California DVC Owners Group

Thank you and to you, also!!

Hubby and I are enjoying a lovely 3BR Penthouse unit at Worldmark Oceanside this weekend. We brought our OneWheel boards and rode the beach yesterday down to the pier. Topped off with lunch at Ruby's (end of the pier) and later grilled a fantastic chicken and asparagus dinner using the gas grill on the unit's patio.

Sure, we'd love to be at the Grand Cal ... but this is simply a.w.e.s.o.m.e. Hope all are enjoying a truly love-ly weekend!

Thanks for the review I'm going to have to check out Oceanside sometime. I picked up a WorldMark contract a few years back mostly so I would have access to the Kihei property near my folks house and Monterey for a close getaway for us when I need to be near the ocean. Haven't stayed in Monterey one yet (first booking there got cancelled last April) but we did like the Kihei property, the main Anaheim location, and Mission Valley so far. I keep thinking of letting go of the contract but I do like all of the properties I've stayed at.

Thanks for the review I'm going to have to check out Oceanside sometime. I picked up a WorldMark contract a few years back mostly so I would have access to the Kihei property near my folks house and Monterey for a close getaway for us when I need to be near the ocean. Haven't stayed in Monterey one yet (first booking there got cancelled last April) but we did like the Kihei property, the main Anaheim location, and Mission Valley so far. I keep thinking of letting go of the contract but I do like all of the properties I've stayed at.
WM Marina Dunes (Monterey) is a tough reservation to snag! So sorry to hear you lost that reservation in the shutdown! Bummer, indeed.

Our only stay was in May 2002 as part of a coastal road trip from San Diego to Vancouver and back. Our northbound travel included stays at: WM Marina Dunes, WM Clear Lake, Eagle Crest units at Running Y (the higher end units; now designated by the jetted tub), WM Gleneden, WM Mariner Village, WM the Canadian. The southbound trip visited: WM Surfside Inn, WM Schooner Landing, WM Running Y (the main building), WM Angel's Camp (timed perfectly for the Calaveras County Fair and Frog Jump!!), and WM Pismo Beach. It was a really great 'tour'!!

Glad to know you enjoyed WM Kihei. Haven't visited that one yet ... but did spend some time on the beach at WM Valley Isle (Lahaina) on a short visit to Maui in 2016.

I can't imagine letting go of our WM! Our reservation history shows some 155 completed reservations and still going strong! :)

Last edited:
WM Marina Dunes (Monterey) is a tough reservation to snag! So sorry to hear you lost that reservation in the shutdown! Bummer, indeed.

Our only stay was in May 2002 as part of a coastal road trip from San Diego to Vancouver and back. Our northbound travel included stays at: WM Marina Dunes, WM Clear Lake, Eagle Crest units at Running Y (the higher end units; now designated by the jetted tub), WM Gleneden, WM Mariner Village, WM the Canadian. The southbound trip visited: WM Surfside Inn, WM Schooner Landing, WM Running Y (the main building), WM Angel's Camp (timed perfectly for the Calaveras County Fair and Frog Jump!!), and WM Pismo Beach. It was a really great 'tour'!!

Glad to know you enjoyed WM Kihei. Haven't visited that one yet ... but did spend some time on the beach at WM Valley Isle (Lahaina) on a short visit to Maui in 2016.

I can't imagine letting go of our WM! Our reservation history shows some 155 completed reservations and still going strong! :)
Both Monterey and the Kihei properties are really hard to get, especially since I don't plan those 13 months out, but I've had great luck with waitlists with Worldmark. Definitely more consistent matches than I get with VGC! It helps that those two properties I can usually be flexible with my dates.

I'd forgotten about the Canadian! I stayed there pre-cruise a few years ago when the hotels closer to port were too high for my price range, we absolutely loved that property! We even met some WM owners on our cruise before we sailed. Won't be cruising again for several years even if there wasn't a pandemic, but my friends and I have talked about doing a Vancouver/Victoria WM trip we enjoyed that location so much, and its not difficult to get to for a long weekend getaway. I guess I should keep the contract ...

Last edited:
Hello everyone and happy Monday! I just wanted to share that the DLR AP holder discount is stackable with the one for DVC, or at least I was able to plus there's also a sale going on of 30-40% off eligible items. The code for DVC is DVC25. The one for AP holders should've been emailed to you. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I ordered a few Alex and Ani bracelets that were on sale so got the extra discount on those. Also ordered a Dooney that wasn't on sale but was able to was able to get a great discount due to the DVC/AP offers. 😁

Wow, that's great news! I jumped on the DVC website to book a couple night in a two bedroom. I knew there wouldn't be availability and almost wait-listed, but I felt guilty and decided not to because I'm sure there are a lot of VGC owners who have had their reservations cancelled over the last year. I would love a short staycation and would be more than happy just to be able to laze around by the pool or hang out in DTD, but owners should have first crack. Besides, I already have a WDW trip coming up in September. VGC can wait until '22 and parks are open. Congratulations to VGC owners!

So excited for the news! I have a July reservation for the anniversary (and had 2 days waitlisted that actually came through last night to make it a 4 night reservation now). And I booked for a couple nights in November. Now for this all to actually happen!

I was tempted to go until seeing the ticket price! 🤑🤑 All this time away from Disney has apparently made me cheap! 😆
LOLOL...yes, we get "used" to spending at Disney, but then with Covid restrictions I'm not used to spending money as easily anywhere!

I just bought 7-day park hoppers for WDW at $685 per person. I almost fainted. Wasn't that the cost of Gold Pass?:oops::oops::oops:

I just bought 7-day park hoppers for WDW at $685 per person. I almost fainted. Wasn't that the cost of Gold Pass?:oops::oops::oops:

Yes, so insane! Plus the last time we bought WDW APs was the Platinum plus for Gold price DVC deal which isn’t helping me either. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We have a family trip planned to WDW this December, and I just haven’t been able to buy tickets yet. I’m really hoping they start selling APs to everyone again, or I might cancel and just head to Aulani again!!😤😤

Yes, so insane! Plus the last time we bought WDW APs was the Platinum plus for Gold price DVC deal which isn’t helping me either. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We have a family trip planned to WDW this December, and I just haven’t been able to buy tickets yet. I’m really hoping they start selling APs to everyone again, or I might cancel and just head to Aulani again!!😤😤
That was a sweet deal! I had purchased park hoppers via a third party authorized ticket reseller then upgraded platinum AP at guest relations who bridged the discount.

LOLOL...yes, we get "used" to spending at Disney, but then with Covid restrictions I'm not used to spending money as easily anywhere!

Renewal of the gold pass was $650. I think new passes were around $750. I just renewed my Premier pass to the DVC gold pass for when my Premier expires on 3/31. I had looked at tickets for my March trip a few months ago and could not get over the price. I was really hoping the Premier would get extended to cover my dates and it did. And then got the DVC gold for my September trip (and next March).

Omg, I'm so excited! Who's going? Or going to make an attempt to go? I'm thinking reservations may be hard to come by due to demand.
We'll be trying for Easter weekend tickets on March 4. We've been wanting a food festival of some variety since the closure (our next trip planned was last year's April food festival). After seeing the menus I'm not as excited as I was, and between the grandparents wanting to take the kids skiing/distance learning schedules/our work schedules we're threading a needle as to the dates we could go, so if we can't get one of the two days remaining we might end up passing.

We'll be trying for Easter weekend tickets on March 4. We've been wanting a food festival of some variety since the closure (our next trip planned was last year's April food festival). After seeing the menus I'm not as excited as I was, and between the grandparents wanting to take the kids skiing/distance learning schedules/our work schedules we're threading a needle as to the dates we could go, so if we can't get one of the two days remaining we might end up passing.

Yeah, I hear you on that one. My kids are all adults with jobs (thankfully!), so our schedules don't always mesh. We're all chomping at the bit to go, but trying to coordinate a date is going to be nearly impossible, plus no guarantee I'd even be able to get a reservation due to the demand. If trying to secure a date is anything like attempting to book Moonlight Magic, then I don't have high hopes. ;)

Does this sound right/logical?
I'm thinking there won't be Annual passes for quite some time. With the October. 2021-March, 2023 (18 month) 50th Anniversary celebration going on I'm guessing no Annuals until 2022....but that's just a guess!

The buy four days get two days free ends in September. I asked the ticketing cast member if she thought they'd extend it. But then I said...waiiit, they probably won't since the 50th starts October. She went from "they maaaay extend" to "you're right, they probably won't!" *insert sad face*

Called Monday but didn't wait for expected 90 minute hold time. Tried again yesterday through a 70 minute hold time. I asked if the wait time was typical and she said they have been slammed since reopening! SO many of us all chomping at the bit to get back!

Does this sound right/logical?
I'm thinking there won't be Annual passes for quite some time. With the October. 2021-March, 2023 (18 month) 50th Anniversary celebration going on I'm guessing no Annuals until 2022....but that's just a guess!

The buy four days get two days free ends in September. I asked the ticketing cast member if she thought they'd extend it. But then I said...waiiit, they probably won't since the 50th starts October. She went from "they maaaay extend" to "you're right, they probably won't!" *insert sad face*

Called Monday but didn't wait for expected 90 minute hold time. Tried again yesterday through a 70 minute hold time. I asked if the wait time was typical and she said they have been slammed since reopening! SO many of us all chomping at the bit to get back!

Yeah, I just don’t know what to think since they are technically currently allowing AP renewals/repurchases at WDW. It truthfully rubs me the wrong way that they’re only allowing some to buy APs. We were a bit heartsick when DLR completely ended our AP program, but at least it makes sense and is fair for all.

It makes me a bit hopeful that they’ll bring APs back in the not-too-distant future since it’s Florida, and it seems Florida has been trying to zoom back to normal for quite some time. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I surely hope it’s not 2022 or later. 😰 I’m fine with the reservations and somewhat limited park hopping, but let me buy my APs too!!! I really will ditch my planned WDW trips and spend more time at Aulani with my 2021/2022 points.

And goodness!! Those waits are outrageous. 😱😱 I’m hoping they’ll do what they said with my VGC points from a canceled reservation a couple weeks ago because I really don’t want to sit on hold that long. They unfortunately can’t address it via chat or email either...🤦🏼‍♀️

Finally got email today from DLR regarding the cancellation of our Flex APs purchased in June 2019. The email said processing would still take ~2 weeks. Glad to know our "legacy APs" hadn't fallen through the cracks somewhere.

Edited to add: Spent 55 minutes on hold today waiting to reach DVC regarding the email I received today regarding a reservation cancelled by Disney. Now, I know which reservation (an April reservation at the Grand Cal) ... but why can't their communication include basic, useful, identifying information?!? Unfortunately, I had created a waitlist that referenced the April reservation's points ... so I felt the need to phone in, endure the miserable hold time, speak with an (excellent!) rep, and get things straightened out. In all, the call was worthwhile ... the rep was truly that good.

And goodness!! Those waits are outrageous. 😱😱 I’m hoping they’ll do what they said with my VGC points from a canceled reservation a couple weeks ago because I really don’t want to sit on hold that long. They unfortunately can’t address it via chat or email either...🤦🏼‍♀️
I think you'll be fine on phone with DVC. My long waits were with WDW Ticketing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter