• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California DVC Owners Group

I do wish they give a way forward for DVC at VGC for existing passholders. You're already paying a premium on both the DVC and AP and products tie into each other pretty significantly. Something like current DVC owners with existing AP with restrictions would be appropriate on par with WDW DVC....With VGC small size anyways, the impact even at 25% capacity will be small.

I can foresee DLR limited to DLR hotel when at 25% capacity and select neighborhood friendly hotels. And perhaps a limited amount of local zipcode tickets

I never thought I’d see an AP not offered. Then again I never thought I’d see DL shutdown for a year.

Really goes to show you that once you’re in they really got you buy the...uhhh...wallet. They really should work out dvc passes if only for vgc home owners...and then they’ll charge $350 a point direct if that’s the only way to get one!:ssst:

re: Cancelling the AP program
Well isn't that interesting?!? That immediately erases a large block of merchandise and dining discounts.

Am I being silly to assure myself, "Phew! At least we still have our DVC discounts on merchandise and dining!" or might Potrock also remove all discounts to create a more level playing field ... ? Hmm. Wait, watch and see, I s'pose.

I'm so sad to hear we are all losing our annual passes! I mean, I get it, but I'm still so sad!

And this is going to get pricey! I just bought 260 more Grand Cal DVC points 😱

Has your Premier pass extended to the 3/31 date in MDE yet? Mine still shows 2/6 and I would really like to make early March park reservations. I heard I can call. I guess I will renew to the DVC Gold annual pass since I am planning for Sept/Oct too.

I'm so sad to hear we are all losing our annual passes! I mean, I get it, but I'm still so sad!

And this is going to get pricey! I just bought 260 more Grand Cal DVC points 😱

Receiving the email definitely took the wind out of my sails... we are very local and have had our APs for years. It actually makes me want to sell most of my VGC points. 😢

re: Cancelling the AP program
Well isn't that interesting?!? That immediately erases a large block of merchandise and dining discounts.

Here’s an excerpt from the email:

“Annual Passholders who held active Passports as of March 14, 2020 will continue to receive applicable discounts, based on their Passport type, on merchandise and food & beverages at select Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street locations, until new membership offerings are announced. As an added benefit, starting January 18 through February 25, 2021, these Passholders will receive a 30% discount on select merchandise at select locations in Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street, Monday through Thursday.”

Has your Premier pass extended to the 3/31 date in MDE yet? Mine still shows 2/6 and I would really like to make early March park reservations. I heard I can call. I guess I will renew to the DVC Gold annual pass since I am planning for Sept/Oct too.
Mine shows expiration of 8/16/21, I had a full 13 months (long story) beginning 3/15/20. I suspect this will take a phone call or two or three.

Edited: I just looked on DL App, that one shows expiration on 4/13/21 which I assume is my original expiration date.

Mine shows expiration of 8/16/21, I had a full 13 months (long story) beginning 3/15/20. I suspect this will take a phone call or two or three.

Edited: I just looked on DL App, that one shows expiration on 4/13/21 which I assume is my original expiration date.

My pass should have expired about 2 weeks into the lockdown (around 3/26 or 3/28 - don't have the pass right in front of me). My pass has been gone from the DL app since like May of last year. For the WDW app, it disappeared around late May there too. And then showed back up in June with the extended date. And then it kept getting extended out each month. And now has been at 2/6/21 for about a month or so. Will give it another day or two and will then call the WDW AP line to see if I can get some help.

Hello to my California neighbors! I hope everyone is hanging in there and safe with everything going on out here. 😊

I know the news of cancellation of the current AP program has hit us hard. I miss my happy place more than I thought I ever would when they first closed. Never would I have imagined that we’d be closing in on a year of not walking through the gates of our beloved Disneyland. But chin up everyone and let’s see what Disney comes up with. As much as I love WDW, my hope is to go back home before our trip to Orlando in September. 💕

Does anyone think that DVC members will get an edge over other guests when Disneyland reopens? I had a flex pass because I would travel to DL sometimes when I attended a conference in/near Anaheim. Prior to COVID, I had purchased park tickets for my husband and our son, and didn't worry about buying a ticket for myself because I had a flex pass. When DL closed down, I chose to keep my flex pass and chose to keep my husband and our's son's park tickets because I didn't think at the time that this would last as long as it has. But now I don't know what to expect when DL finally opens. We have a reservation for VGC for May (which will likely be canceled) and another reservation in October. But if they aren't going to sell new tickets, I'm not sure how we are are going to be able to go since I don't have a ticket.

I randomly saw tickets at Target just a few weeks ago. I was surprised- a whole wall of 2 day hoppers. This is in AZ though. My guess is someone found them and just put them out.

My guess (hope) is people with hotel stays will be prioritized, including VGC. The hotels are small enough that even with a reduced capacity, it seems like they could accommodate everyone.

I have two reservations for April (only planning on keeping one. My daughters dance competition at LAX got switched from March to April, the original dates, but I think it might get cancelled so I’m keeping both, let’s be real, those will be cancelled too I’m sure), Memorial Day and mid September.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Disneyland is going to replace the annual passholder program with. I hope they will announce something sooner rather than later. I really am excited to get back (safely) into the parks.

My other hope is that DTD gets a Gideon's Bakehouse! That place looks absolutely phenomenal for the cookie freak!

I do wish they give a way forward for DVC at VGC for existing passholders. You're already paying a premium on both the DVC and AP and products tie into each other pretty significantly. Something like current DVC owners with existing AP with restrictions would be appropriate on par with WDW DVC....With VGC small size anyways, the impact even at 25% capacity will be small.

I can foresee DLR limited to DLR hotel when at 25% capacity and select neighborhood friendly hotels. And perhaps a limited amount of local zipcode tickets
The problem with this is there are a lot of owners (such as us) that are locals, so no matter what it is problematic.

Does anyone think that DVC members will get an edge over other guests when Disneyland reopens? I had a flex pass because I would travel to DL sometimes when I attended a conference in/near Anaheim. Prior to COVID, I had purchased park tickets for my husband and our son, and didn't worry about buying a ticket for myself because I had a flex pass. When DL closed down, I chose to keep my flex pass and chose to keep my husband and our's son's park tickets because I didn't think at the time that this would last as long as it has. But now I don't know what to expect when DL finally opens. We have a reservation for VGC for May (which will likely be canceled) and another reservation in October. But if they aren't going to sell new tickets, I'm not sure how we are are going to be able to go since I don't have a ticket.
I think all onsite guests will get an edge, but not specifically DVC.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Disneyland is going to replace the annual passholder program with. I hope they will announce something sooner rather than later. I really am excited to get back (safely) into the parks.

My other hope is that DTD gets a Gideon's Bakehouse! That place looks absolutely phenomenal for the cookie freak!
I would imagine it will be at least another year before anything is announced to replace the passholder program unless the parks don't get anywhere near the limited capacity when they reopen.

I would imagine it will be at least another year before anything is announced to replace the passholder program unless the parks don't get anywhere near the limited capacity when they reopen.
Agreed. I think they demand will still be more than capacity allowed for a good while.

I currently have two reservations for VGC - one is the end of May and the other one is in October. Some of the points will expire this year (I banked them from last year). What are the chances that VGC and/or DL will be open the end of May? I'm thinking it's pretty slim right now and I don't know if I should just change our reservation in October for a 1 bedroom instead of a studio.

I currently have two reservations for VGC - one is the end of May and the other one is in October. Some of the points will expire this year (I banked them from last year). What are the chances that VGC and/or DL will be open the end of May? I'm thinking it's pretty slim right now and I don't know if I should just change our reservation in October for a 1 bedroom instead of a studio.
I'm in the same boat. I am feeling like DL won't be open. I give VGC 50/50- but that is literally just a guess, lol. Maybe someone else has better insight- or guesses!

My magic eightball says it'll be memorial weekend as that's our next ressie 😛

July 4th would be the more likely one.

The new cases are finally trending lower. Minimum two months to work through the current tier system under ideal conditions. And haven't even come close to smelling getting out of purple let alone this surge.....but one has to hope and plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter