CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

I had a candy buffet at my wedding...it was the biggest hit! I used all different vases, bowls, etc. I also used white paper lunch bags with a printed label on them. For scoops I used large serving spoons that I bought at the dollar store. I had 2 picture frames that said "Lauren and Tom's Sweet Shoppe" and the menu of items listed.

I used groovy candies dot com...they were wonderful!

Here are some pics:

candybuffet.jpg

42251835412_0_BG.jpg

Very CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, for sharing the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the see-thru glass containers are awesome, but if you did want to do metal buckets of candy, I have recently seen these in colors recently in the target dollar shop. I have also seen containers in IKEA that are clear plastic (they had glass too but pricier) and are shaped like the old-timey candy jars.

Instead of boxes for goody bags, you could just use the clear cello bags. I bought some 24/$1 at Dollar Tree. They have some with nice designs on them. I bought butterfly ones. I had never heard of a candy buffet; now I'm going to have to look into that for DS's 8th grade graduation!

Marsha

I spent an hour on the candy warehouse site...they even had everything in colors....I matched...yellow tones...purple tones and then I was ready to check out...and it would be 68.70 for shipping on a 105.00 order:scared1:

What part of MA. ae you in? Aren't there candy stores in the Fall River Outlets? Maybe you could get some deals there.

Mrs. Disney Ron

What part of MA. ae you in? Aren't there candy stores in the Fall River Outlets? Maybe you could get some deals there.

Mrs. Disney Ron
\
I am about an hour away from Fall River....
I was thinking of Mark Stevens in RI to see if they had puple peeps...:headache: My DD said since that is her favorite can I find them....and purple is her school color..:guilty: I told her I would try...
I am also going to go to the xmas shop today..maybe they have some containers and even candy!! There is a candy store right next to the Christmas Tree shop I am going to..but they have Candy Shop prices if you know what I mean:laughing:

\
I am about an hour away from Fall River....
I was thinking of Mark Stevens in RI to see if they had puple peeps...:headache: My DD said since that is her favorite can I find them....and purple is her school color..:guilty: I told her I would try...
I am also going to go to the xmas shop today..maybe they have some containers and even candy!! There is a candy store right next to the Christmas Tree shop I am going to..but they have Candy Shop prices if you know what I mean:laughing:

Purple Peeps...
http://astore.amazon.com/wasawwriteart-20/detail/B00134FI9A/002-6324132-2100048

These candy bars are so cute, such a great idea. I think I am going to do this for my sons next BDay party as favors. :woohoo:

I"ve also been thinking about doing this for DD's graduation party but I'm not exactly sure how I'd set it up. We were thinking about doing an "open house" type party like we did for our other DD. We had people show up anywhere from 2 until 10pm. If I set it up in the beginning of the party, there will probably not be anything left by the time the last people come.

I've also thought about the chocolate fountain but when I did this for DD's birthday (mostly family), it was crazy. I had everything prepared ahead of time but they were like vultures as I brought the trays out. I politely asked not to start until DD had opened her gifts but no one listened. It was mostly my BIL, SIL and their kids. I asked a few more times but it fell of deaf ears.

We are borrowing a restaurant size slushie maker from our friends. We're making frozen lemonade and the adults can add alcohol if they choose. In the past, we did virgin Margarita but the mix is a fortune.

DD's colors are Black and Red but I think that we're going more for a carnival type scheme so a variety would be nice.

Any suggestions?

I had a candy buffet at my wedding...it was the biggest hit! I used all different vases, bowls, etc. I also used white paper lunch bags with a printed label on them. For scoops I used large serving spoons that I bought at the dollar store. I had 2 picture frames that said "Lauren and Tom's Sweet Shoppe - Grab a bag, fill it up and remember, Love is sweet!" and the menu of items listed.

I used groovy candies dot com...they were wonderful!

Here are some pics:

candybuffet.jpg

42251835412_0_BG.jpg

Where did you get those flying saucers? I need them for my candy buffet!!?

Thank you everyone...I got several big ..HUGE margarita glasses and about 5 other shapes. Got Nestle Treasures..pERFECT colors at the christmas tree shop for 2.79. I was looking forr the Huge Lollipops..they are swirly..The candy store had them for 5.49!!! each:scared1: I found them at the Christmas Tree shop for .89:woohoo:
The dollar store didnt have much . The bags are small. i did get several of the cotton candy...I am going to layer the colors in the largest size...that way it will look full but not cost $$$$.

what a yummy thread...just thinking /seeing ideas for my dd's sweet 16 birthday party for next year thanks:thumbsup2

:goodvibes I just wanted to say thank you for the idea for my DD birthday party. :thumbsup2 Good luck to the OP with your party. :banana:

candy_buffet1.jpg

This would be easy to replicate with cardboard boxes and the candy used isn't very expensive at Sam's. I see blow pops, pixie sticks, tootsie rolls and jelly bears. Laffy taffy and twizzlers aren't very expensive and I've found that most kids prefer that to chocolate. :eek: Did your daughter have favorite candy as a child? Maybe include that?

Oooh that's pretty :lovestruc

Have you also thought about making candy bar wrappers? Easy enough to do on your own. Just need some bright white everyday printing paper, make your design and print them out. Get a nice paper cutter and some tape (dbl sided sticky is best). Buy the Hershey candy bars at Sams or Costco or even GFS! They are so much cheaper. About $13 for 36 bars. If you need help with this let me know!!! jatbiehn@aol.com

I was thinking that you could get foam topiary trees and stick the lollipops in them for people to pull out. You could add ribbon to the holes - if there are any. That would add height to your buffett.

I was thinking that you could get foam topiary trees and stick the lollipops in them for people to pull out. You could add ribbon to the holes - if there are any. That would add height to your buffett.

:banana: lovee this idea. I am going to aC Moore tonight :cool1: Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter