CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

This is an awesome idea.

I am thinking about hosting a laua/swim party and would like to do this as well. What types of candies besides starburst(tropical) can I use?

Thanks

Don't forget about Goodwill or another near by thrift store for glass containers and/or glasses to display candies. Some really good bargains there.

I had a candy buffet for my daughter's sweet sixteen party last year. (the party theme was candy). We used Chinese food containers for the guests to hold the candy.

One suggestion I would make is to google "candy buffet" because I got a lot of pictures which gave me good ideas! One thing I did was to make "levels"-I had to use a six foot long banquet table for the buffet. So I put it against the wall and placed little plastic crates/boxes along the back, then covered everything with the tablecloth. This made a better display and was easier for the guests to reach the back level. I had three of the large margarita glasses and I placed them in the center of the back row.

I like the tulle like the prior poster showed but instead of that I wove a strand of white christmas lights through the buffet!

I got clear plastic scoops at the dollar store-a set of three in graduated sizes for just $1! At the end I wanted to add a few extra containers so I picked up clear plastic bowls at the dollar store-they looked fine even though the rest were glass.

The guests loved the buffet! Now since I still have all the supplies I volunteered to make one for my nephew's graduation party next month.

These are fabulous! I was going to suggest the topiary forms for lollipops but pjtm beat me to it.
I don't know if this would work with your theme but what about candy sushi? If you do a google search you'll find a ton of sites with ideas and recipes involving things like twinkies & fruit leather. The finished products are really cute and you could make one of those cake plate towers filled with them.
In the past, we did virgin Margarita but the mix is a fortune.
Try limeade concentrate from the frozen foods section. You can tweak it to taste with fruit juice & (lots of) ice.

I had a candy buffet for my daughter's sweet sixteen party last year. (the party theme was candy). We used Chinese food containers for the guests to hold the candy.

One suggestion I would make is to google "candy buffet" because I got a lot of pictures which gave me good ideas! One thing I did was to make "levels"-I had to use a six foot long banquet table for the buffet. So I put it against the wall and placed little plastic crates/boxes along the back, then covered everything with the tablecloth. This made a better display and was easier for the guests to reach the back level. I had three of the large margarita glasses and I placed them in the center of the back row.

I like the tulle like the prior poster showed but instead of that I wove a strand of white christmas lights through the buffet!

I got clear plastic scoops at the dollar store-a set of three in graduated sizes for just $1! At the end I wanted to add a few extra containers so I picked up clear plastic bowls at the dollar store-they looked fine even though the rest were glass.

The guests loved the buffet! Now since I still have all the supplies I volunteered to make one for my nephew's graduation party next month.

Did you take a pic of your buffet? I would love to see it. Thanks

I'm having a problem coming up with a clever graduation poem for the table.

suggestions?

It is NOT budget, actually a budget buster imo, but I ordered customized M & M's for our graduation party here. www.mymms.com They are custom color mixed and have special saying printed on them.

I hope the OP doesn't mind that I also stole this idea... I think this will be a great thing!

I hope the OP doesn't mind that I also stole this idea... I think this will be a great thing!

Me too. I don't have any immediate plans but I am storing the idea away for future use!:thumbsup2

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

This is SOOOO perfect for our wedding!:goodvibes
I love candy, and the best part is that my cousin's work at a candy factory so it will definetaly be budget for me:woohoo:
Now to explain this extra element to DH;)
Thanks to all for the wonderful ideas and pictures.
:cheer2:

Shame this thread couldn't have been posted BEFORE my wedding. It is a fabulous idea. Will have to keep it in mind might use it for my 40th birthday party. Which is still 6 years away but it is the best function I can think of.

Kirsten

Saying for the table...

How about something like this:

Graduation 2008...How sweet it is!!!

Grab a bag
Fill it up
and enjoy the sugar buzz!

Thank you for celebrating with us!

I used something like this for my wedding.

I love the candy buffet idea. I found this site with some neat ideas http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-blog/candy-buffet-ideas/

I would think buying in bulk form a local place like a Sam's or BJ's would save a lot of $$ over having to pay shipping from an online store. BTW, Peeps are made by Just Born candies in Bethlehem, PA. I'm not sure if they sell Peppe during other times of the year besides Easter, but here is their website, in case you want to contact them.

We're doing this for my DD graduation on Sunday! I bought my candy at the Flower Factory which is a big wholesale place in our area. I bought big jars and filled them with candy. Each one will be a centerpiece at each table. I think it will be cute, but I spent way more than I planned!

Do you want a general graduation poem or one that's related to the candy buffet?

both ;)

Here's what I have so far. I don't hate it, but would welcome something a little more inspired. LOL

Please take a bag ... and fill it with treats
I hope you enjoy a little something sweet

Thank you for helping me celebrate
My place in the class of 2008!

Love this idea! doing it for dd graduation party!
I already had a couple of nice clear bowls and vases that would work great but i went to TJMaxx and bout 3 more on clearance for only $8.40 then I headed to the Christmas tree shop and bought a few more.
I checked out the candy sites on line and grant it you can get candy in a certain color theme but it gets pricey. I checked out BJs and they had a great assortment of huge bags of candy for a reasonable price and no shipping

:cheer2: You guys have awesome ideas. My twin girls are celebrating their 13th birthday in September. We are having a luau party where the kids will be camping out in the yard and i was trying to find something to replace goody bags and this is it. My girls love the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter