Cancelled Reservation

Rachel - So glad for this situation has finally able to come to the end with you as the winner! :yay: Wishing you many future magical Dinsey vacations!

:cool1::thumbsup2:dance3: GREAT NEWS!!! I'm glad you have a good "consolation" triop too! Be sure to come back and post when you have your next Disney trip planned. If you are renting, I'd be expecting to see that sometime in January!:thumbsup2

Rachel, I am so glad that this has ended for you. You have been such a lady about all of this. Your true character really shines through. :hug:

wow..what a horrible experience! I am glad that you finally got your money and hope that you have a great trip to Ireland this year and Disney next year!

I had a very nervous time with some points we had rented for dh's 40th bday last year. Everything was great at the beginning and then the person had some family issues and I emailed and emailed because the phone was disconnected. Finally I received a harsh email back that the ressie was still effective and that the confirmation had been sent. I did not know about being able to check rented ressies on the site. It all worked out but I think that some people just don't understand that you are putting forth a large sum of money and that this affects your life, as well. :confused3:confused3

Hey, do you guys remember when baby Jessica fell into an underground well in TX about 25 years ago? Day after day we watched (exhausted) to see if they would get her out. Rachel is our Jessica. Way to stand up for what's right and get back what belongs to you.

Wow just finished reading all of the posts. I’ve not read through so many since the “ Sad Story.” I am so sorry Rachel you will not be able to make the trip to Disney this December. I hope you try for next December and find an owner who is not a scam artiste or totally irresponsible and incompetent. I am glad you where able to get your money back.

I just bumped Sad Story up over on the DVC Operations board in response to a request. It's got almost 1,000 total posts and more than 230,000 views.

If ever there was a thread that epitomized a community coming together, Sad Story is it.

Rent from someone with a high DIS post count.

Rent from someone who has rented several times and who has verifiable references.

Talk to them on the phone and ask them questions.

Don't look for the cheapest deal, you get what you pay for.

Review their written rental agreement. If they don't have one walk away.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm renting points this years cause I've bought 3 loaded contrats, one ssr, one bwv and one vero. I've bought those contracts cause It's a good time for buying and I'm preparing my retirement. I'm not a high Dis post but I read a lot ( I'm learning from all of you). I dont have any reference from dis friends cause I didn't rent to anybody here before, but I rent two times before for friend in Montreal, that doesn't mean that I'm going to defrauded of money someone that way. I know you must check before giving your money and I'm angry when I read a story like this one so please dont put us in the same basket.

I'm renting points this years cause I've bought 3 loaded contrats, one ssr, one bwv and one vero. I've bought those contracts cause It's a good time for buying and I'm preparing my retirement. I'm not a high Dis post but I read a lot ( I'm learning from all of you). I dont have any reference from dis friends cause I didn't rent to anybody here before, but I rent two times before for friend in Montreal, that doesn't mean that I'm going to defrauded of money someone that way. I know you must check before giving your money and I'm angry when I read a story like this one so please dont put us in the same basket.

I just bought our contract this year as well and do not have a high post count because I did not know about the Disboards or DVC until about a year ago. I rent out some of my loaded contract and used my Link-In page as a referral source. I think it would be good to start a list of ideas of how you could help to verify if the owner is a good person to rent from other than the Disboards.

I just bought our contract this year as well and do not have a high post count because I did not know about the Disboards or DVC until about a year ago. I rent out some of my loaded contract and used my Link-In page as a referral source. I think it would be good to start a list of ideas of how you could help to verify if the owner is a good person to rent from other than the Disboards.

I would like to make a suggestion. I know we can't use DisBoards to post a complaint or possible fraudulent poster but why can't we start a sticky to post Kudos to DVCers that provide a good rental experience. Something similar to Amazon where you can post feedback,only in our case it would be just good feedback. At least it will give people some peace of mind when renting. These types of situations are bad for our whole DVC community. I hate the idea that someone uses our DisBoards to commit fraudulent activities.

I would like to make a suggestion. I know we can't use DisBoards to post a complaint or possible fraudulent poster but why can't we start a sticky to post Kudos to DVCers that provide a good rental experience. Something similar to Amazon where you can post feedback,only in our case it would be just good feedback. At least it will give people some peace of mind when renting. These types of situations are bad for our whole DVC community. I hate the idea that someone uses our DisBoards to commit fraudulent activities.

There are a few unscrupulous members out there who might post kudos about themselves using a different login. Something similar to this happened a few years ago when the once a year transfer wasn't monitored so closely by DVC.

The DIS doesn't allow this anyway.

Hi Rachel-

I just read your long story about the disaster woman that rented you her points. I am glad you finally got your money back; but i was curious, wouldn't your cc of done something for you if Paypal did not?

Thanks-
Lori

I just started renting my points and have one successful reference and a couple more bookings to set up tomorrow but I agree that there should be some way that my references can post good comments about me. Also the DVC members could post which renters they have enjoyed working with because these kind of things can happen both ways. I was told through DVC that if someone stays in a reservation under my points and then checks out and later the resort finds damages or items missing that I will be held responsible for the charges so I could be hurt also.

Christy

I think it would be way too easy to generate both false recommendations and false bad reports.

What would stop a scammers friends from creating an account to generate positive reviews, and all of them share the proceeds? And what would stop someone from falsely accusing an honest person to drive business to themselves instead?

The bottom line is this: if you feel uneasy about someone, then don't do business with them. Before having them make a reservation for you, research their posting history here on the DIS using the board search function. Get to know their posting style and overall personality. If you don't feel comfortable, don't proceed with the transaction.

If the whole idea of not being 100% secure makes you feel leary, then renting probably isn't thebest choice for you...rent directly through Disney. Peace of mind and guaranteed security is worth the extra $ to many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter