add it? i though it would be a sure thing
They cannot do it in lock-off 1BRs. The doors that separate the 1BR from the studio are in the living room on the side of the living room where the cabinet with the extra Murphy bed would go (you can see that door to the left in one of the photos above of the living room). The problem is that those cabinets with the extra Murphy bed you find at other DVC resorts are too long to fit between the kitchen barrier wall and the door.

They cannot do it in lock-off 1BRs. The doors that separate the 1BR from the studio are in the living room on the side of the living room where the cabinet with the extra Murphy bed would go (you can see that door to the left in one of the photos above of the living room). The problem is that those cabinets with the extra Murphy bed you find at other DVC resorts are too long to fit between the kitchen barrier wall and the door.
got it, thank you for the information! so the room layout does not allow for the extra bed. could they put in a pull-out side chair? they have them in the Disneyland Hotel

I also wish they'd put in the sleeper chair, bummer. we've never had 5 except once, but would still be a nice option, but we know we can always bring the extra bedding.
DH is sad to lose the long shelf in the bathroom, but at least there is under the sink storage.

I also wish they'd put in the sleeper chair, bummer. we've never had 5 except once, but would still be a nice option, but we know we can always bring the extra bedding.
DH is sad to lose the long shelf in the bathroom, but at least there is under the sink storage.
i said the same thing about the bathroom shelf...will miss that type of storage

The refreshed look is quite nice! Murphy bed styling looks similar to RIV. Really appreciate those counter stools as well.

Really looking forward to our std 1-bd stay in May.

got it, thank you for the information! so the room layout does not allow for the extra bed. could they put in a pull-out side chair? they have them in the Disneyland Hotel
They also have those in the 1BR living rooms of some of the WDW resorts. At BWV, The living room is not large enough to add such a chair. If they were to put one of those on the TV side of the living room where the door is, it would block the door. Moreover, the bed could not be pulled out from there because it would be blocked by the wall Murphy bed over the couch when it is pulled out. From the photos provided above, you can also see that there is definitely not enough room for one on the other side of the room where the couch/Murphy bed sits.

I’ve commented on the new rooms in the main BWV thread, but I just now noticed the separate chair and end table are missing from the living room. I’m sad about that, but based on experience with the sofas at SSR, we’ll be able to sit and read on the couch without sliding onto the floor!

They also have those in the 1BR living rooms of some of the WDW resorts. At BWV, The living room is not large enough to add such a chair. If they were to put one of those on the TV side of the living room where the door is, it would block the door. Moreover, the bed could not be pulled out from there because it would be blocked by the wall Murphy bed over the couch when it is pulled out. From the photos provided above, you can also see that there is definitely not enough room for one on the other side of the room where the couch/Murphy bed sits.
those chairs really come in handy. i guess i have forgotten the about limited space since my last visit. 😁 🛏 well, no fifth sleeper but the rooms look really nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter