Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our TA was on the phone for 3 hours this morning (since 5:30 am) trying to get us FD for our dates of 11/29-12/8. When I spoke with her this morning, she told me that only the POTC themed rooms were part of the FD offer (I'm guessing that's what the CM told her on the phone) so she moved my mom and brother to that with a water view. It was saving them $600. My family was already booked for a standard pirate themed room, so she moved/upgraded us to a water view and requested adjoining rooms. It increased our package cost by $400, but it was FD none-the-less.

She then calls me back after she tries online at the TA website and tells me that a non-pirate themed room for FD opened up and she grabed it for us, putting us back to our original room requests and right back to down to the cost we figured out with FD added :banana:. She had to call Disney back and cancel out the first change she did.

This is all well and good, but now I'm a little worried that b/c of all of this moving around, canceling, rebooking, etc., that we will be paying for the new cost in park tickets rather than what we paid for in May when we originally booked. She told me that we wouldn't.

On a good note, this TA went above and beyond what we expected to make sure we got FD. Their office opens up at 10 am and this one person got up earlier than usual and took care of this on her own time for us. That was something my family was not expecting.

That is awesome she did that for you!

This is all well and good, but now I'm a little worried that b/c of all of this moving around, canceling, rebooking, etc., that we will be paying for the new cost in park tickets rather than what we paid for in May when we originally booked. She told me that we wouldn't.

If you modify an existing reservation you will pay the current ticket prices. So it didn't matter that your original reservation was canceled.

If you modify an existing reservation you will pay the current ticket prices. So it didn't matter that your original reservation was canceled.

That was my understanding as well. There is less than a $100 difference from what I initially figured out with FD added. So I'm wondering if that's where the ticket increase is.

Cool Thanks, garden grocer does not sell Hershey Bars, so I will have to carry them on the plane. But I can pack gram crakers so I will be set for the marshellow roast.. I am getting so excited 61 days!!

I found the pictures that I took but I can't quite make out if there's peanut butter in any of the bowls. It looks like honey, assorted jellies, tea bags, hot sauce, etc.

DSCF2296.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

That is awesome she did that for you!

I was talking to my mom about what our TA did and we both agreed that we would like to thank them. She told me that my aunt and her sent their TA flowers as a thank you b/c that TA did something similar for them.

When a TA goes above and beyond like this, it really shows how much they care about their customers!

I'd suggest buildings 34 or 35. I walked over to Trinidad South and back to Old Port Royale and it took me about 7 minutes to walk from TS to OPR.

Thanks :thumbsup2. Those looked like the closest pirate rooms to me on the map, too. I will call back after the free dining craziness dies down and request those buildings. --Katie

Hello, my sister just booked a trip for CBR in October and was told all the mods have queen beds now instead of doubles. I didnt think they had done the CBR rooms yet and they definitely can't have 2 doubles. Do you know if they have switched out the beds yet?

Thank you!

I found the pictures that I took but I can't quite make out if there's peanut butter in any of the bowls. It looks like honey, assorted jellies, tea bags, hot sauce, etc.
]

Thank you for the pictures, can I ask one more question.
Do they have unsweet ice tea? and if so can you use your mug to refill for it?

Thanks again

Nope. CBR still has doubles. Rumor has it they will get queens sometime in 2013, but as of right now doubles.
So sad :(

Nope. CBR still has doubles. Rumor has it they will get queens sometime in 2013, but as of right now doubles.

That was my concern. You'd think they'd make sure that things were up to date at the ressie center. My sis just called today and they told her all the mods had queens. Well...hopefully something opens up somewhere else.

Thank you!

Does this resort usually get a lot of discounts? I know Disney just released one on it, but it looks as if a couple of them are usually in the mix for giving discounts...sorry to ramble haven't had my coffee yet.

Does this resort usually get a lot of discounts? I know Disney just released one on it, but it looks as if a couple of them are usually in the mix for giving discounts...sorry to ramble haven't had my coffee yet.

I've been able to use the Disney Special Offers for at least three or four CBR stays. Our travel dates are between the last two weeks in May and the first week of June.

Thank you for the pictures, can I ask one more question.
Do they have unsweet ice tea? and if so can you use your mug to refill for it?

Thanks again

So sad :(

They do have Gold Peak tea in sweet and unsweet. I believe there was also a tropical flavor.

thank you thank you thank you

OP, I hear you. Unsweetened iced tea is pretty much the only thing I drink throughout the day. I'll have an 8 oz glass of regular soda with lunch, but that's it.

Disney's had that even back in 1985 when I first went as a teenager. Actually, that was the trip that got me hooked on it b/c my mom was drinking it.

OP, I hear you. Unsweetened iced tea is pretty much the only thing I drink throughout the day. I'll have an 8 oz glass of regular soda with lunch, but that's it.

Disney's had that even back in 1985 when I first went as a teenager. Actually, that was the trip that got me hooked on it b/c my mom was drinking it.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE COKE!!! But I am too fat for it :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I have been having usweet tea instead and I like it and I am doing pretty good.
I know I will have a coke or two, but if I drink it the whole time I am there I will gain everything I have just lost. Plus I need to be down about 10 more pounds before the trip. So hard to do with summer cookouts. :sad:

Ok... so I ready my post and I confused myself so I'm just deleting it. :)

:rotfl: I've done that several times myself. After reading a post over several times (while still in the editing phase), it doesn't sound right and I'm having a hard time getting out what I'm trying to say. So what I wind up doing is hitting the back button so it doesn't post.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE COKE!!! But I am too fat for it :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I have been having usweet tea instead and I doing pretty good.
I know I will have a coke or two, but if I drink it the whole time I will gain everything I have just lost. Plus I need to be down about 10 more pounds for is my goal before the trip. So hard to do with summer cookouts. :sad:

I'm trying to lose as well for our trip. We went to PA back in April for a group trip DH and I organized. When we came back, I found that I had gained about 7 pounds and I still have yet to lose it. I know we will gain more when we are down there and I'm not looking forward to it :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter