Cancelled Reservation

I think I'd make my next communication a little stronger. Maybe offer some suggestions as to how she can facilitate the transfer back of funds through Paypal first. Then if it's not done by the next day, tell her you will be speaking with your attorney. That usually will at least get them off the dime and at least communicate again.

A stronger worded email was sent... strong'er' because it isn't harsh yet. I asked for a specific timeframe to be given. Paypal is giving her until the 16th to respond to the claim before they step in to resolve it... only two more days until I have someone else (hopefully) batting for me!

I think I'd make my next communication a little stronger. Maybe offer some suggestions as to how she can facilitate the transfer back of funds through Paypal first. Then if it's not done by the next day, tell her you will be speaking with your attorney. That usually will at least get them off the dime and at least communicate again.

Oh... the old attorney threat. Who would pay an attorney a couple of thousand dollars to try and recover $700.00?

:earsboy: Bill

To the op: this really stinks, and I feel very sorry for you . I wish I had extra points:grouphug:

I have one word for the member: KARMA!;)

Oh... the old attorney threat. Who would pay an attorney a couple of thousand dollars to try and recover $700.00?

Yep. As the great American philosopher Bo Diddley said: "Don't let your mouth write no check your tail can't cash."

Very often, threats cause the other side to talk to their attorney, who says, "Okay, let's just sit tight. Refer the other attorney to me and we'll see what they have to say. They'd be nuts to sue, so we might be able to settle this for less."

Maybe the OP has a friend who's letterhead isn't a couple thousand dollars. We have a friend who is an attorney who has written a letter or two for family members to "get the ball rolling" so to speak. All it cost was a fruit basket. :thumbsup2

A stronger worded email was sent... strong'er' because it isn't harsh yet. I asked for a specific timeframe to be given. Paypal is giving her until the 16th to respond to the claim before they step in to resolve it... only two more days until I have someone else (hopefully) batting for me!

I hope Paypal helps you out. I have never had much success with them, but I've never made this type of claim either. The problem is, if this person doesn't have the money (and obviously that is the case), you are going to have a hard time getting anything resolved.

Dizneynutz, I didn't say to make a legal claim requiring thousands... I meant have an attorney write a letter. It costs very little and offen gets folks off the dime. I've often had an attorney write a letter for me, but I've never had a need to sue anyone. The letter is usually enough if it is factual and straight forward.

Maybe the OP has a friend who's letterhead isn't a couple thousand dollars. We have a friend who is an attorney who has written a letter or two for family members to "get the ball rolling" so to speak. All it cost was a fruit basket. :thumbsup2

We have two of those ourselves. Both play soccer with my husband. If there was further action needed, either one would do it for us at no expense. You never know who has a real attorney "friend" that will help them out.

Fortunately, I have never had to ask for a "favour", but I am glad to know that the option is there if needed.

Rachel honey, :hug: hugs to you!

I hope Paypal helps you out. I have never had much success with them, but I've never made this type of claim either. The problem is, if this person doesn't have the money (and obviously that is the case), you are going to have a hard time getting anything resolved.

Dizneynutz, I didn't say to make a legal claim requiring thousands... I meant have an attorney write a letter. It costs very little and offen gets folks off the dime. I've often had an attorney write a letter for me, but I've never had a need to sue anyone. The letter is usually enough if it is factual and straight forward.

I understand where you are coming from :thumbsup2 but the reality is that a letter from an attorney is just a letter. If this person is a scammer, they probably receive them all the time.

A court filing would be required and even if the plaintiff prevails, I doubt if they could collect. :sad2:

I understand where you are coming from :thumbsup2 but the reality is that a letter from an attorney is just a letter. If this person is a scammer, they probably receive them all the time.

A court filing would be required and even if the plaintiff prevails, I doubt if they could collect. :sad2:

And that's exactly as far as it would go, but nothing ventured nothing gained, so the letter is no foul.

Unfortunately, the scammer knows this too:scared1:P

People stink. :sad2:

However, it is very handy to have a lawyer in the family to do this type of thing. Don't you have an Uncle George, the lawyer? (we really do have a lwyer in the family and quick call by him has saved several headaches.)

I wish you lots and lots of luck. This situation is just terrible. I only have 35 AKV points left otherwise I would be happy to help you out.

I now see why my renters have been so careful about me. I dont have many past rentals so I get overlooked.

I wish you lots of luck! Daddio replied to your post a few pages back asking why you don't talk on the phone. Try him the next time you want to rent. He is legit :goodvibes

I don't want to sabotage Rachel's thread, but I figured I'd ask since we're on the topic of renting. I potentially have points I may need to rent before May 2011. Hoping a friend will be able to use them, but still not sure. So how does a person who has never rented out points prove they will be reliable? Do you try to get friends/family that to rent a few times since you have an established relationship or do you use a service such as David's Rentals? I know I would do everything 110% to be sure it was a smooth transaction on my end, but how do I prove that to a potential renter? I have read the basics of renting in the stickies, but not sure if this question is addressed so sorry if it is, please just refer me there.
Also, not implying Rachel did anything wrong in her case, the whole situation just has me thinking... I am eagerly waiting for an update and hope she gets every last penny back and a new reservation that will work! :wizard:

Thanks! :)

I don't want to sabotage Rachel's thread, but I figured I'd ask since we're on the topic of renting. I potentially have points I may need to rent before May 2011. Hoping a friend will be able to use them, but still not sure. So how does a person who has never rented out points prove they will be reliable? Do you try to get friends/family that to rent a few times since you have an established relationship or do you use a service such as David's Rentals? I know I would do everything 110% to be sure it was a smooth transaction on my end, but how do I prove that to a potential renter? I have read the basics of renting in the stickies, but not sure if this question is addressed so sorry if it is, please just refer me there.
Also, not implying Rachel did anything wrong in her case, the whole situation just has me thinking... I am eagerly waiting for an update and hope she gets every last penny back and a new reservation that will work! :wizard:

Thanks! :)

Thats a tough question....people are a lot more wary now for good reasons. It's kind of like the old "how can I get experience, if no one will hire me to get experience" question. I know if I were to rent from someone I'd have to have some really good references, as a minimum. I think what you said would be a good start, if you know someone that is going to Disney, offer to rent your points, to gain references. If I had the points, and couldn't find a renter, I think I'd just give them to my family to stay...have to make the payments anyway. :goodvibes If you absolutely know for certain you can't make a trip to Disney, you can always use RCI and maybe have a weekend getaway somewhere closer to home.

So, Rachel......Any word yet from Paypal???? We are all sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter