Cafe Orleans Menu Changes

While the topic is Pommes Frites... do you think they would let me get a couple orders as take-out? Or does another restaurant serve them? My kids probably wouldn't like the adult menu so it isn't worth taking the whole family in for a meal.

You can get them at Red Rose Tavern. They serve the SAME fries with the parmesan, garlic, herbs there as the side dish for all the burgers. Just no remoulade sauce.

I'm sorry for the disappointed crepe lovers here, but gotta say I do like the look of the new menu. We eat at Cafe Orleans just about every trip. I'm getting hungry just thinking about the stuff I just looked at on the menu. Give me one of those lobster salads right this minute!

popcorn::

I loved nothing more then having Pomme Frites and a French Onion soup here of a lunch. At least the Pomme Frites are still there but will miss my combo!

My husband will be happy as long as his beloved gumbo is there.

I was just going to make a post about this. I am super disappointed. We always eat there once and get the Monte Cristo, but this time we were going to eat there twice (the Pomme Frites are my daughter's favorite item in the park) and for my second meal I was so excited to try the French Onion soup and get the banana crepe for dessert. I really wanted that banana crepe. So sad...

While the topic is Pommes Frites... do you think they would let me get a couple orders as take-out? Or does another restaurant serve them? My kids probably wouldn't like the adult menu so it isn't worth taking the whole family in for a meal.
In general, DLR table service locations won't do the typical take out (i.e., go to the podium, place an order, and then take the food). You can (usually) be seated, place an order, and then ask for a left over/to go box and pack up the food after it's been brought to the table.

You can get them at Red Rose Tavern. They serve the SAME fries with the parmesan, garlic, herbs there as the side dish for all the burgers. Just no remoulade sauce.
But the remoulade sauce is the key! :rotfl: As DLgal said, you can get the Pommes Frites at the Red Rose Tavern as a side to some of the dishes. I found they were a little more hit or miss about the distribution of the cheese and garlic compared to Cafe Orleans, but that's probably a minor issue. It's a good alternative if you don't want to eat at Cafe Orleans.

Nope. Can the kids eat off the kids menu? Even if they are older, they can order (you get a larger portion, little bit higher price.) My 28yo daughter does this with their Mac and Cheese.

In Paris pomme frites are what Americans would call french fries. They are served everywhere and I never noticed them called anything else on a menu, or carte to be correct.

Well, all of the items I plan on getting next week are still there. But I know that feeling when they remove a favorite menu item. Happens at WDW a lot. Can definitely share in that misery. :(

Agreed! It's a really stupid move. Now the only vegetarian option is the cheese monte cristo, which may not be appealing to some people since it's quite heavy.

Agree. I'm vegetarian and I liked the cheese monte cristo - a lot, but it's too heavy for me to eat the whole thing.

I can see the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich not being a big seller. We will be there in a few weeks, with the Fantasmic package. Looking forward to the new menu.

To go back to Pommes Frites, I asked my friend and she said that while this way of calling fries might be regional, it's not something she ever used in France (she's from Brittany and lived in Paris a few years) or heard. In fact, for her Pommes Frites are fried mashed potatoes balls!?!? I'm thinking that Pommes Frites comes from a chef in the USA that decided to give a fancy name to his Belgian-type fries to make them more attractive to his customers so they could charge more... ;)

Last post about Pommes Frites, I swear!

To go back to Pommes Frites, I asked my friend and she said that while this way of calling fries might be regional, it's not something she ever used in France (she's from Brittany and lived in Paris a few years) or heard. In fact, for her Pommes Frites are fried mashed potatoes balls!?!? I'm thinking that Pommes Frites comes from a chef in the USA that decided to give a fancy name to his Belgian-type fries to make them more attractive to his customers so they could charge more... ;)

Last post about Pommes Frites, I swear!
Ok :) Let's just reality check for a moment and you might feel better: this isn't supposed to be a French Restaurant. It's New Orleans inspired so everything is supposed to be off from "French" somewhat. (Unfortunately that has led to the demolition of my crepes but I've already stated my gripe on that one!)

Ok :) Let's just reality check for a moment and you might feel better: this isn't supposed to be a French Restaurant. It's New Orleans inspired so everything is supposed to be off from "French" somewhat. (Unfortunately that has led to the demolition of my crepes but I've already stated my gripe on that one!)

From the name of the restaurant I assumed it was more creole. ;) You know that it's SUPER easy to make homemade crêpes?!? In fact, I still haven't successfully made pancakes without ruining them but crêpes are a staple in my house. We make them savoury or sweet depending on the filling. All you need is flour, milk, eggs and butter. I can send you my recipe if you're interested.

But I'm with you about restaurants removing a favourite item from their menu.

From the name of the restaurant I assumed it was more creole. ;) You know that it's SUPER easy to make homemade crêpes?!? In fact, I still haven't successfully made pancakes without ruining them but crêpes are a staple in my house. We make them savoury or sweet depending on the filling. All you need is flour, milk, eggs and butter. I can send you my recipe if you're interested.

They are a weekend staple in my house too. The kids call them "flat pancakes"

DM'd you!

Sorry to bring back an older thread......but...

SO SAD about the French Onion soup! I really enjoyed that last December.

Just had to add my two cents

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter