Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to wish everyone a "Magic"al sailing and can't wait to meet all my fellow DISer's at Grills, Thanks Andy for the invite!

Verandah Man said:
This will be us in just five more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-15.jpg

I see the pic and keep thinking, Hey COME BACK, Let me on NOW

...I booked this cruise in September 2004 without ever having been on a Disney cruise. We had booked the 14 night August repo cruise in April 2004. We loved the repo and this will be our 2nd DCL cruise. We cruised on Holland America to Alaska about 10 years ago...the scenery and excursions were fantastic...the cruise was nothing compared to DCL. We have an RCCL cruise booked this spring break (cost is more than $4000 less than DCL :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: for same itinerary). I desperately wanted to go on a Med cruise, but couldn't justify the price and didn't want to miss two weeks of my summer in the Pacific NW. We booked the 12/15/2007 cruise instead hoping my kids won't be in school that whole week. Won't know their schedule until Spring of 2007.

There will be nine of us on this cruise me46, DH41, DS12, DS9, my sister 51, my other sister 44, her DH43, DD12, and DS6.

I stress just writing this post since my husband and I are not the most social people in the world. We are fine one-on-one with anyone, but groups of people are intimidating. Anyway...my rambling point is...we would love to meet and talk with many of you but probably won't if you don't approach us. It is just not in our nature to approach people we don't know. So...if you see a family wearing matching tie-dye shirts...that will be us...Anna, Curtis, Lucas, and Trevor. Please say Hi! My kids don't have the social shyness my husband and I do, but probably suffer anyway because we don't pursue contact with others.

Suggested conversation topics are cruising (a no brainer), gardening, the Pacific NW, Seattle, Hawaii, snorkeling, underwater photography, magnetic door signs, raising boys, the Seahawks, TiVo, WDW, DL, etc. Thanks in advance to those who assist the socially disadvantaged. Don't be scared off by our sickly, pale skin...it is a common condition in the Pacific Northwest....and isn't contagious.

Also, please stop by cabin 6112. We will have some door magnets to give away...

The last five weeks before our cruise are going to go by really fast....I just made reservations to spend the next two weeks in Tallahassee and Texas on business. When I get back, we'll have less than three weeks to wait. This will be the first time in 7 years I've had to travel on business. This will be the first time I've had to travel on business since my kids were born when they didn't come with me (my husband and I work for a great company that managed to find projects for both of us when we needed to travel so the whole family went together). I work for the same company Dori does...IT industry. I have mixed emotions to be traveling without them...it will be strange not having any family responsibilities...but I will miss them.

Enough rambling...I've got to get back out to the garden and make a dent in the weeds. I've been inside for the past two hours avoiding the sun... wouldn't want to add any color to my ghostly epidermis. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

....after rambling through my previous post....I'll get to what I really came to the disboards to say....

We recently cancelled our Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel. Seven of us were going to go on Fury while my sister's DH and DD12 went to Tulum. After researching, I realized the excursion wouldn't satisfy either the snorkelers or the beach lovers in our group. My husband and I are doing the 3 reef snorkel with Eagle Ray Divers instead. Tour leaves at 9am and returns at 3pm. Everybody else is doing the Cozumel Beach Break. Let us know if anybody else is planning on a tour with Eagle Ray Divers....maybe we can share a taxi to the marina.

I would love for the rest of the family who aren't snorkeling or going to Tulum, to go to Paradise Beach; but I think they feel safer sticking with a Disney excursion. Since they are watching our sons, I'll let them do what they feel comfortable with.

Anna (disneycrazzzy)

:wave2: Welcome Anna!!! Feel free to join us anytime, we don't bite, honest!!!

disneycrazzzy said:
Also, please stop by cabin 6112. We will have some door magnets to give away...

OK everybody here is the plan...right after the lifeboat drill and before the sailway part I say let see how many of us can cram into cabin 6112. :goodvibes

Only kidding! Welcome Anna ;)

My family is booked to do the 3-reef snorkeling trip with Eagle Ray. It will be me, DH and DD (10) and DS(11).

We are very, very excited about this excursion.

We'd love to share a ride over from the ship.

I, too, am ghosly white looking right now. Okay, I have a wee bit of a tan below the shorts and t-shirt line. Which just makes the rest of me look whiter when wearing a bathing suit.

...I didn't mean to imply I haven't been with y'all (got to practice on my Southern drawl) from the very beginning. I have post #15 on this thread and have read every post....well maybe I skimmed a few...and I probably wouldn't pass any quiz about all the happenings in the past 23 months...I just wanted to re-introduce ourselves and hope to meet many of you....and the main reason I posted was to discuss Eagle Ray Divers....if you haven't figured it out yet...I tend to ramble...Thanks for the re-welcomes anyway.

...I better hurry up and get my printer warmed up to make my door signs. <Actually my printer is chugging away printing a 300 page document I have to have memorized for my business trip next week.> Here is my secret....I am printing off the nautical flag letters on magnetic paper and then cutting each individual letter out. That way I can spell whatever I want on my door. If anybody wants the letters of your family name or a short saying for your door sign, let me know and I'll have them when I get on the ship and hopefully bring them to the disMeet if I can overcome my social shyness. I printed off probably 300 letters before the repo cruise and gave them away on the last day. It was fun and made for a great door sign. Here is an example:

47146A-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146A-thumb.gif

Let me know if you want some...

Ski-and-Sea said:
My family is booked to do the 3-reef snorkeling trip with Eagle Ray. It will be me, DH and DD (10) and DS(11).

We are very, very excited about this excursion.

We'd love to share a ride over from the ship.

Great! Let's plan to meet and taxi together. We are in cabin 6112. Is your excursion at 9am too? When we booked on Thursday they had us leaving at 10am and then switched to 9am. See you on the boat!

We booked with Eagle Ray a year ago. I will have to email Chellie and get updated information. I forgot to print out the last email from her with all the detailed information (and I think that was sent before the hurricane hit Cozumel).

Glad to have some company on this excursion. At least we'll know we'll get to the right place.

disneycrazzzy said:
...I didn't mean to imply I haven't been with y'all (got to practice on my Southern drawl) from the very beginning. I have post #15 on this thread and have read every post....well maybe I skimmed a few...and I probably wouldn't pass any quiz about all the happenings in the past 23 months...I just wanted to re-introduce ourselves and hope to meet many of you....and the main reason I posted was to discuss Eagle Ray Divers....if you haven't figured it out yet...I tend to ramble...Thanks for the re-welcomes anyway.

...I better hurry up and get my printer warmed up to make my door signs. <Actually my printer is chugging away printing a 300 page document I have to have memorized for my business trip next week.> Here is my secret....I am printing off the nautical flag letters on magnetic paper and then cutting each individual letter out. That way I can spell whatever I want on my door. If anybody wants the letters of your family name or a short saying for your door sign, let me know and I'll have them when I get on the ship and hopefully bring them to the disMeet if I can overcome my social shyness. I printed off probably 300 letters before the repo cruise and gave them away on the last day. It was fun and made for a great door sign. Here is an example:

47146A-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146N-thumb.gif
47146A-thumb.gif

Let me know if you want some...

Hi Anna! :wave2: I knew you weren't new because I recognised your DIS name from the list of cruisers on Page 1! :teeth:

Hey that's a neat idea about using the nautical flags to spell out names. May I please request the following letters:

T - E - R - R - Y
J - O - H - N
C - R - A - I - G
R - O - B - B - Y

Thanks so much, I love nautical flags :sail:

And please don't be shy. Be sure to come to the DIS meet at 3pm on Saturday at the Promenade Lounge. I'll be looking for you (this is when you'll all have the tie-dyed shirts on???), and I'll walk over and start a conversation. :chat: I know all about raising boys, TIVO, gardening, WDW, and DCL. :teeth:

SeaSpray said:
And please don't be shy. Be sure to come to the DIS meet at 3pm on Saturday at the Promenade Lounge. I'll be looking for you (this is when you'll all have the tie-dyed shirts on???), and I'll walk over and start a conversation. :chat: I know all about raising boys, TIVO, gardening, WDW, and DCL. :teeth:

Yes we'll be wearing tie-dye. We always wear tie-dye. Except at dinner.
I have about 12 shirts to make before we cruise. Unfortunately my five weeks of leeway to get them made has just been reduced to three weeks. What am I doing on the disboards when I've got so much to do!!!???

ANNA

Welcome back to the thread.

I too am in IT, and Dori and I have some of the same IT expirances, I suspect you do to.

This is my 27th year in the field, and have seen many changes.

Welcome aboard,

Ed:wave:

Welcome back, Anna! Steve has a host of pasty white relatives in Portland, so we won't be frightened at all. We'll be the ghostly white couple with deeply tanned arms up to the elbow. :wave2:

Terry: What about my favorite adult beverage, the Konk Kooler? :drinking:

I'm starting to think about packing and I swear I'll need an entire suitcase just for shoes -- and I'm not even much of a "shoe girl".

:boat:
Lori
(already cruising in my mind)

Ct_TiggerFan said:
ANNA

Welcome back to the thread.

I too am in IT, and Dori and I have some of the same IT expirances, I suspect you do to.

This is my 27th year in the field, and have seen many changes.

Welcome aboard,

Ed:wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah my IT experience is 24 years. Worked in the automotive, distribution, medical claims, telecommunications, metrics, and other industries. I have traveled to Boston, Detroit, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Chicago, New Jersey, and Texas for extended business trips (3 to 21 months) over that career. I've also vacationed at WDW (10+ times), DL (4 times), DCL (1 time), Holland America to Alaska (1 time), Hawaii (3 times, two weeks each time), Europe (3 times, six weeks each time) in the same years. I had never been on a plane before I started my career. I was born in Northern California (no, not San Francisco... about 300 miles north in Arcata), but Western Washington State has been my home for 21 years and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else....although if Hawaii had a cheaper cost of living and was closer to family and didn't have a five hour time difference to the East Coast where my customers are and had good schools for my boys...I'd have to think twice about moving there....I'm rambling again.... :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

:cheer2: WELCOME ANNA and Lainie !!! :cheer2:

I'd write more but I am so tired from my DD's 11th B-day bash. Giving birth was a whole lot easier than throwing a party.

Nite all.............

Dizzyworld said:
I'd write more but I am so tired from my DD's 11th B-day bash. Giving birth was a whole lot easier than throwing a party.

Nite all.............

HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY ALLISON! Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise!

disneycrazzzy said:
Yes we'll be wearing tie-dye. We always wear tie-dye. Except at dinner.
I have about 12 shirts to make before we cruise. Unfortunately my five weeks of leeway to get them made has just been reduced to three weeks. What am I doing on the disboards when I've got so much to do!!!???

Welcome Back Anna! :cheer2: Only down the hallway from you.... And we will also be milk bottle white, to the point where we nearly have a blue hue to it! :rotfl:

disneycrazzzy said:
There will be nine of us on this cruise me46, DH41, DS12, DS9, my sister 51, my other sister 44, her DH43, DD12, and DS6.

Hi Neighbor!

We haven't been posting because we weren't sure whether we would be able to make this date, but it's offical now! We have similiar age kids - DS 11, DS 9, DD 7, DS 3 and the start of it all DW 39 and DH 40 and DM 65.

We live in Auburn and also suffer from the pale skin dilemma known to Pac NWters. It won't be hard to pick us out!

We are in 6028/6030 - hopefully we'll meet up at some DIS meetings!

We are sooooo excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter