Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

At the rate they have been going, they still have six months or more to go. If the step things up, they might get the building done in a couple months... But often they spend as much time on the finishing touches and decorations as they do the general building.

I do get there needs to be training for these management positions, maybe bring these people up to work at one or more of the operational restaurants for a few months?

Update on the Cake Bake Shop:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the...ake-bake-shop-at-disneys-boardwalk-resort.htm

I don't think it's going to make it's opening date of early 2024!
I wonder if they will be doing training at the big bakery facility they built in Orlando. That could be why they are doing some hiring so far ahead of time. My understanding is that the baked goods will be made at the offsite bakery and only the savory items will be made at the restaurant. They are also supposed to be doing mail orders from the offsite bakery, so that could be up and running independently of the restaurant.

I was in the Broad Ripple Cake Bake today and I asked why the Boardwalk location was taking so long to complete. The employee I spoke with said that he heard it was problems with contractors.

I was in the Broad Ripple Cake Bake today and I asked why the Boardwalk location was taking so long to complete. The employee I spoke with said that he heard it was problems with contractors.
I wonder if there are issues with a lack of construction laborers. I thought a new law went into affect recently in Florida related to immigration. There was speculation that it could hurt construction.

They have definitely been working on it all winter and are making progress. They’ve framed the new entrance and added windows on the top stories. View attachment 831214
Thanks for post this picture, I was going to post the same photo. I was very happy to see them working on this location this week. Hopefully it continues. Maybe it will be open by Jan 2025, I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter