Canadian Olympic thread

I just looked on the IIHF website which now says the Canadian Men and Women are once again ranked as the #1 Hockey countries. The Men passing Russa and the Women passing the United States.

It was pure destiny that of all the Canadian players it was Sidney Crosby who gets the overtime goal.

MY dad just said the same thing. That's how it was supposed to be.:)

That was an absolutely AMAZING game and I am going to be riding this high for quite awhile:banana::cool1::yay::cool2::cheer2::flower3:

WAY TO GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone just see that French clown come up pretending to lift the last part of the Olympic cauldron which did not come up during the opening ceremonies, then we see Catriona Le May Doan get to light is since she never got to do it the other time. I personally think that was a very nice thing and a great way to start the closing ceremonies.

What a great Olympic day---YAY Canada!!! Hockey is ours.
I was happy to see that the national anthem was sung in traditional mode for the closing ceremonies.

17 days later and 15 minutes before the closing and i finally find this thread.

i could have been celebrating every moment with my fellow Canuckers. but i'm here now.

and now that we OWN THE GOLD PODIUM thank you Vancouver for helping bring the best of this country to the world

Better late than never. We've got lots to celebrate. :banana::yay:
news_canadian-flag-6401.jpg

Did anyone just see that French clown come up pretending to lift the last part of the Olympic cauldron which did not come up during the opening ceremonies, then we see Catriona Le May Doan get to light is since she never got to do it the other time. I personally think that was a very nice thing and a great way to start the closing ceremonies.

my daughter and i were cuddled up on the bed watching it and about an hour in i asked her if she thought one day she would like to go to the olympics

Yes mummy i would love it. full of smiles

what do you think you would like to do there.

after a little thought process she finally says

Mummy - i'd like to be the clown.

well i burst out laughing.

my daughter and i were cuddled up on the bed watching it and about an hour in i asked her if she thought one day she would like to go to the olympics

That is seriously adorable! I loved that part too...love our sense of humour. I really enjoyed the closing ceremonies. Not sure what we'll be watching tonight...little bit of a let down thinking about that! Nah, still on a high from yesterday.

OMG that is so funny:rotfl2::rotfl2: out of the mouths of babes

I can't believe how much fun the last 17 days have been, because Canada lost against the U.S. during the round robin game I got to see Canada play against Germany. (Canada won 8 to 2) That was the 1st must win game after the round robin. I can honestly say that being there was just electric - the fans a true sea of red and white, and the cheering was so loud, I can only imagine what it was like for the fans yesterday during the game.

I enjoyed many of the free activites including the Royal Cdn Mint and the Ontario Pavilion which were two of my favorites, I was born in Vancouver and I have lived in the lower mainland all of my life, Expo 86 was a blast but these 2 weeks have been just outstanding!! Thanks you John Furlong and all of the great Olympians it has been quite a ride!!!
:cool1:

We left for Disney in the am of Feb. 25th - didn't get to see any Olympics after that. The little bit that was on tv was American all the time.

We did find out that the CDN Men's won Gold. Had to search the newspaper to find out that Joanie Rochette won Bronze. Never did find out about the Women's hockey - how did they do?

Jan

after all the "oh Canada" singing during the olympics i can't believe some idiot in our government thought it would be a great thing to change the words to our anthem

thank god they didn't - anyone here offended by the line they wanted to change??? i'm not - can't they just leave well enough alone.

after all the "oh Canada" singing during the olympics i can't believe some idiot in our government thought it would be a great thing to change the words to our anthem

thank god they didn't - anyone here offended by the line they wanted to change??? i'm not - can't they just leave well enough alone.

I'm certainly not. I think what would have made it even worse was this: I heard Kim Campbell being interviewed and she said she thinks that the first line should be "our home ON native land" because, in her words, native Canadians were here first and we are living on their land. While that may be correct, to me that would almost be rubbing salt in the wound so to speak and almost be inflammatory. Crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter