Cabins in Loop 100?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
When I recently read about the cabins, there was a mention of a few cabins that were up in loop 100. Are there really? We've stayed in the cabins 4 times-way back in 1987, 1989,1992, and 2003. In the 80s and 90s, they were the trailer homes at Fort Wilderness. I don't remember any ones being in Loop 100. If there are a few there (how many?), how are they different? When you reserve, are those for anyone, or just for certain situations (handicapped, dignitaries, cast members?)

There are 2 cabins in 100 loop. They are very hard to get, just luck of the draw. I’ve heard they are used for VIPs but some families have lucked into them too.

They were originally VIP as @proudmomof4 said but they have been given out to 'ordinary' guests on rare past occasions.

That hasn't occurred often since they are in a prime location, they would be requested 24x7 so getting one is as rare as pixie dust.
:tinker:

They are the same inside as the cabins in the cabin loops; the only difference is that the front doors of the two cabins face each other with a shared, common, nice sitting area/fire pit patio between them IIRC. The regular cabins sit back-to-back with with their doors on the left side of the cabin facing the deck.

The two cabins in loop 100 are due to be replaced in the next 18 months to the DVC FW cabins (noted as CFW) so in the future they may only be available to CFW guests. But for the short future, they are still there.

It can't hurt to ask but don't count on it.

Bama Ed

It will be interesting to see if those cabins are used as the 'models' since they're close to the boat dock & a bus stop for prospective buyers. Also close to Pioneer Hall and Trails End as far as viewing the 'amenities' go.

Kinda hope not since it could make the 100 loop very busy, traffic wise.

It will be interesting to see if those cabins are used as the 'models' since they're close to the boat dock & a bus stop for prospective buyers. Also close to Pioneer Hall and Trails End as far as viewing the 'amenities' go.

From a marketing PoV, it would make tons of sense to use the 100 loop cabins as the models but it lends a false premise that CFW is not only convertible but CONVENIENT to other resort assets like the new :crazy2: TE, boat and bus transport to MK, HDDR, and who knows what else.

The CFW will be somewhat ISOLATED back in a corner of the Fort. For some people, that's a good thing. For others, not so much. 2200 and 2300 may be in high demand since they're close to 2100 and 1100 which more more the "main stream" of the Fort vibe.

My two cents.

Ed

Are we the only ones thinking a DVC at the cabins would be a great option when having family/friends/guests vacation with us that wont fit in the RV?

Are we the only one who can't afford that option without selling the RV? :(

Are we the only ones thinking a DVC at the cabins would be a great option when having family/friends/guests vacation with us that wont fit in the RV?

Are we the only one who can't afford that option without selling the RV? :(

Your friends could reserve their own site and rent a trailer or rv, couldnt they @mco65?

Still cheaper than a cash cabin night or renting points IMO.

Bama Ed

Kinda hope not since it could make the 100 loop very busy, traffic wise.
Its been "a minute" since I've posted here, but thought it was time for me to jump back in to the fray...

Anyway, regarding the "cabin" models... I bet they will place one over in the area between the Settlement bus stop and Pioneer Hall... If you have been going to the Fort for any length of time, you will remember that back several years ago, they used to park a trailer that had a deck for viewing the inside. The last one that was parked there had the door removed and a plexiglass panel was installed for the viewing public.

If you think about it, this would be a great place to showcase the cabins... There once was/still is a DVC stand just outside Pioneer Hall, and you have alot of "non-campers" that show up nightly for the Hoop-De-Do... Captive audience so to speak....

Here is a couple of pics that I took a couple of years ago while there... Disney had begun cleaning out this area at the time, and I wondered what they were up to...

wQXzvK3.jpg

imxQYiX.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter